MY TRADING JOURNAL - Range Filters on EUR/USD

April has started off the way I like it…

Long at 1.5617

Profit hit at 1.5587

Today +30
MTD +30

[Please don’t trade off of the inputs I enter here (as they will be old news by the time i post it). At some point I will setup a desktop sharing program for those interested in following it live]

“Hypothetical performance results have many inherent limitations. No representation is being made that any account will or is likely to achieve profits or losses similar to those shown. In fact, there are frequently sharp differences between hypothetical performance results and the actual results subsequently achieved by any particularly trading program. One of the limitations of hypothetical performance results is that they are generally prepared with the benefit of hindsight. In addition, hypothetical trading does not involve financial risk. Variables such as the ability to adhere to a particular trading program in spite of trading losses as well as maintaining adequate liquidity are material points which can adversely affect actual real trading results.”

930 Signal…

Long at 1.5600

Profit hit at 1.5630

Today +30
MTD +60

[Please don’t trade off of the inputs I enter here (as they will be old news by the time i post it). At some point I will setup a desktop sharing program for those interested in following it live]

“Hypothetical performance results have many inherent limitations. No representation is being made that any account will or is likely to achieve profits or losses similar to those shown. In fact, there are frequently sharp differences between hypothetical performance results and the actual results subsequently achieved by any particularly trading program. One of the limitations of hypothetical performance results is that they are generally prepared with the benefit of hindsight. In addition, hypothetical trading does not involve financial risk. Variables such as the ability to adhere to a particular trading program in spite of trading losses as well as maintaining adequate liquidity are material points which can adversely affect actual real trading results.”

930 Signal…

Short at 1.5606

Profit hit at 1.5576

Today +30
MTD +90

930 signal… almost hit profit target. Was about 2-3 pips away. Let’s see if can go back up.

Long at 1.5725

Closed position at end of day at 1.531.

Today +6
MTD +96

[B]Seem’s your strategy work’s on just Euro/Usd… No other pair you trade???
Well I trade on any pair but i really like to trade G/J , G/U , E/J , U/J …
But my entry is based on trading apportunity on any pair …:smiley: [/B]
[B]GoodLuck …
PipHacker!!![/B]

actually i’m not sure… i’ve always tested it on eurusd and its worked fine, so i just kept it that way. i’ll play around with and see. thx.

930 signal…

Short at 1.5715

Closed at 1.5711

Today +4
MTD +100

[B]
Nothing is batter than that if ur strategy is working for… Dosen’t matter even a single pair…:slight_smile:
Anyway’s GoodLuck…:wink:
PipHacker…:smiley: [/B]

930 signal…

Long at 1.5699

Profit hit at 1.5729

OMG!!! eurusd hit 1.5728/2 on FXCM. I thought for sure it was going to take my limit out, but it didn’t. Still holding it. Let’s see if it can crawl back.

Made it back up after 2pm after FOMC minutes released.

Today +30
MTD +130

930 signal…

Long at 1.5753

Profit hit at 1.5783

Today +30
MTD +160

930 signal…

Short at 1.5840

Profit Target hit at 1.5810

Almost got stopped soon after entry since eurusd rallied, but then reversed nicely and almost hit profit target when eurusd hit around 1.512/13. Still in trade. Let’s see how it plays out.

Patience is a virtue i guess… usd rallied again and hit my profit target at around 10:53am.

Today +30
MTD +190 :smiley:

930 signal…

Long at 1.5823

Profit Target at 1.5838

Kind of got a mixed signal, but went with the long. Let’s see how it plays out. Initially went up about 15 pips but I didnt get out. If I see 15+ pips today I might take it and call it a day.

Got my 15 pip profit when eurusd broker 5min trendline on the upside. As i mentioned before, it was a mixed signal day and just happy to get a profit out of it. I’m seeing another resistance around mid 40’s so I just decided to get out.

Today +15
MTD +205

930 signal…

Long at 1.5832

Stopped at 1.5807

Today -25
MTD +180

930 signal…

Long at 1.5791
Exited at 1.5800

I got a long entry at US market open but seeing 5min resistance right above 1.5800 and at around 1.5810 or so on the 15min chart. Decided to take quick 9 pips at open. Will jump back in if EURUSD can break that resistance and go long.

Long at 1.5807
Stopped at 1.5782

Today -16
MTD +164

[B]Im Afraid Going Long now on E/U rightnow is not much feasible…
As did u see the 4-Hour chart of Euro/Usd…?
Seem’s like it break the lower line of trendline maybe after little bullish movement it will show bearish movement:eek:
But GoodLuck!!!
PipHacker!!!:smiley: [/B]

Hmmm… yea. I went long. Lets see. I’m only looking for 1.5828. Trying to get 30 pips for the day. I’m only seeing resistance on the 15min and 5min at over 1.5830.

Wish me luck!

Hey GoodLuck Budd!!!:cool:
Actually I was saying this because see the 4-Hour screenshot, Seem’s trend is down… Though i didnt enter in E/U as already Lock My Pip’s…But wish you best of Luck again as you got the gut’s:cool:
PipHacker!!!:smiley:

Hi Uptick!!!
Well see it happened same as i was expected… The main trend was bearish…I said in my previous post that maybe it will show little bullish movement but after that it will remain’s bearish and see the screenshot it did showed some good bearish movement…-40 Pip’s down after your long entry…
You are lucky if you exit with just 9/10 Pip’s in your favour…For more see my both posted screenshot’s in your thread…
PipHacker!!!:smiley:

YEA!!! i got 9 initially since i saw some resistance after my entry, but then decided to go back in after the resistance was broken. But it didnt follow through. No big deal… tomorrows another day!

good luck!

Now seem’s you may go long in E/U at 1.5762 as other condition’s are in a favour + reversal candle is appeared in a 30- Minutes chart but it’s a dead market now as you know it’s clearly is a closing session:)
PipHacker!!!:slight_smile:

Hey Uptick I have added new screenshot in my this post…Check it out … Tomorrow nite i said you to go long at 1.5762 now today morning see the situation …E/U Move up for almost +42 Pip’s… Though i dont trade on closing session but it was a very good move by E/U…
PipHacker!!!:slight_smile: