"Quotes" worth quoting

Wherever you go, there you are.

“Those who can, do. Those who can’t, teach. Those who can do, can’t teach.”

“Life is incurable and has a 100% mortality rate, Ebola only has a 70% mortality rate”

“The more things change, the more they stay the same”

Found this gem on Wikipedia —

“Massless virtual gluons compose the numerical majority of particles inside hadrons.”

When you understand that statement, you will understand why everything happens as it does. — Or, maybe not.

Haha good one!

Hi Clint, long time no chat. Hows the trading going? Making lotsa pips? Oddly enough, I understand that quote. heh! A hadron is composed of quarks held together by the strong nuclear force by exchanging virtual gluons.

One day my wife said to me “what makes you think you are so superior to everyone”. She was kinda upset because I corrected something she said. I replied “I know things most people don’t. That doesn’t make me superior, it just makes me different”. She said “yeah you’re different allright!” LOL

Hi Pipdiddy, unfortunately those 30% who survive ebola eventually keel over from something else… you just can’t win LOL :smiley:

“Never engage in a pissing match with a skunk:
he possesses important natural advantages.”

British Ambassador to Russia Sir Bryan Cartledge,
in a cable to London, at the height of the Oleg Gordievsky affair, 1985

skyNEWS article

Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with his experience

Don’t get infected by D.A.S.- Dumb ass Syndrome. It is a disease that can strike at any second :slight_smile: - David Talkington

Never pee against the wind.

That reminds me of one of Jason Stapletons reasons why traders fail, Shiny Object Syndrome - they get distracted by whatever “get rich from fx” scheme comes along next instead of learning their trade

"A happy life is one spent in learning, earning, and yearning."
Lillian Gish

It will definitely be, “In time, this too shall pass…” That has been my mantra if I am struggling over something.

I like that one too!

The only sure way to make a small fortune from Forex is to start with a big fortune

“There’s a saying among bush pilots: there are old pilots and bold pilots, but there are no old, bold pilots.”

This actually gets me, somehow I’m bad at teaching hahahaha

“We shall have world government, whether or not we like it.
The question is only whether world government
will be achieved by consent or by conquest.”

James Warburg (1896-1969),
appearing before the U.S. Senate Committee on Foreign Relations,
February 17, 1950

I don’t have the energy to look through 54+ more pages to see if anyone else used this one (cause I gotta get some sleep before I get qwerty-faced) but I believe it is based on the above TJ quote.

"People should not be afraid of their government, government should be afraid of their people."
V from V for Vendetta

That being said, here are some more of my favorites.

Another one attributed to TJ
"Trust, but verify."

“Quack, damn you!” - Jamie Hyneman, Mythbusters

“I reject your reality, and substitute my own.” - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

“Of all the things I’ve lost, I miss my mind the most.” - Ozzy Osbourne (at least according to the movie Hackers)

“Surely you can’t be serious!”, “I am serious, and don’t call me ‘Shirley’.” - Ted Striker and Dr. Rumack , Airplane!

“It’s 106 miles to Chicago, we have a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it’s dark, and we’re wearing sunglasses.”, “Hit it.” - Elwood and ‘Joliet’ Jake Blues, The Blues Brothers

A friend of mine had a T-shirt that had the following.

“Life - ***ually transmitted and 100% fatal”

K, after that I really AM going to bed. :stuck_out_tongue: :24: