Red Light Green Light

Hello everybody,

I coded the strategy in MT4 and the results are not positive at all. It can be that the broker dependency plays a big role (I use OANDA), but testing it on the past years shows always profit factors <1.

Regards,

Lorenz

what should be the entry/exit rules would def help 2 know much obliged in advance

As vincejg stated, same entry rules can be applied, but modify you S/L and exit to conform with the ATR values on higher TF. In effect al you are doing is scaling up, but hear in mind your risk profile and what you are prepared to lose if it goes against you … which it can do and will do more often than you like, but that is trading… limit your losses and let your wins run.
Try it and work the parameters that meet your trading style and risk/exposure.

i WILL TRY THIS METHOD
LOOKS INTERESTING

wELL DONE vincejg327
I WILL GIVE IT A TRY.pLS HOW CAN I GET YOUR EA I WILL BE MOST GRATEFUL.whats ur skype id
MY EMAIL IS chiekwu2003 at yahoo dot com
CHEERS

Could you please upload the EA Code so we test it out?.
Thanks.

Hi, do you trade during the asian session? or only during the london and new york session? thanks.

Hey, I just met you, and this is crazy.

But here’s my number…

So call me, maybe?
It’s hard to look right,
At you baby.

But here’s my numbah…

Somehow i don’t see much of a “Holly grail” in this one :frowning:

So far so good for now.
I’ve been trying this one in my demo account and see some result.
but apart from that, vince, I was wondering if the SL/TP is a bit squeeze?
I mean if ATP is 0.0009, that means for long trade, the SL is (BUY_PRICE) - 0.0009 right?

I’ve never managed to make this since I think for my broker, 50 pips is the minimum SL.
any advice?

Really? Your broker actually has a minimum SL and it’s set at a hefty 50 pips? May I know who’s your broker?

It seems to be 50 pips CMIIW.
my broker is go market aus.

If you really see the potential in this strategy, perhaps the simplest advice would be to consider other brokers out there that do not require a minimum SL? Should be plenty around.

Hello, new forex person here. I am interested in this red light green light system. How do I find it/see it/check it out? Do I get hold of vincejg327? Thanks for any directions. Magster

I would suggest that dominant DMI not only be above 20 but also be slanting in direction of trade.

Yes, price closing on the other side of the EMA seems simpler and better operationally, but once needs a definitive delta between entry and stop in order to set the approximate risk near 2 percent or whatever, and ATR 14 seems a good hand-wave at this.

Anyone using ADX, even just the DMI lines, needs to buy [I]ADXcellence[/I] by Schaap, study it thoroughly, and keep it nearby. It’s expensive, but so is losing money.