PA System

Have you heard of the book “Technical Analysis of Stock Trends, 9th Edition” by Magee. It’s a great book, lots of chart patterns that I’m sure you’d be interested in. It covers the main patterns in great depth too.

In my opinion, sometimes the simplest may be the most effective. If you can find confluence with chart patterns, S&R and candlestick formations then you’ve got yourself a great trade. :slight_smile:

Clark.

I agree on the simple way to be more reliable, but I noticed those strategies are usually on higher time frames, meaning not many opportunities to enter.

I use 1H as the highest time frame, and many PA methods are not so great in 15M or under because significant S/R lines are more reliable on higher time frames. Just like pivot lines, you only need to pay attention to those when price gets near them. Meanwhile, you wanna do some trading :smiley: Or at least I trade like that, scalping. I guess it could be a matter of which trading style you want to use.

Well, I looked some other forums on harmonic price patterns and I decided not to use them after all. They are very interesting, but I found that the method be not so practical from the view of my trading strategy. I realized that getting confirmation of how far my position would go based on harmonic patterns was not so helpful.

But here is the image of those patterns if you are interested in them. Unlike S/R lines, those patterns predict the destination of price when forming those patterns.