Minimum Amount To Open First Account Too High!

Hi, I could suggest opening a trades account trading Binary Options

That’s true but also a bit misleading. That figure is what the best managers make for their clients in restricted client accounts. Many of the top managers make much more than 30% per year in their personal accounts where they are allowed to use more leverage and do so because they have complete trust in their systems. For example, hedge fund manager Jaffray Woodriff (of Hedge Fund Market Wizards) has averaged around 118% per year in his personal account for over 11 years.

That is pretty much the plan although I will most likely start with $500 because that is what I have been practicing with on MT4.

I am nowhere near being good enough for a real account although I would like to experience the psychological side of things to see if I am the sort of person who would stress out a lot.

Right now I am playing with dummy money so there is no real stress when I lose a few bucks.

Yeh, I have my eye on a few brokers who allow micro accounts. When I am ready to open a real account that is what I will do.

I agree, the last thing I want to do with my first real account is blow it up before I even get a chance to learn anything. So paper trading…would that include practicing on a demo account?

I looked up “paper trading” in Google and it mentions trading simulators.

So far for the past couple of months I have been practicing with a $500 demo account. I trade as though I am trading with my own real money.

Most trades are 0.01 and the most I have tried is 0.03 although I scalped that trade.
I know it is a good idea to get a feel for one currency and stick to it but I want to practice so I place a few trades on various currencies.

I am learning to understand the candle styles and a couple of indicators and then using all that information to make a decision.

I am still not 100% sure of what I am doing…some i gain and some I lose.
My highest gain was with EURGBP for a three day trade. I made $5.29 - $0.01. I set a trailing stop with that. I like using trailing stops but I am not sure I have got the hang of using them correctly yet.

Of course, after the $5.29 gain I lost the odd few cents and dollars in other trades and ended up breaking even!

Now I see the importance of money management.

How long have you been trading? I’d advise getting at least three profitable months IN A ROW in demo (no cheating!) before going to real cash. Every successful trader I know crashed and burned at least once before getting their trading legs under them. Many several times. If it’s probably going to happen, have it happen in demo and save your capital for real trading after the market has given you a few scars. It might happen a few times. It did for me.

I have had a demo account for around 2 months.
I agree…I don’t plan on getting a real account set up just yet. I have a lot to learn yet and need a lot of practice.