Million Dollar Pips

I just put MDP on a live account with IC Markets:
(sorry I got less than 5 posts here so I can’t post my link - search myfxbook for BluePanther)

It has not yet traded (only been two days), but checking the journal I see a couple of entries at the beginning such as this:
“WARNING: offset overflow: 2895 period: 1”

12 entries are present only, and numbers vary between 2899 and 2875.

Q1. Is this an issue that may be preventing MDP from trading? Is it normal that MDP will trade infrequently?

Q2. Can anyone share a real live money test account that is successful so far with MPD?

[QUOTE=“Bluepanther;489387”]Just put MDP on a live account with IC Markets:
(sorry I got less than 5 posts here so I can’t post my link - search myfxbook for BluePanther)

It has not yet traded (only been two days), but checking the journal I see a couple of entries at the beginning such as this:
“WARNING: offset overflow: 2895 period: 1”

12 entries are present only, and numbers vary between 2899 and 2875.

Q1. Is this an issue that may be preventing MDP from trading? Is it normal that MDP will trade infrequently?

Q2. Can anyone share a real live money test account that is successful so far with MPD?[/QUOTE]

Mdp had great success in mid 2012, but market has changed considerably since then. Now, traders have moved on to greener pastures and I seriously didn’t think anyone would still be using it.

I have never really tried MDP, although I purchased it a while ago. Actually, the last time I tried it mid-2012 it lost me a bit of money because it opened trades very frequently, but closed them all in loss soon after (1 second to 2 minutes). Still, I’m hoping someone is still using it, or has used it in the past who knows what this message means, or who can show me a live real money current account.

I just put it on a new account with a better broker, but it is unusually quiet. I have a valid license as I have gone to the activation page and changed accounts, and everything seems okay (except that “WARNING offset overflow” message in the Expert tab).

Q1. Is this an issue that may be preventing MDP from trading? Is it normal that MDP will trade infrequently (like this)?

Q2. Can anyone share a real live money test account that is presently successful with MPD?

Let us know how it goes man.

MDP did nothing on IC Markets, so I have taken it off my account. I’m still wondering why nothing happened, and why I was getting the “WARNING offset overflow” message.

Some member of myfxbook seems to think:

“Offset overflow-warning: This seems to be happening if the respective chart is missing some bars. MDP will trade again after some time. Just wait.”

I gave up, but perhaps I should leave it on my account again just in case?

Is there anyone who still use MDP get a “account validation failed” message? I have this error message right after I have my mt4 restarted.

After more than 2 years from the time MDP came to the market, I still do not understand if it works on Real accounts or not. and if yes, on which broker…
anyone can post positive results on real account?

It really sounds good but what is the strategy behind this huge success rate? I have been in this market for very long period of time i heard this type of news a lots but i don’t know, fortunately or unfortunately i never saw a single guy in my practical life who have those types of success story. But anyway, it sounds miracle and thanks for sharing!

One of the biggest problem with the “Most popular retail Expert advisers” is that these EAs tries to open the same trade on the client accounts at once… There only limited amount of liquidity available at any given point before slippage occurs. And EAs like MDP which opens and closes trades in a matter of few seconds to few minutes, if the end user is using a crap broker; chances of making money becomes very slim if you combines the spread + Commission + Slippage…

guys, here my ea similar to mdp strategy as enclose. critics are welcome. :slight_smile:

I bought this and struggled for more than 30 days to get it working on a preffered platform( does not work on Win 8.0), preffered service provider with spread <2.0. After installed and working I waited 2 weeks with no trading. The robot indicated everything was fine and no errors, I also checked with the supplier of the product. After the two weeks I requested my refund just to hear that I missed the 30 day refund policy period. In my opinion this is just another one of those internet sales products not delivering ANYTHING that was propagated on the web site.
I would strongly not recommend this product. Please check with your service provider, there are many free EA’s providing at least trading and positive growth. Also check the mql4 site for recommended EA’s. I would like to emphisize that I strongly do recommend M$PIPS.

Hmm…any others?

From everything that I’ve read and studied (which is voluminous) MDP requires the following to be profitable: 1. ECN/NDD Broker with spreads lower than 1 pip. 2. Broker with extremely small slippage ie) lower than .5 pips. 3. A VPS with extremely low latency–preferably under 20ms, but best if under 5ms. I have just installed MDP on a live account with all of the above conditions met. I will post the results as I go along. Happy trading!

Hi Guys,

i have donwloaded a MDP and instaled it to all my MT4 platforms but it wont appear in any of them in EAs. Do you have any idea what might be wrong?

Step by step process if you need to transfer your EAs from older build to build 600.
It should have been done automatically when MT4 is auto-updated. If it does not work or if you have clean build 600 installation and need to get your EAs working do this.

1. run MT4, check the build you have - Help|About. If you have build 600 continue.
  2. go to File|Open Data Folder - new explorer window opens. URL will look like this
    C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\ABBC7AE53346DC8D3872BACCD5AE2F39.
    Keep that window opened.
  3. Open the location where are your EAs stored - usually c:\Program Files (x86)\MetaTrader 4\Experts
    Copy the whole structure of folder 'experts’to location in step#2

Example for particular EA
go to c:\Program Files (x86)\MetaTrader 4\Experts\
copy Myfxbook.ex4 file
open location from step #2
paste to folder Experts

go to c:\Program Files (x86)\MetaTrader 4\Experts\libraries
copy MyfxbookEA.dll
open location from step #2
paste to folder Libraries

I use MDP since the startup. After testing a lot of brokers I can definately say, that this EA works but it depends very much of the broker you use. And even if you find a good broker there are times with drawdowns. This makes it hard to stick to the MDP.

You see in the first graph a long term life trade at broker A. The second chart demonstrates the different behaviour to different brokers. All were traded life with the same settings and from the same VPS. The time perios was from October 29 2013 until today. You see, that the EA traded less and with terrible results at broker C.

Are you guys still using it?

Nothing? Not wokring anymore?

MDP still works, but it needs a highly volatile FX market to make big profits. Again, you need the right broker/vps set up to take advantage of this when volatility returns (which it inevitably will). Traders that are successful with this EA keep their broker/vps confidential. They don’t want other traders overloading their broker, and thus spoiling their profits. If you can find a broker with minimal spreads, fast execution, and a vps with low latency to your broker, you will succeed with Million Dollar Pips. Good luck!

Works fine to me.