Question in chart discrepancy from 2 different brokers

This “myth” will be hard to explain away… Drmorbid… paging Drmorbid…

I haven’t used FXChoice.

Theyre “regulated” in [I]Belize[/I], for heaven’s sake!

The market-maker broker I found to be highly reliable, honest, very good, and a pleasure to use - for [I]many[/I] years - was Oanda. I made a living there and [I]never[/I] had a problem at all. Some members here, however, have recently been pointing out that their spreads aren’t what they were and specifically that they fluctuate too much for comfort. Perhaps too many members for it to be “an unlucky coincidence”, and a couple are people I really respect. This was dreadful news for me on the “recommendation front” as I felt, accordingly, that I should probably stop “recommending” them here. :8:

That leaves me with nobody but Interactive Brokers to recommend (I’m totally happy there and believe they’re one of the best). And in spite of being a [I]genuine[/I] broker, and a [U]really[/U] good one (occasional sub-optimal customer service over “technical help” being their only relative disadvantage, as far as I can see, and some persistence being needed with that, as they don’t like and expect to do a lot of hand-holding), their minimum deposit requirement is one that doesn’t suit many BabyPips members. So I’m “stuck” - sorry.

Right, and FXCM is/was regulated by the CFTC. I take your point; the ‘clean shirt’ countries should have more reliable brokers but it clearly doesn’t always work that way. Yes, I believe IB is superior, but as you say, they’re for traders with larger accounts.

For the rest of us mucky-mucks we’ll have to tread the turbid waters of offshore brokers I suppose. Feel free to reassure me, FXChoice rep! :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve heard good things about Global Prime.

Hello, Thank you for replying Lexys, Jungle and everyone. Thank you FXChoice for the reply. To clarify, I wasnt in the trade, but analyzing the chart for entries.

There is a lot of information from everybody that helps understand what initially happened, that is a good thing.

Today a spike did happen, but in my favor with a short position I was in, but I stopped out. But I dont understand how my Stop Loss was filled either. I will be contacting the broker to get it taken care of.

Apparently he didn’t. :33:

Members thinking of using this broker might be interested to read this news about them.

This is becoming a common issue with several brokers. I haven’t been able to fund any of my accounts using my Mastercard, and I’ve given up using anything but wire transfers.

Regardless, if the rep doesn’t come back to soothe my fears I’m going with a different broker.

Today FXChoice removed almost all their commodity CFDs available for trading. Another red flag or is this common practice?

Hello clemmo,

Thanks for your post. As we have explained also in this thread - 301 Moved Permanently, the discontinuation of some instruments took place back on the 11th of Nov 2016 and not now as you have stated. We have notified all of our clients about the changes as we always do.

And again, we apologise for any inconvenience and appreciate your understanding. If you have any questions or need any help, please do not hesitate to contact our experienced Support Team via Live Chat or email <[email protected]>.

Kind regards
Michael Ronan
FXChoice