Multi-Time Frame Trend Trading

Here are my comments on your analysis:

USD/CHF
Monthly, there is long engulfing pattern in the end of 2009,
Price still below MBB. It looks like PA is going up, but PA is kind flatly a bit - Agreed

Weekly uptrend, down trendline that that runs from march 2009 has been broken in Junyary.- Agreed, good catch of that broken downtrend line

is daily chart flat? There is current extreme retracement candle. – close to flat, a very slight uptrend

4H, uptrend, PA is below MBB –yes, if PA crosses to the bottom bb, we may have a retracement against the trend. Usually the kind of entry we look for. Put a watch on this.

1H – downtrend, BB is shaped as sausage-PA just pulled off bottom bb. Contraction of upper BB. 4H in uptrend above so ok to trade by all rules. Note lower trends also in uptrend, so uptrends all around, which is also good. THIS IS AN ENTRY!! So drop down to 5M, if it is falling let it fall until it bounces off the bottom BB. Check if the 10M or 15M is falling, if so, wait till it turns up to enter. If not, enter.

30M uptrend, BB sausage, Price is above MBB-Agreed
10M, uptrend, the price is in BBe squeeze-Agreed

It is slippery.

USD/CAD
Difficult for me to say is it uptrend or downtrend? But the PA is going down. And pulling MBB down,- yes, with strong PA down, I’d call it a downtrend.
Weekly is in strong downtrend-yes
Daily downtrend but its possible PA reversal –with downtrends above and below, reversal unlikely

4H, downtrend, PA below MBB PA -yes

1H PA is in the squeeze BB, below MBB, extreme candle produced CBL line for short-for sure we want to go short, but no good entry yet.
30M, Difficult for me to say. is it uptrend or downtrend? –flat trend with strong down PA
10M downtrend, PA below MBB
we can go short
Well, everything is down. We want to get in on this with a short. But I don’t see a good entry. We will wait patiently for at least a 5M retracement entry. Flag this one for watch,
EUR/JPY
See my previous comments on this one. That 1H chart BB prevents a comfortable up entry. If it weren’t for the up trends above and below, this would be a perfect Tymen BB DNA down entry. I won’t trade against Tymen on this one. I’ll wait for that 1H chart to change shape or confirmation of down entry on lower TF’s, mainly the 15M chart.
Montlhy downtrend,
Weekly, downtrend down trend line that that runs from October 2009 hasnt been broken yet.
There is uptrend on daily chart since march 2010 and the price is in Symmetrical Triangle
4H: uptrend, we have extreme candle and good chance for the price retracement.

1Н uptrend, opposite BB contracts,
30 Min chart is in strong uptrend.
I wouldnt trade this pair

GBP/JPY
Montly downtrend, there is PA retracement
Weekly, I drew downtrend line that has been run from august 2009, it has been broken 3-4 weeks ago.
Daily chart: PA is continue to rise after 50% of retracement.
4H: PA is very closed (like 50 pips) to the Resistant line
1H, 30M: there is strong uptrend,
15 Min : PA in BB squeeze, its where the trend usually starts. The problem is will it go for retracement or it will continue to rise.
I would definitely choose this pair to trade long today.-Maybe, but look at the 1H chart PA pulling away from upper BB, lower BB contracting. If this is just a retracement, it’s good entry, but wait to make sure it’s not O-O Top BB to bottom BB action that would stop you out. Agreed that 15M chart will tell you first so watch that to signal a trade.

EUR/GBP
Monthly: uptrend, but currently PA on its way down
Weekly: PA close to support line. MBB is going down
Daily: I can see long engulfing pattern, that formed last Friday/
4H, H1: PA bounced off the Resistant line, MBB is going down
15M:MBB is going down, PA is below MBB, I’ll wait to enter short or long until
resistant level 0.8695 or support level 0.8715 is broken-It’s one of those messy cross pairs. We have an entry short here on the 1H chart, but the SL is too wide. Wait for a break down on the M15 and enter short out of a M15 squeeze.

If there are no questions I’ll gather up our results and complete analysis of any remainders. If one of mine looks odd, please point it out. After all, two heads are better than one :):stuck_out_tongue:

Here’s the wrapped up results of our analysis. We analyzed 8 pairs. I have two more to go, which I’ll do on the fly like I usually do every morning. Note the entries.

EUR/JPY-Messy Cross, 1H Tymen short, Surrounding Trends-weak up, take break out of M15 down or wait for 1H pattern to change. Watch for cleaner trade set-up

W-USD/CHF-H1 in long entry pattern, surrounding trends-H4 up, but falling PA-30M down and rising PA, watch M15 and below for long breakout entry.

*USD/CAD-Everything down. Wait for M5 retracement at least for short entry

W-GBP/JPY- H1 Looks like retracement from up trend. Surrounding trends, up. Take breakout up off M15 for tight stop breakout off squeeze

W-EUR/GBP-Waiting for break down and enter short out of M15 squeeze.

EUR/USD-Messy pair, needs big 4H move up or down to enter

*GBP/USD-Good Long, look for at least M5 retracement for entry

**USD/JPY-All Good Long. Enter off any retracement

So, we have three good for entry off retracement and three on watch list. Your traders journal should have notes something like this :slight_smile:

1 Like

I agree with those biases. Nice to have knowledgeable traders like you around Graviton!

And here are the final two. Two more possible entries. That gives us 5 possible entries and 3 on the watch list. 2 are messy no-trades. The only one you could pretty much enter from anywhere was USDJPY, which I just did!

*AUD/USD - Very long term up, opened today down, Trends H4-down, H1-Flat, 15M-Up, enter down w/ tight stop off M15 BB Bounce

*EUR/CHF - Very long term down, daily-squeeze flat, H4-flat BB DNA entry down, H1-up, 30M-flat,15m-down, M5-up, take H4 BB DNA entry down as soon as M5 retracement completes.

That completes this exercise. If you have any questions I’ll try to answer them. If you have set up a demo account, try it out now to get some practice.

Tomorrow morning, and every trading morning, I will do this all over again for my account. After just a few days of demo you should see if this is working for you or not.

Happy Trading

Thanks. Well, the way this works, if we only get 3 out of 5 entries with nice long trends, we’ll make really good pips. Even 2 will do quite well. The more practice, the easier and better the analysis. The better the analysis, the more pips :smiley:

Ok, finally had a chance to give this thread the attention it deserves. Some excellent information here, I have to say. I can actually feel my understanding of the market increase.

What is of real benefit is that you have outlined not so much a system, but more a routemap to trend identification, that when coupled with the BB CBL has real potential should a trade be caught right.

I’m looking forward to market open so I can see where this goes, and if nothign else comes from this, following your daily routine can only set me in good stead when considering trades.

Cheers boss!

Cord

Great! This works best when London or London + New York are trading. Not so good in slower markets as there is just not the volatility to hit profit targets.

Happy Trading

1 Like

Hi I’m a new poster to these forums but have been lurking for a while as I get to know Forex and learn the basic’s for Forex Trading. I want to say this is a great Thread that I will be watching along with Tymen’s thread (I understand it is not for beginners, but the information in there is great).

I must apologize upfront for not being able to contribute much to the conversation but hopefully these techniques and golden nuggets of knowledge sink-in somewhat to help me being my trading career. Thank you for your clear definition and setups Graviton, both here and in the other thread have been emensly helpful in starting to learn and master.

Good morning Graviton,

you has commented every single line of my analysis! thank you thank you

I had to put sticks into my eyes to stay any longer with you yesterday night
But I may consider to buy some as a trader’s equipment :smiley:

Was some good information.

Will there be live charts and before/after results?

Would be nice to confirm all these strategies, in semi-real time.

Its a nice way to get rid of all the questions also.

Bagging pips in no time.

Red

I have entered USD/CHF long at 1.0724, SL at 1.0710

Hi Rena, that looks like a great entry in terms of buying low.

Is that entry based off the M15 chart? I’ve just had a quick scan through the USD/CHF charts and that does seem like a great spot to enter.

You might be on the back of a fun ride here…:slight_smile:

1 Like

Although saying that, Giving the charts a proper inspection I can’t see any TF where the BB CBL entry method would have been activated.

Did you use another entry method, or have I missed a TF where it strikes?

Cord

Hi cordite,
PA bounced off monthly SR I made an entry based off the M1 and High Volume Bar

here is my second long entry
EUR/USD at 1.3306, SL at 1.3280

Looks like … its my tip to market :smiley:

Ah, gotcha.

oh, may be not thanks to 4H SR