Oanda Brokers - Beware

All MM do that, and Oanda is a big one, they even say so, read the entire website. MM is for swing and position/carry traders, daytrading and scalping with an stp and below will eat you alive. I am with IBFX wich is STP + MM and i am doing good because i am not a daytrader, if i would become one, this broker would eat my acc.

Regards.

I am using a ECN Broker now, and haven’t had any of the dirty tricks Oanda played several times on my account. Oanda wasn’t fair or transparent for me. If traders google ‘Oanda reviews’ and read through most of the recent reviews you will see that they are upto tricks, here are a few for you to read, as I say, don’t take my word for it, make your own mind up and read other peoples reviews also, here are some links and [B]Oanda Review Quote[/B]:

[B]Oanda Review Quote[/B][I]This is the second time in two weeks that their server has been down and both times my orders were not filled because their servers were down. When trying to get them to at least accept responsibility for their error they dismissed my claim. The last time they went down ( a few hours ago) I put in an order for 27k, the dollar I was selling went down over 60 pips, and falling. I would have made a killing but the live help told me they will not honour my order, as did their phone help, as did their Supervisor. I researched which broker to use very carefully and if not for these two server down errors (the first time it was down for three hours) I would recommend them. But their attitude when they make a mistake is very poor. I am pulling my account and would suggest anyone thinking about investing with them very seriously. Read their forum on problems with connections, it speaks for itself.[/I]
[I]

[B]Oanda Review Quote[/B]I have used Oanda when I was still beginning in Forex trading and from my experience, their platform often hangs and their spread are bigger compared to what I am using now.

[B]Oanda Review Quote[/B]Been trading for 4 yrs now, During a search for a new and better broker i decided to register with OANDA, Great mistake, system keeps crashing all the time, not reliable at all. Another concern was unethical behavior, During a trade while the market was moving in my direction i saw a flash on my screen and the profits turned into losses, the one thing i can’ t understand is that while the market kept going in my direction (a short position) the mt4 platform was indicating i was loosing. I contacted support and explained to them the situation and told them the position is still open, they ask me to wait, while waiting the position closed like 75 pips in my direction and it was indication it was a loosing trade, they said it hit my S/L, Yea right, 75 pips away. I even saved a copy of my position showing the trend wen it was in my favor and the profit and loss was indicating LOSS. stay away people from OANDA , base on my experience they are unethical… [/I]

OANDA | Oanda.com reviews and ratings by Forex Peace Army

OANDA reviews

Forex Justice - Oanda

OANDA Forex Broker, OANDA Review, OANDA Information

[B]Oanda Review Quote[/B] [I] It seems Oanda is now playing its dirty games. All was fine when I was losing but when I started profiting and going in the green, all sorts of problems started to pop-up, from disconnection problems, lags and the clincher of it all, slippage. It seems the server knew all to well from what time I would usually open a trade and when I would close them. I had no problems logging in from the wee hours of the morning but it would suddenly disconnect me whenever I would log-in from noon to evening.

I had high hopes for OANDA, but it seems they’re no different from any other bucketshop. Good riddance, I am taking my money for good and closing my account if this continues. No person in his right mind would continue trading with this kind of obvious scamming and performance. [/I]

[B]Oanda Review Quote[/B][I] from last week Oanda keep locked my expert advisor with great latency and requotes ea calculate this and I’ve the screenshots with latency and requotes[/I]

Honestly, I see no reason why this broker should not get sued or reported to the regulators at the very least. This is not the first instance of Oanda trying to pull a fast one…

[B]Quotes from Review:[/B] [I]Hello, I have experienced frequent service interruptions trading with Oanda for the past year. Also, I have experienced several price spikes and tripped stop losses. After numerous incidents I decided to look on the BBB web site to see if any complaints have been filed. A couple complaints have been filed[/I]

[B]Quotes from Review:[/B][I]I have been with Oanda for about a year. Oanda is a market maker so they actively trade against there customers. They actively hunt stop losses. Oanda’s trading platform freezes often. I have lost my connection to my trading account while trading and they told me that I was having internet connectivity problems even though I could get to other web sites and log in to my email without a problem. They also did not know that I used to be a network administrator before telling me that I was having internet connectivity problems. Oanda is a highly manipulated environment. The correct term for this type of broker is a “Bucket Shop”[/I]

[B]Quotes from Review:[/B][I]They USED to be good. As of late they have deteriorated. In my opinion they have fallen out of the upper class of market maker brokers. Their spreads are almost never below 1.2 on EUR/USD and they have recently adjusted their interest payout/charges. As you can imagine, not in the traders favor. I recommend at this point to consider other brokers. There are several that are better right now.[/I]

I think someone should file a complaint against this broker with the regulator…ASAP.

Well to me all these complains are shocking. I’ve been using OANDA for 7 years now and have no problems at all. It is true though that sometimes their Java appl stops but I can always reconnect from the platform easyly. On the other hand I am not a day trader and I don’t use stop-loss so I don’t really got stopped out by them, but only by the market or myself in profit. Through them I have learned to be patient and very diligent which is the essence of a successful trader. To me they are #1! All traders out there should know that when they use stop-loss they are no longer in control of their trades. Brokers can widen spreads any time and that wide spread will knock their stops out. So when some say that they are treated better at other brokers it is only because that broker didn’t at that time frame “yet” or not at all “yet” applied the wide spread trick. But in time greed kills the good will and they will apply it. They also might not applied it yet because at first they need lots of clients. I think the problem is mostly that many novice and even older traders are way too eager to trade every hour or minute of the day, because they want to suddenly get rich over night. Well, it doesn’t work that way. Instead one should think totally differently. Like, what if I make 1 or 2 percent a month on my invested money?! It is still a lot more then I would get in the bank and covers inflation, too. Remember we can all blame others for our actions but truly the problems rely within us. I know this because I used to do the same, blame the brokers instead looking into myself, my problem. Remember: “If you change the way you look at things, the way you look at things will change!”

Sent from my iPhone using BabyPips

ECN brokers are the most free market breed of broker. They do not have a dealing desk that can be manipulated. ECN brokers want you to be successful because they make money when you make money. [B]Oanda makes money when you lose.[/B] As time moves forward traders will opt for ECN brokers and [B]market makers will go bust.[/B]

I find your statement wrong! Brokers make money wether u make money or not, because they make money from the spread. So in fact the more u are on the market, the higher is the probability of u making trades, which brings bucks into their pocketts… In my opinion all these negative dogmas about OANDA are out there mainly because the broker firm came out first among all the others because it has the most profitable accounts. And of course other brokerage firms, such as FXCM don’t like that…

[B]Review Quote [/B]'Just when you have made some money Oanda’s screens will start freezing up.

You will try to close a position and there will be no response from pusing the button. You will try and try. Then you will get disconnected from your account.

You many or may not be able to log in. With my account the charts would freeze up and the data would be matched up with the wrong chart.

Happened MULTIPLE TIMES EACH DAY!!!
They will then tell you it is ONLY YOU.

I could not place trades at critical times as the data and the chart did not match up. I could not see the 5 sec or 10 sec or 30 sec or 1 min screens. The only screens that were operable were 15 minute or 30 minute.

The thing is the Oanda people act professional. But if you ask them pointed questions they will always manage to change the subject.

You will never get your money back becuase they will tell you you have a bad internet connection even when you can access every other account on your computer EXCEPT YOUR ACCOUNT AT OANDA.

Do no give them ANY MONEY. READ THE REVIEWS ON THE INTERNET. THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO WOULD STAY WITH OANDA TO NOT TRADE. THEY JUST LET THEIR MONEY SIT IN THE ACCOUTN SO THEY HAVE FOREIGN EXCHANGE.

OANDA WILL EAT YOUR MONEY. THEY CAN KEEP YOU FROM GETTING INTO YOUR ACCOUNT AT KEY TIMES. READ THE REVIEWS.’

Oanda Reviews | Forex Trading Broker

[B]Review Quote [/B] ‘Hello, I have experienced frequent service interruptions trading with Oanda for the past year. Also, I have experienced several price spikes and tripped stop losses. After numerous incidents I decided to look on the BBB web site to see if any complaints have been filed. A couple complaints have been filed.’

[B]Quote Review[/B] ‘I’ve had more than 20 Futures Forex brokers over 25 years. Oanda is my most recent Forex broker. They have a fairly reliable trading platform and I give this a good rating. The integrity of the employees and the owner is lacking though; this weakens their position as a good Forex broker. They will cheat you if they think they can get away with it.’

Pppfffffffff :slight_smile:

[B]Quote Review[/B] 'Software although looking nice is riddled with bugs, on many occasions it stops updating completely so you sit there thinking a trade is not moving, then move your mouse to find it has been moving the entire time. Also graphical glitches that cause display corruption and flickering.

I was recently spiked into and out of a trade with a large 20 pip spike in the space of ONE tick. after investigating 8 other brokers, not one of them showed a spike, or a price within 12 pips of the high on Oanda. Oanda insist it is valid price movement and refuse to reverse the trade.

I have recently had stops slipped by 5 pips, and this wasnt a jump, i watched it move through my stop and their systems were simply too slow to close it.

I have also noticed that sometimes trades magically close despite the chart getting nowhere near the stop and yet the closing price indicates it hit the stop.

[B]I am looking for another broker.’[/B] Oanda Reviews | Forex Trading Broker

wow i have never seen so much commitment to collecting and posting bad reviews. But just i am awe struck by the effort.

To those traders reading this thread, please do your homework with regards to choosing a broker and opt for an ECN broker if you can. Avoid the market makers. If you research Oanda for yourself you will see masses of complaints. Some maybe real and some maybe false. There are lots of new traders unaware of Oandas practices and here you can read about Oandas dirty tricks, backed up with evidence of several people who have complained, but it is upto you the trader to make a justified decision based on material freely available on the internet. Happy trading guys! :53:

Sorry if you had a bad experience with Oanda but at this point we all already know that in the link you provide there are a lot of complains about this broker, no need to post all of them here.

I have traded with Oanda the last 3 years and during that time the only trouble I had was 2 months ago when a java update just made Fxtrade to misbehave… in 1 week everything came back to normal… Now I let fxtrade open five days in a row without any problem, execution is fast.

I agree that mt4 is useless to trade (at least at Oanda), so I only use it for charting.

Maybe a ECN is best for you, but I enjoy the flexibility in the positions that I can take with fxtrade.

I can’t complain about oanda.
I can open my account on more than one computer simultaneously and trade multiple accounts.
A lot of flexibility.
I find them profitable.
I like their platform, I’m a cloud trader and I do like their ichimoku.

Thanks OP. I haven’t used Oanda but heard that they were one of the more popular brokers. Luckily I did my research and opened an account with an ECN broker instead (GoMarkets). Who can trust market-makers?