Mad Scalper

Certainly is.

I’ve come to the conclusion that all this obsession with how many pips you make is nonesense.

I could make a four day trade for 200 pips with a 1:1 R/R using 2% equity and make the same as a 5 minute scalp worth 10 pips at a 1:1 R/R and 2% equity.

Pips are largely meaningless if your R/R is good and you’re winning more than you’re losing!

Ha…you read my mind, I swear I was just thinking about that. Big pips mean big stops, so its all the same. Infact, I catch a runner now and then, so a 2% 20 pip SL scalp can easily give you 4% or 5%…we are trading with the trend.

Day trading can be more profitable than large swing trading at times. Like if its a slow period, and things are stuck in a 100-150 pip range, we can scalp it in either direction.

Also, lets say we have a nice up trend. Mad Scalper actually gets you in repeatedly on the retraces, so in theory you could make more than 100 pips on a 100 pip trending move…pretty cool.

We’re on the same page here, that’s for sure.

If you can lock in half your position as profit and move your remaining half’s S/L to BE, you could run into some very nice longer term trades and even just leave it there during the retraces if you didn’t want to mess around too much, so long as everything is still suggesting trend continuation. Afterall, you’re assured of profit either way.

I took half +12, with the rest locked at break even…

out +17…this is too easy.

Missed them all due to being in the vet…not the best day i’ve had at this game!!!

Ah, no worries…pa is in a nice healthy phase. I hope to keep up the pace for 2 or 3 more weeks before we slow down for the holidays, and I call it a YEAR!
…wow time flies.

you can still trade new york, but watch out for news in 10 mins…

This time next week, I fly out for two weeks in the sun and my year is most definitely done. :smiley:

Closed this long for a loss after 45 minutes:

i dont think your supposed to trade against the slope of the MAs

There are a few reasons why I wouldn’t have taken that trade.

1. The 50 MA is above the price action and it should be below it.
  2. The 50 MA is pointing slightly down, you want a nice upward direction on it for a long
  3. The volume is low-ish
  4. The previous price action was rather choppy and unpredictable
  5. There is resistance right above that trade. Not a reason not to take it if the other factors line up but it’s to be considered if the trade is not prefect in all other areas.

That’s not a valid entry according to the rules. Mystic pointed out the correct conditions for long, that were not there.

first scalp today, all rules confirmed… +15 pips.

I’m thinking the Osma at zero might be good enough for entry…waiting for a cross of zero can get you in late sometimes. I’ll keep watching it.

i thought about takeing that same exact trade, but right into a very high support level, so i stood sidelines…

the trade is going nicely though good job :slight_smile:

It definitly had increased risk because of support, but I knew I could bank about 10 pips at the test, so I went in small risk, took some profit off at that support, just incase, and gave the rest a chance.

its not so easy to trade the asia session being a college student lol and especially with finals next week

Your not missing much…Aisa only giving a trade or two lately…and that’s if your lucky. London and NY have been great…2 or 3 hours in either of those sessions should get you good pips.