Pipzu and Piptronic

Coastal, yeah I’m running piptronics on IBFX right now. Holy crap they’re horrible. A fluctuating spread of 3-9 pips is what I’ve seen on EURGBP. Piptronics just closed it’s first trade for me, within 1/2 hour of firing it up mind you and it took a $23.26 profit, but getting it there was no easy feat as I was watching it. IBFX would vary the spread over the 30-40 minutes that the trade took so that it was always negative. It took a short trade and even when the value would go down, they’d increase their spread, so you just couldn’t win. If I’d had it on a broker with a fixed 3 pip spread, it would’ve done really well.

But, damn, are there any brokers out there who are rated well on Forex Peace Army who use MT4 and won’t rape you on the spreads??? I’m not having a ton of luck finding any. Like I said, I’d like to go FXOpen, but I can’t get a feed from them.

What about Pipzu Extrapolated??? What’s it doing for you?

Piptronic Took A Trade I Thought Was Destined To Fail, But I Held On Let It Do Its Thing And Came Out 77.79 Ahead.grant It,it Could Have Made More But It Could Have Made Less. So Far Im Amazed At This System. Also Notorious I’ve Noticed All Of My Trade Types Have Been Sells,what Have Your Trade Types Been. I Have To Say Interbank’s Pip Spread Is Terrible But It Seems Piptronic Has Done Alot More Trades On It Than Fxopen Even Though Fxopen Has A Better Spread.

Friend as you have described about the system seems good. I have been saying first also that trade according to your own strategy.

Good to see that it turned into a winner for you. My sole trade that Piptronic did was a sell. Only took a 1 pip profit on it though because of IBFX’s dumbass pip-spread.

I got my FXOpen feed going and their spreads are amazing. 2 pips fixed on the EURUSD and 3 pips fixed on the EURGBP.

I’m running Pipzu, Pipzu Extrapolated and Piptronic on the same $5K account. My laptop is running these 3 EAs on IBFX, my desktop is running all 3 on Alpari, and also all 3 on FXOpen.

So, 3 robots on 3 brokerages, all with the same settings on each robot, but different spreads from each broker. We’ll see what kind of P/L statement that gives after a few days.

I’m thinking with IBFX you’re going to need to do more trades because their spreads are stupid… maybe, just a thought. Will keep you updated.

thats great notorious now thats the kind of data we need.i cant wait to see the results from so many different sources.i got the same results from fxopen also only closes for a pip or 2.maybe we’ll get to the bottom of this mystery

Hey Coastal and Notorious,
Good to hear that the systems are working well even with the brokers giving you trouble. I had heard that some brokers play with the numbers while you’re in a trade so IBFX is one I’m not going with. I did hear good things about FxOpen, I just need to find a way to easily transfer funds to them and back again. One of their money transfer sites seems to be Russian since they only have options for English or Russian languages. I’ll be on a micro account when I go live and just see how it goes, slow and steady. Keep up the screen captures, they help alot.
Paul

Im pretty new to this so bear with any stupid questions I may ask. I’ve basically setup Piptronics and seems to be up and running etc but I have had no trades so far after leaving it running for 2 days solid now.

Now I only have $125 in my live account setup to trade on 0.1 so is it maybe a case of not having enough money in the account or should it still attempt to make trades? I have no error messages or anything, just a happy smiling face looking back at me the the chart merrily updates!

Ive setup how the instructions said to, ive enabled live trading and the feed is live so im just wondering if trades should be happening more often or not, I wouldve thought so with the price movement like it has been lately

Any help is muchly appreciated

VanHorn, I think your lots are too big. Now I’m no expert at this, don’t get me wrong, but based on running Pipzu on my own machine, I figure a good rule of thumb is to run 0.3 lots per $1000 in your account. I didn’t read that anywhere, I just made it up. It might be somewhat conservative, but I’m not running EAs to lose money.

So for $125, it would be 125 x 0.3 /1000 = 0.01875.

It could be that your Piptronics won’t trade because your lots are too high and it might bankrupt your account.

My Piptronics took a winning trade last night, and I had it set for 1.5 lots on a $5000 account. 0.3 lots per $1000.

You might want to try it - see if it does anything for you.

funny you should ask that van horn. i havent had a trade on my 5,000 demo with fxopen since tuesday,my 50,000 account with ibfx made one last night but noting since, i opened a small account with ibfx and i got to doubting my thinking also so i e-mailed jon kopitar the creator of piptronic this is what he e-mailed me back.“I always suggest starting as low as possible for the lot size with micro accounts, and then after seeing some results, raising it accordingly to get the profit amount you want. But with $400, I would be running 0.1 or 0.2 lot size personally.”

notorious i was thinking if your types of trades have been sell types and so have mine maybe the uptrend the eur/gbp has taken maybe thats the cause for lack of trades, maybe if was to have a downtrend it would do more trades, not sure just food for thought.

See I wasnt sure if the size of the bank was the problem or not and looking at Jon’s response about $400 being 0.1 or 0.2 then you’d think you might get a little activity on 0.1 for $125 but I will notch it down a little to see what happens. I didn’t realise you could go lower than 0.1 so thanks for that Notorious!

I think i’ll bump it down a to a qtr at 0.025 and test it

Is’nt it true that most bucket shop raise the spread of eur/gbp at night against this EA?(finally I believe there are commercial EA that would be profitable) I am using ibfx and alpari now and that is 8 - 13 pips. How can you make money trading that EA?

Ive still had zero trades. I’m not quite sure where to go next

VanHorn, what brokerage are you running this on? I’m running it on 3 different brokerages, and I see a difference on how many trades it takes on each different brokerage.

BTW, trading is closed for the weekend now.

Coastal and Notorious,
Any progress reports on trades? How is everything going on the different sites and EA’s?
Paul

I’m only running on FXOpen as suggested by Jon at the moment. Out of the ones you have it running on what seems to be working the ‘best’?

Hi everyone!

I am using fap turbo and have had good results so far.

I purchase piptronic today to run as well. It placed one trade at 2 pip profit!

I think I jumped in to buying piptronic to quicky! If you look at the results it only gains 1-7 pips per trade. I saw one trade at 20 pips. But on the down side I have seen a 250 pip loss. You have to gain alot of winning trades at 1-7 pips to beat that 250 pip loss! You are also risking 46 pips for these tiny gains if you leave it on normal setting! I read all the hype and made the mistake of buying on impulse after hearing good things.

As I said before I am using fap turbo on a live account and out of 30 trades in one week it has made 27 profits with a total pip profit of 200!

Could any please tell me how they are getting on with pipzu and piptronic?

There is also a site (forgot to bookmark it) that sells these softwares for 20 dollars and under. Pipzu,Piptronic,tracer etc.

I have been using Alpari and EUR/GBP is always at a two pip spread!

Well I’ve Tested All Three Systems For Only A Week And Have To Say Im Not Really Impressed. Out Of The Three Piptronic Made The Most Trades About 8 With Two Stop Losses. Both Pipzu Types Did Absolutely Nothing. I Back Tested Them And Was Definately Not Impressed, You Can Do Better Manual Trading.

Talking Of Manual Trading I’ve Found A Thread On Here That Is The Best I’ve Seen So Far. The Person Who Started It Was Elang And He Shares His Trading Techniques In It. If You Look At The PICTURE YOU’LL SEE THE THREE BIGGER TRADES WERE DONE ACCORDING TO HIS SYSTEM. NOW I KNOW 2 WERE LOSSES BUT IM STILL LEARNING HIS TECHNIQUES, AND I ALSO FELL ASLEEP AND IT HIT ITS STOP LOSS WHICH WAS MY FAULT. I MADE 45 PIPS IN LESS THAN A FEW HOURS ON ONE OF THEM. ALL AND ALL ITS A GREAT TECHNIQUE. HE’S ALSO NICE ENOUGH TO SHARE HIS TEMPLATE AND INDICATORS IN THE THREAD.IF YOU LOOK AT THE PIC ITS HIS TEMPLATE I NOW USE.I POSTED IN HIS THREAD RECENTLY TO BRING IT BACK TO PAGE 1 OF THE FORUM. CANT WAIT TO TRY IT OUT WHEN THE MARKET OPENS.

AS FAR AS THESE THREE EA’S PIPTRONIC WOULD BE MY CHOICE BUT I WOULDN’T PLAN ON MAKING AS MANY PIPS AS YOU COULD MANUAL TRADING.

Hello,
My trades with MetaTrader FX Open on a Demo $500 Account do not compare with PipTronic’s .

Has traded successfully until the last trade,where it wiped out all the profit made.

I have asked for a refund,but no success as yet!

I to have just asked for my money back.

I will keep you posted to see if we actually get out money back!

I spoke to Jon Kopitar and he said it is a scalping system and it only takes a few pips per trade. I told him you have a massive stop loss for such small profits. You would have to trade 100 with one loss to make any profit from it.

He also told me that the take profit and stop loss feature is going to be added so you can change it. Hold on a minute; it already has that feature but clearly doesn’t work! I think this was a bad buy guys and for it to be successful Jon needs to make alot of changes.

Notice he puts $30 a pip on a 5000 account with a stop loss of above 50. Where is the money management in that?

There is suppose to be a state of the art trend indicator in there, so why only take 1-7 pips. If this could grab between 10-25 pips atleast per trade then with a 90 % profit then that would be a bit more attractive!

Once again I think we have made a bad move guys!!!

Hello everyone.
How`s you results with piptronic, pipzu and fap turbo?
What can you say about these EAs?