Remove sticky from "What Every New & Or Aspiring Forex Trader... Still Wants To Know"

[QUOTE=“Bitterseatrader;486991”]

I read through your posts and your opinions don’t appear to be considering the situation objectively. Giving threads a sticky status is essentially Babypips directing traffic and newbies to those particular threads.

Many threads on Babypips have value and its all part of the learning process to read through each of them to find what information suits your personality and trading style. I am not suggesting that thread no longer has value to new traders but without the videos I am questioning the level of value that qualifies it for sticky status.

Like you said, we could give the Petefader, Mastergunner etc threads sticky status also, why don’t they qualify? Why did ICT’s thread qualify in the first instance for sticky status? Why didn’t his other threads NOT qualify? One word = Videos.[/QUOTE]

Pete has videos. It’s because the affiliation thing Michael did I think. He credited babypips in every one.

And there aren’t many opinions that are considered objectively. Almost nothing is. Ever. People have biases against everything.

If that’s the case than there is definitely no reason to keep the sticky status.

On a side note, ICT is a man driven by emotion and not particularly smart in my opinion (regardless of his trading ability). He spent years building a brand on Babypips and could have taken a large portion of its membership to his new site. Where he could make money without charging for training through adsense and promoting Chris Lori, books etc. Even after all the drama, the best option was to leave the videos which would continue to direct new membership towards the ICT brand.

Deleting the videos was not a good business decision, neither was trading live on myfxbook or engaging trolls.

[QUOTE=“IyaJenkei;486992”]

Pete has videos. It’s because the affiliation thing Michael did I think. He credited babypips in every one.

And there aren’t many opinions that are considered objectively. Almost nothing is. Ever. People have biases against everything.[/QUOTE]

So now that his videos are gone… The thread shouldn’t be stickied.

Disagree, I am totally unbiased in my position. Never studied him, never trolled him, never cared either way.

And MR Huddleston can not sue anyone on here for the videos even if he does have copyrights (which I doubt). In his webinar (that was recorded) after the first time he took down the videos. He gave permission to record and distibute those videos freely over emails and PM’s. The only thing he said not to do was post them on the forums.

In the USA (his homeland) thats a legal binding contract. And it was recorded so he cant deny it.

Hi Pipstradamus,

Have you guys come to a decision about the sticky?

From the amount of views it still gets, I wonder how many new traders end up there. Given Babypips has essentially banned him from the site I am surprised that he is still elevated above so many other great posters and threads.

Also, having this here also seems to be a bit much:

https://www.vimeo.com/32723817

If I was new to forex and came across that thread with so many “honorary” members posting support and love for the man for the first 10 pages. Coupled with this video and all the broken links, the first thing I would do is google “ICT”.

If they were going to remove it, they would have done it already. They are hoping we forget the whole thing and just move along, which can’t really happen as long as ICT keeps turning up as a new sock puppet every other day and definitely every weekend. Friday nights he puts on a costume, has a few beers and starts his attacks.

I wonder what contract ICT had with Babypips to have him include their logo in his videos. Maybe in return he got himself a nice big sticky in newbie island.

I suppose this is reason for an infraction on my part, who knows, maybe I’ll get banned. If I do, send my love to AK lol

How do you get infractions mate? Do we get an email or something? I am not sure I’ve ever received a warning etc

[QUOTE=“Bitterseatrader;489086”]

How do you get infractions mate? Do we get an email or something? I am not sure I’ve ever received a warning etc[/QUOTE]

You get a private message from one of the mods…

[QUOTE=“Bitterseatrader;489086”]

How do you get infractions mate? Do we get an email or something? I am not sure I’ve ever received a warning etc[/QUOTE]

I have never received one, yet…

Well I just made a post in the ICT thread that will probably get me into some trouble, although that’s definitely not the goal.

I received my very first one via PM as " Solicitation"… I am still thinking up to this day what do I solicited on…lol.

Did you do any of the following:

1. To seek to obtain by persuasion, entreaty, or formal application: a candidate who solicited votes among the factory workers.
  2. To petition persistently; importune: solicited the neighbors for donations.
  3. To entice or incite to evil or illegal action.
  4. To approach or accost (a person) with an offer of sexual services.
  5. To make solicitation or petition for something desired.
  6. To approach or accost someone with an offer of sexual services in return for payment.

Lol… None of the above. Though, pretending to be slightly a man does it count?lol Nah, I think I know what it was. Adding a fake Skype ID for my stage play… Never again…

lol PNR your not right :stuck_out_tongue:

Its posts like these that warrant the removal of the sticky.

Hey folks,

The sticky has been removed.

We work at our own pace, as you’ve noticed. And we’re well aware that ICT won’t be soon forgotten. This post in itself is evidence of that. We also enjoy the weekly conspiracy theories about our relationship with ICT, and as we’ve said countless times, it didn’t go beyond him offering his threads to the Forums and us interviewing him for our FX-Men Honorary Member blog article. Most Forums messages revolved around warning him not to get involved in battles with his detractors, very similar to the warnings the detractors received. Any “marketing” in his threads or videos for BabyPips.com was done without our knowledge or request. Simply put, there was no business relationship. But I, nor any of our team, can make you believe that. And that’s fine with us.

Agreed.

This is obviously up for debate. But we’ll leave it at that.

We do appreciate the feedback. Now that we’re a sticky or two short, we open up the floor for you to offer us your most favorite, sticky-worthy threads or posts. Please don’t reference something in the Melting Pot. We’re looking for “educational” value here, relating to Forex trading, of course. :slight_smile:

Post your goodies here.

Thanks!

Pipstradamus

Thanks Pipstradamus,

When a tool does not function properly, wastes time traders causing loss of good investment opportunities.