Noob Question(s)

well i read there is a buy cfd and a sell cfd (so are you exchanging the buy cfd for the sell cfd?) …i tought the betting model applies only to dealing desks…and on ecn you actually do trade something…i mean if you don’t trade anything why is it still called trading? also i was reffering to buying euro/usd…leverage i find is irrelevant in this discussion

Market Makers, Dealing Desks, Bucket shops… that’s how we as retail traders access the market, hence this would have been explained in the “Who is the Counterparty” thread…

1 Like

well someone said there are true ECN-s and was reffering to how trading works there…i understand how dealing desk work, they just calculate the difference but i understood that with ecns you do actually trade something, or am i wrong? I was referring to true ECN-s that somebody in the thread said do exist, I tought the hole point of it is that you DO actually trade with other people

I’ll PM you… the eerie stillness is a little unsettling… I can sense the hyena’s circling…

1 Like

well mate, CLEARLY YOU ARE NOT, that’s one thing to consider
now consider this… since you are not stupid, you have to understand this

• Stupid people are stupid enough to do it , and… at a time WHEN THEY BELIEVE the trade will go in their favour.

• However, you are now trying to understand THE LOGIC BEHIND IT, when there is none.
    so… don’t try to understand it
    Just Accept that Stupid people are stupid
    and Smart people are smart
    and the stupid people will fund the future’s of the smart people

this will save you a world of headaches. You just need to accept there are plethora or really really dumb people out there
i mean some people think that they can start with $50 and earn $900 a day (this should say it all)

there are people that get told they can buy a bot, have no knowledge of trading, not need to lift a finger more or less and be wealthy beyond their wildest dreams within a month.
Fact is… the More ridiculous these claims get, the More it proves to us how really dumb and retarded some people are, and it is these people that take the other side of the trade.

Now there are some people that are not completely retarded and take the other side, but the difference between them and the stupid people is… they quickly learn it’s the wrong thing to do .
the stupid people are the ones that continue to do it regradless of continued loss

but stupid or smart or whatever
the reason why a person does this is… THEY BELIEVE WITH ALL THEIR HEART THAT THEY WILL PROFIT FROM DOING SO… simple as that.

1 Like

i understand that dealing desks just calculate the difference of profit or loss on your “trade”…but Best ECN / STP Forex Brokers - As Preferred By Traders " STP / ECN brokerage doesn’t interfere with a trader’s order but simply place the trade with a counter party. " this would suggest that you in fact are trading something with someone with the “true” stp/ecn guys so how does it work? are you trading real money with stp/ecns ore are they all just dealing desks? also if you are trading with someone, I repeat my question

I’ve bought 10 000 euros at 12 000 dollars initially than the quote moved up to 12010…so I decided to sell in exchange for 10 008.3 euro (or something like that)…the person that buys now because he/she thinks it’s a good idea…probably does so at 10 000 not 10 008…so how do I get my 8 euro?

also in the link it says " if one trader using the ECN wants to go long, the brokerage can often match the order with another trader who wants to go short. "

on further reading " Most liquidity providers incorporate a ‘last look’ feature on every trade which allows the provider a final confirmation of the trade terms before making the decision to accept or reject the order." so I guess your trade is squared off against a larger trade of the liquidity provider and he can accept your part of the trade …and the liquidity provider closes SOME of his position, if he choses to do so…

so one one hand you could get paired up with another trader (who may be more stupid or not) and this can work only if he is happening to trade the exact value you are trading but in the other currency witch would be very rare and highly Improbable

either you are passed on to the liquidity provider who trades a much larger size than you and can accept to close his position partially against your…but if your trade is a winner…and the liquidity is all that smart (the smart money right) why would he?

I still can’t understand how true liquidity is provided in the “true” ecn/stp because there are only to possibilities when you are on a winning trade

a) the other party is a lesser trader , than you could get paid but what are the chances both of you are trading the same value after price variation for both of you…(highly improbable like I’ve discussed already why in a previous post)

b) the other party is a SMART liquidity provider , a bank , hedge fund etc that is trading a much large sum and can accept to partially close his position …but if you are on the winning side and he is a smart bank/hedge fund why would he

heither a nor b is possible

so I read a uptrend is drawn thorugh valleys (support) and an downtrend is drawn through peaks (resistance)

but can a uptrend be drawn through peaks (resistance) and also a downtrend be drawn through valleys ( support)?

you don’t draw them THROUGH anything.
you either draw them ABOVE or BELOW, but not THROUGH (at least not from a basic understanding of them)

if it’s going up, you’ll usually draw a trend line BELOW

if it’s going down you’ll usually draw it ABOVE
but it also depends on what you are measuring as well,

you can have times when it’s going down and you draw the trend line Above
of Above and Below

but usually for UP it’s below
and Down it’s above

it’s usually the opposite of the trend

what is more reliable a trend line (upword) at the valleys or a trend line (upword) at the peaks?

I guess the response would reflect the same reality for trend lines (downward)

p.s.: I see a lot of physicists becoming quants…does the market respect any laws of physics(it evidently respects mathematical, economical and psychological laws, also it respects mostly it’s own “Artificial” laws) but does it (the market) also imitate any of the states of aggregations, act under any laws of physics (too) like fluid dynamics …or being a physician with a phd just suggest very good intelligence and that’s the reason they like physicists?

let me answer this in reverse

as an Engineer , i would love it if laws of physics were respected, the sad fact is… Physics is not respected in trading.
beyond the fact that your computer uses electricity, Physics is not respected

Trading Respects Economic forces, not physical forces

as for Mathematics, No, Maths is not respected either.
Maths is something we use to QUANTIFY what is happening in trading.
math is respecting trading
trading is not respecting math

it’s like that movie a beautiful mind, and Russell wrote a math formula to describe the pattern movement of the pigeons .
do the pigeons care about math… No
but math was used to quantify and describe their pattern of movement… same thing here.

sadly math and physics and all that stuff we love doesn’t apply here directly
i would love to apply Ohms Law to Trading hehe that would be cool
or use the formula to calculate wavelength based on the frequency of candles and therefore PINPOINT with Ninja Accuracy when the elliott waves will occur, SADLY THAT DOESN’T HAPPEN , what can you do ?

japanase candlesticks don’t illustrate price history perfectly , for example white marubozu shows the open is somewhere “below” and the the close is somewhere “above” but price could have gone up (reaching below or exactly to the final close) down(to the open) up down up down up down 99 times (just an exaggeration to make a point) and finally close up (beyond the open and also at it’s maximum) and while this DOES show more buying pressure than selling pressure if it went up down for 99 times it’s more buying than selling just by 2 % …but it’s illustration (and final pictogram witch is what we are looking at when looking at charts of the past) hints that it’s way more bullish than bearish, but like I said , it could be just by 2 % percent(more buying than selling) and that would actually mean indecision in reality indecision not stong bullish (because it’s more bullish by just 2)% the ratio of bullish to bearish being 51 to 49)

…so itcould lead to confusion making a time frame look alot more bullish… and actually be indecision for example (explanation above)

by extrapolation this could be the case in other candle types also!!

about white marobozu "This is a very bullish candle as it shows that buyers were in control the entire session."this could not be the case as I have shown above

P.S.: maybe in practice they don’t fluctuate as much and are thus somewhat more reliable…please participate and give your ideeas

just reading this makes me think are you really into trading or do you want to put a brokerage company?

fx is almost a trillion dollars something worth of liquidity so theres always someone who is willing to buy or sell a pair even though it is 10, 50, or even a 1000 pip higher or lower than what you want to offer it. simply because every trader or person on the other side of the trade thinks differently. maybe he / she is thinking that this pair still have some pips to offer.

there’s billions of strategies to earn money also billions of trades entering and exiting in every pip or pair. this guys are helping you and answering all your queries but it seems to me you are not willing to accept any of their explanation as if you already formulated some conclusion on your mind and you only want to confirm it thru others.

nobody knows who are you trading to.whether if it is your broker, the guy next to you at a cafeteria or another guy in africa or japan?

i really find it weird why you are putting more emphasis on the technical side of trading on how things works. maybe the solution is for you is to go to the main office of some broker and talk to the guys behind the IT, engineering or whatever department that are facilitating these trades.

still at the end of the day the only question is did you make money or lose money?

just asking out of curiosity…also am not waiting for a super specific answer like " the guy next to you at a cafeteria or another guy in africa or japan? " but was just looking for a general expalantion (model) of the mechanics and variations may of course occur.

I don’t have a preconceived answer and trying to get confirmation , was just doing research witch brings me to the more practical reason I asked what I asked witch is

…some people believe there isn’t something like a true ecn /stp…opinions differ on this subject,so I was tryng to gauge the forum’s opinion on this…this matters for a number of reasons (the reliability of the system) mainly if I a willing to put my real money up the line.

anyway I got plenty of answer and am mostly satisfied

@Trendswithbenefits
@anon81929759
@paupaudecarabao

HE DOESN’T EVEN TRADE A DEMO ACCOUNT MATE - [Removed for Forums Policy violation]

sure man, i’m a troll, not trying to get information… and btw I have in fact opened a demo account at your suggestions. but I don’t get why you are upset(firstly, nobody is making you read this thread or respond to my posts! just go out and read another thread), sure profit is the most important thing in this business but knowing how reliable the brokerage system is especially in a very predatorial and scam infested industry is very important…some people advocate most brokerage firms the dealing desk ones manipulate price (spikes, slippage that is not in your favour, delays etc) so that the trader loses more money than wins because the brokeraje takes it (this is even what is said in that video you suggested to me by Anton Krill) or that your wins become lower and your losses higher …some says they are mostly hybrid brokers and have a book and a book (for wins and losses)…some people say true ecn stp is the way to go and they are the “good guys” (but this may just be marketing, witch brings me to…)…other people say they are all just price manipulating dealing desk bucket shops that are about taking your money…even the ones that claim they are true ecn/stp …so what the feckk should one believe? I was asking how it works because this clears up somewhat if I should trust them or not (but the opinions are very different)

I am just reading through baby pips school and putting out questions at the moment they arise…when should I put them AFTER A YEAR AFTER I LOSE ALL MY MONEY?

anyway I feel you are just cherrypicking what I am saying and critiquing me and calling me a troll, and calling my content garbage… when in fact I am tackling multiple subjects (that are correlated) and that if understood can clearify some questions, multiple ones, and give a broader, clearer view of the system…

Then start asking sensible questions - instead of this assinine garbage !

[ interesting to see how you have edited your post after I quoted it [EDit - in full] - [Removed for Forums Policy violation] ]

name calling, now that is very mature…

Goodnight - [Removed for Forums Policy violation]

You are under observation !

i assume you are reading quite a lot of feed back from other traders on some broker they choose.
, if you just gave them $500 you will have unlimited supply of money.most of them were promise of millions after only three months of using their system or using their strategy.

do you recognize a pattern about these post or comments? these are the guys who went straight into trading live or spent three months and decided he’s going to take live so that all of his hardwork will come to fruition as fast as possible. then they make a bet with a leverage of 1:100 with 5 lots and 100 pips of stop loss with a strategy of hoping that some miracle will happen and they will multiply their accounts in one day or few weeks. then BANG! a news came out and the trade went against them.

then they will post on some forum that this market is a scam that no one really profits from it. or ther’s no way to earn even a dollar withour expending $10.

i really am cringing on the fact that you are asking irelevant questions. sorry sir but all of the newbies will ask “how can i make money” “Does this strategy work?” how can i not feel anything on a losing trade" and the classic “what is a pip?”