Robots, Expert Advisors, FAP Turbo, more?

hi john,
i been reading this thread, just posting some info which i hope will be helpful in the discussion

[U][B]Regarding Pipzu[/B][/U]

you can go to their website at pipzu dot com and click proof tab.
it’s s statement of their live account form jan 2008 to now…

they can work for account for all sizes big and small and they said.
also like to find out more about this. any have any experience?

i bought fapturbo too, still demo-ing it

alpari uk seems to be giving best results, but their demo and live fills are a world apart, perhaps that’s giving the unusually good result?

Planning to go live in jan 2009, depending on the results of dec demos.

now setting it at scalp mode
tinkled the settings to
MM true and
Risk Reductor to 20.

super high risk setup but just wan to see how it will work.

By the way, anyone has any good VPS to recommend?

need 1) virtual windows desktop environment
2) budget= probably under $20 usd

thanks guys,
William Koh

i recomend south west also called swvps. they have a cheap vps service for 19 a month. you will have to deal with the fact that it is a windows 93 server though. also i recomed checking out ck’s vps guide

forex blog by ckowyong - finding the best forex expert advisor… � guide::VPS guide for MT4

it will save your butt in terms of getting it set up properly because the vps will shut down for maintainace and updates

so you have to do 2 things, first you have to set up the vps to start automatically otherwise it will stay at the logon screen till you log on and

second you have to configure your mt4 to start up automatically when your vps logs on.

ck shows you exactly how to do this otherwise your 24/7 vps will be off until you physically log on and that defeats the purpose of the vps.

good luck, john

Hey guys,

I bought Fapturbo as well and its been working pretty well, im also running it along side forexautocash. However, I was wondering why on the live results (posted on the Fapturbo.com) the lotsize varied so much among the scalper trades, even for the $370 account, then it got me wondering if it was that parameter in scalper that uses the money management parameter (Scalper_UseMM: true) that calculated those varying size lots automatically using Scalper_LotsRiskReductor…so I took my question to them here is the actual emails:

Q:
The live results posted on the fapturbo website have varying lot sizes
for the scalper trades. Is it the money management parameter (Scalper_UseMM: true) that calculated those varying size lots automatically using Scalper_LotsRiskReductor in the results posted? If not, what did?

A:
We used high risk trades. dont use such lot.

Q:
Thanks, I will follow your advice, so for scalper strategies, do you suggest
using the money management parameter (Scalper_UseMM: true) that calculates appropriate size lots automatically using Scalper_LotsRiskReductor?

A:
To let program use AutoLot management (it means that IE decides the
lot size itself) the variable Lots should be set to zero. So
LotsRiskReductor will define the risk size. LotsRiskReductor can be
from 1 to 100. 1 means 1% of risk of deposit. 100 means 100% risk.

They’re replies seem to be vague to me and not actually answer my questions but give me generic responses. But in order for us to really understand how we can achieve results as great as the ones on the site we need to understand how they are gettin them in the first place. But whatever I dont think I will ever get a straight answer.

So i was wondering if you guys understand those parameters better than i do…and what settings are yours on?? :confused:

Dan :cool:

hey dan i just send an email with the same questions!

except mine was one line like

“could u tell me ur settings for the usd370 live test account?” lol…

good qn Dan… i would like to know too :slight_smile:

[U][B]my own demo
[/B][/U]i was on 0.1 lots and other settings unchanged with a 3000 usd demo for last week.

now this week i’m switching to

[B]LotsRiskReductor =20= 20%
and (Scalper_UseMM: true)[/B]

with the same account. and oh yeah trade friday= true
( i might change that again tmr)

anyone have any ideas? i have one friend telling me best results with
[B]LotsRiskReductor =20= 20% that’s why i’m trying it…

guys i saw the same thing and i tired to add up the lots even full lots unless the pipvalue is much greater than $10 it wasn’t adding up for me. As for mm i set my own lot sizes presently at $8 each for the scalper and $1 for the long term. Im considering droping the $8 down to $5 for another week coz last week was thanksgiving week and the market will probably be way different this week. Also I seem to remeber the pdf saying that eurchf was the best pair so Ill look at that again and if so then ill plan to be a little more aggressive with that pair and this ea.

Wow that was quick, I just went for some water and already two responses lol. Good work. Is there a chat room on this site for real time discussion? Market is opening in a bit and I still have some questions to ask and comments/advice to give.

btw Dlowe welcome to babypips i just noticed you are new to posting. I hope you will stick around and share some of your results and join discussions and stuff.

Also I wanted to point out if you guys want to be successfull at forex it is a really good idea to deversify. Using robots is great but it will never take the place of your intuitive mind. I like to think of the robots as a little something extra in my account. I mostly scalp and as of lately swing trade so I hold some positons for a few days to a week and i hold positons for a few minutes to afew hours.

That is what i like about fapsturbo it is diverisfied at least somewhat. For my swing trading ideas sometimes i refer to pipcrawler’s blog coz he ability to call profit targets is uncanny and by reading his work you will also get a mind for technical setups.

Thanks Johnny, I’m glad to of found I place where we can discuss Ideas and concerns…in this thread with regards to robots, in particular FAP Turbo. K you didnt make mention of a chatroom so we could talk in real time. However one of the thing I wanted to suggest to the group is that you go read the reviews of the popular robots on the market today at:

Forex Systems and Forex Signals Reviews | forex scam review

They claim to be an absolutely independent review site…I read below some people talking about Pipzu…well according to these people its a scam, pipzu’s review is close to the bottom of the their page (try using CTRL+F) and FAP Turbo is also reviewed as well and was ranked highly…So check it out…overall its a greatsite.

hi john u’re right about learning and trading different methods and stuff :slight_smile:

i’m doing TRO’s buyzone and goes into his live chatroom to trade buzzard
( reversal strategies )

also trying to trade the sweetspotsgold indicators ( trying to learn from xmess7 about this )

i’m based 90% on TRO’s methods :slight_smile:

right now i’m exploring EAs , like you said, gives me some spare change on the side, and doesnt really need u to sit down and watch it all the time,
so i guess my plan is while i’m scalping buzzard 10 pips reversals, once i’m done and off to bed my robot starts up and starts scalping the euro evening market hours~

i haven’t tried swing trading yet, will look up pipcrawler’s blog as u mentioned.

I read bout this fellow called jacko and his trend trading method, over at forex factry, which he trades only the eur/usd… any recommendations?
seems he charges quite a bit to get his emails and smses on trades etc…

Dan: i’m going to bed dude,2am in singapore here hehe :smiley:
happy pipping!!

btw i’ve switched on my demo accounts, to catch some pips using fapturbo hehe

K Willko…have a good one…Im in Jamaica myself.

Also Johnny the scalper strategy…I remember you talking about which currency pair is the the stronger in scalping in FAPTurbo…I read the guide and watched the videos and it said the most successful currency pair in that scalper strategy has been the EurGbp.

I just turned on the ‘Scalper_LotRiskReductor’ by setting the ‘Scalper_UseMM’ to ‘True’…gonna see how it affects my lot size for this week right now my reductor is at 1.5 dont know why but it is…if u have a understanding of how it works johnny please share.

has been deleted

Scalper_LotRiskReductor at 20 is way to high.
Try to backtest EURGBP 01.Oct.2008-01.Nov.2008.
You will loose all on 3.Oct.

The reason you get positive results from backtest from 1.1.2008 to today
is that the lots are capped to Scalper_MaxLots (which is 100 per default).
The Lots would be much higher without.
If you set Scalper_MaxLots to near infinit, it will crash on 3.10.2008, too.
My experience is, to set Scalper_LotRiskReductor at max. to 10 to 12.

Btw. I didn’t get good BT results with other pairs than EURGBP.
So I plan to only trade with EURGBP. What is your experience with the
other pairs?

One thing I noticed, is that the “live-proof-statements” has a lot of
trades with EURUSD, which is not allowed with my version of Fapturbo.
But a closer look revealed, that EURUSD have been mostly loosing trades.

Greets from Germany

Hmm interesting Chris…Thanks for that contribution…I just been foolin around with the backtests (only with the EURGBP for scalping) just now tryin to figure out how the reductor works…still not sure i get it or its purpose I wanna see how it is different from just setting the Scalper_lotsize…

can anyone really explain what the LotsRiskReductor does or what you think it does and post it here?

It may work for now but remember you are eliminating the best weapon you have in this market, yourself.

There is a reason why these people are selling these EA’s or else they would be using them to make millions for themselves.

if im not mistakin the lots risk reducer is the percent of capital you are willing to risk. 1 being 1% 100 being 100% but i could be wrong coz i dnt use that feature i just set my lots to what i want to trade

K well the markets just opened and im off to a horrific start in seconds…I have a floating trades amounting to -$1231.15 all for the EURUSD in Fapturbo longterm strategy and most of them which is prolly maybe 4 out of 6 trades closed as soon as the market opened…i suspect it might be because of a parameter that controls how long a trade position can be held for has been met…closing out majority of my trades…not sure though…i need to investigate further…Did that happen to anyone else?

FAP Turbo is set by default to close any open positions monthly. This should have happened to anyone who left that setting at the default.

why are you trying to trade during dead hours/high spread?

After reading through the past few pages I am seeing an alarming number of posts from people who clearly don’t have a basic grasp on how this EA, or for that matter Forex in general works. I IMPLORE you all to PLEASE understand as much as you can before trying to trade either manually or with a robot. Not understanding things like money management settings, which currency pairs are used for each strategy, etc is setting yourself up for failure! Seeing words like intuition and mental send shivers down my spine. These and a number of other things are covered in the EA manual and in the school of pipsology. I’m not trying to be the typical know-it-all, I am a newbie myself. Just please be cautious!

lazy whats wrong with intuiton??? or mental???

my best trading is intuitive and yes i am very discretionary and yes my account is over 1000% this month.