% return per month?

I do agree with thelastbear here. Reaching consistency is more important for you or anybody else and returns will come later on.

Every broker has VIP account, with at least $20k investment, I thought thousands of dollar a month is not a strange thing.

I aim for 1000% a month, thats my goal.

Yes, 1000%

Im around 12% a day right now, so over 20 trading days, I should be close to my goal.

Ask yourself, Whats Correct? Who gives these guidelines? Are you asking the 95% that failed, or are you asking the 5% that just break above the green?

NOTHING is realistic!!

Whats a decent trader? 2% gain a month,?

You MUST make YOUR plan by YOUR results, and adjust YOUR goals accordingly.

If your in the crowd, you will fall behind with the crowd.

Great pips to Ya.

It is an obvious thing that return percentages monthly or annually only counts when you have a good trading system and you are trading consistently on it. Skills follow profit and profit generates monthly income.

Monthly return depends on your capital. Traders with huge capital can easily aim for a low monthly target as the bigger amount in their trading will compensate for the low percentage. Traders will small balance with aim for a high percentage which also causes a great down fall of such traders.

[B]Hello to the O.P.

Having seen the ‘expected returns’ coming up a lot on Newbie Island, I put the question to

Merlin Rothfeld (and his currencies guest Tim Pessut) yesterday; they answered it live on

air… Watch this from 19’08’’:
[/B]

Power Trading Radio Video Archives | Tuesday, August 11, 2015

it is right that monthly return can be determined by the capital but it’s not always happening like that. Sometime, higher capital can give higher amount of profits but in other time, lower capital can give higher percentage than higher capital. It’s easier to reach 100% profit monthly with low capital than using huge capital because the pressure to trade with low capital will be lower too.

No wonder we have 95% traders losing money, because of low capital and high expectation of profits.

This is common syndrome for all the highly expectant traders, thus they push themselves further to the extent that they wish to double each and every month only to get disappointed with their aspirations.

If you can reliably do 10% per month, then you’ll be doing better than 99.9% of everyone else out there.

Wow 10% monthly is nothing less than 120% annually, and most of the multimillionaires out there are into lots of business with the aim of making atleast 30% annually. Imagine the kind of wealth that can be created with this kind of consistent gains. :27:

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

10% monthly profit is not too big amount of percentage to take as your target but it will be great if you can make it happen as consistent profit because if you had huge amount of capital then 10% monthly profit would be high amount of profit to take. And also, if you compound your account then the amount of profit will be added regularly.

May be… because the word IMPOSSIBLE itself when split says I M POSSIBLE. All the best and i wish all the aspirant traders to achieve their targets. Just that we need to put in consistent effort to make consistent gains. :slight_smile:

We have to believe in our trading style and make sure that we know what type of trading should be done as that alone will give us income. Also we will have to track our trading performance over time :slight_smile: