Making a living from forex only?

You can make a good living trading FX full time. That’s what i do, however, it helps if you have previously worked for yourself in another area preferably sales, and you are debt free, cashed up and live a very financially sensible lifestyle.
Most people that are on the debt , spend, more debt merry- go - round would stand absolutely no chance of getting it off the ground. You need a quiet enviroment to study, think and trade.
But like any business, you need plenty of money behind you so you can work without pressure and make good financial decisions.
Trying to get it off the ground with a few thousand dollars is probably next to impossible as you can’t think clearly under pressure.

There are so many ways to earn a living from forex alone. You can be an introducing broker or even a money manager. You don’t necessarily have to trade your own money and earn from that. You can ask people to trust you and trade their money for a small fee. I used to do this at Brokers Star first.

Annoying is it when they tell you that you cannot do it. But keep in mind. Only the people who aren’t making their living from trading FX will tell you that. If they make a living out of trading and tell that you cannot do that, they would be liars.

You can do it, but Plan your trade and trade your plan. Be consistent with that because when you don’t follow your plan you don’t have a plan.

You are here on a beginners site. There are fulltime traders here (Idefx sticks his finger up), but the greater part are beginners, traders who didn’t make it, people who like trading but don’t dare, people who only like to dream about it, and the believers. Asking on this site if you can make a living of it will give a total different set of responses than on a site with fulltime traders. Keep that in mind, befor you jump from the last major resistance level to end you traders life out of depression!

It has been done, so you can do it too.

Define what you mean by “very well” and please provide a reliable source backing your claim.

Making money for living by only trading in the forex market is possible only if we have good knowledge regarding the market and have the trading system which can produce us consistent result so that we do not miss on net profits each month.

Is it possible? Yes, of course it is. Is it probably? No, it is not. The failure rate is roughly 98% and out of the 2% that succeed not all are professional forex traders.

The best way to trade financial markets with second income. So your trades will be adequate.

Can you explain your post? How do you think your trades will become adequate?

That would depend on how successful you are with your demo account. You can make money with a $1000 deposit if you want to. You are the one who determines how much you want to earn.

Hey.

Yep, I’m making money by trading forex many years :slight_smile: Don’t look at my post count that mean nothing.
When you learn how to trade you will make 3-12% monthly (from the deposit), so you can calculate how big Depo you need for living only by trading.

trading will not be the same when you got a big deposit. I do favour that to make a living we do not need millions of dollars and an account of $5000 is enough for me to get the monthly income.

Either your monthly requirements are really low, or you use a lot of leverage. I definitely do not believe 5k account is good enough for monthly income. 50k maybe.

You will make ~$75-$500 every month. If in your country it’s good, then you are lucky man! Doesn’t mean that you will make every month 10% :slight_smile:

Absolutely not. Your demo account performance is 100% irrelevant. You do not trade in demo accounts and you only learn how to trade by actually trading. Plenty of new traders do well in a demo account only to find out the hard way that they did not learn anything and blow their live account in a heart-beat.

There are other ways to make money from forex than just trading. You can become an IB, join an affiliate program or become a mentor or system developer.

Here is a short post on this subject.
How to Earn a Living in Forex Without Trading

Very few ever think about what you have mentioned. Trading is 100% up to you while the others depend on third-parties which you can’t control, but you are right there are other ways to earn money from the fx market than trading.

Basically agree with you, we can make money on everything in this world. Main question is “How much?”, how much we can make trading, bloging etc.

This how much is the real problem. A person would be happy to get $500 in a month for all his expenses while it might be 1 day expenses of the other person. So this living varies person to person.

Yes you can make a living trading. Is it easy? No. You have to be disciplined, be able to manage your money & learn to see the repeatable patterns that the market offers. If you are willing to put in serious effort & treat it like a business, you will succeed if you put your mind to it & let nobody tell you that you can’t do it!

I’ve been a full time Professional Traderr since 2007. Forex is my passion, which is why I really love helping anyone to overcome their challenges and become profitable in their own trading. If you’re just getting started in trading Forex, or if you’d like to take your trading to the next level, I’d love to help!

If you’re new to Forex trading and frustrated because what you’re doing right now isn’t working, I can show you how you can make a Forex Passive Income in just 30 minutes! Everything you need to know is in my free report.I taught myself from the video tutorials of the company under which i am trading i:e Forex Trading | Trade Forex with Alpari – International Forex Broker!!