Pepperoni and pineapple please

Why did you wait so long, you could have got a lot more had you traded at the time of the release. It could go down now.
But I guess you have taken profit already?

What made you choose usdchf? USDCAD long is looking really good now.
I understand that its risk off because of flows out of Aussie and Kiwi, but what was your reason for the long usdchf?

If you trade the news, then yes, trading at the time of the release would be better as you can see the big movement on the lower time-frames. However, if you don’t trade the news and just take this GDP release as a guideline to trade in a higher time-frame, it doesn’t really matter when you enter your order since you’re looking at a bigger view based on fundamentals.

I’m not sure if you noticed, but the currency pair he traded is moving away from the direction he trade it.
Had he entered earlier he could have caught more of the move before it started moving back down.
Also, he makes it quite clear that he only aims for 10 pips at the time of the release-if he trades at the release .
This was a few hours later I think, so as you can see, I’m looking for specific answers from the guy who actually took the trade, not a general guideline on how to trade but thanks for your help anyway.

I wrote earlier that I had a neutral to weak view of Cad this week, so it would have made sense to
trade in the direction of swap.

I have a buy order placed on gbpchf at 1.4251 with a ten pip TP

[QUOTE=ILovePizzaMore;478826]I have a buy

Open positions: gbpchf TP @ 1.4263 contract 10,000 and usdchf tp @ 0.9312 contract 10,000

Hope yer right buddy, I’m following you, i bought both pairs at 1.42488 and the other at .93065 :slight_smile:

Blah blahblabd

Yeah looking good so far. But GBP/CHF not so much. What do you think of Eur/usd short?

Yes more of that tuna

Exactly more tuna

Just a thought, why not wait for the consolidation, establish the high and low of the range, then place two orders on either side of the range (buy a few pips above the high, sell a few pips below the low) just before the release?
Once one of them is hit, you close the other.

Two reasons…

First, marquee news release quite often have a orders.

Slippage of 30-40 pips? That’s a lot, no thanks, lol.

South Korea just announced a $17 billion

Bla nlahba

Justifications: is a practice of probabilities after all.

Why does inflation matter right now to New Zealand?

The reason is this…In the March Monetary Policy.

Total realized profit from closed trades is now $20.20

Handicap monkeys