Profitable Stories on the CHF Tsunami

I made a lot of money - about 5% of my account. And my son, who is still practising, made 10% of his account … in fake money, admittedly, but still.

(We trade the EURUSD exclusively and we were both taking short positions.)

We were both quite surprised.

But in retrospect, no Big Bak or Broker should have been surprised.

Dukascopy, the Swiss broker/bank, had said already in November that the SNB shoring up the Euro was not sustainable, and that anyone who thought it was, must have been an idiot: Switzerland is tiny in comparison with the EuroZone!

I have no sympathy with those big brokers and banks - like Alpari UK and Citibank - who made huge losses. THEY at least should have known that the Swiss National Bank shoring up the Euro wasn’t sustainable.

Small traders, on the other hand, who lost their shirts, have my sympathy, because they couldn’t have known.

But the Big Guys, who are supposed to be doing their homework? Serves them right, I say!

who is this

Darren_1977 System by Darren_1977 | Myfxbook

:10: I was short in USD/CHf positions from 0.99 to 1.02xx in couple of trading accounts with different brokers, Luckily on that day, i was at the system reading some article on Kitco.com…i saw a sudden surge in my equity and noticed Usd/Chf chart around 0.89xx… i just checked if there is any news but found nothing…price was dropping fast towards 0.82xx…decided to cash in one of the trading account which was already doubled…to the surprise Price was not matching between 2 brokers…I was seeing price quoting around 0.69xx…but got executed @0.75xx…in other account executed price was bit high around 0.79xx…All these happened with in 5-6 minutes and by the time i booked profits in 1st trading account i was aware of the news…Similar experience during Lehman crisis with Usd/Jpy…but i was on the loosing side…:frowning: I am very sorry for those who lost…and even my best friend who is short was with Alpari-UK and still trading accounts issue was not resolved…