RULES + Welcome to the Introduce Yourself forum

Hello, my name is Arturo, I’m from Mexico

New to the trading world, hope to learn from everyone, regardless if they’re new themselves or vastly experienced. :grinning:

Hey, I’m Borgus

Probably going to lurk until I understand what is going on

lurks

Hi I,m very much a Novice … Extremely grateful to everyone at the BabyPips Team/Crew … I,m currently half way through the School of Pipsology … I intend to finish the course … Then go back and do it again in conjunction with a Demo account until i get decent scores on the tests … Then maybe try out The Cowabunga or some of the other systems… Maybe start with Scalping then day trading… Only after i have found a Strategy that has a relatively low draw down will i consider going live . As my Screen name suggests i,m emotionally attached to Money (Stored Labour) … Hopefully maybe at a later date get involved with Spread Betting or CFD,s .I,m over 50yrs old From England Kent UK Aquarius …Reasonably well traveled Worldwide … I like eating Kebabs and Indian food … I think its great that there is people from all walks of life from around the world on here … Thanks for all concerned Kind regards Me … 8 )

Hi My name is Steve,

I’m new to Forex trading so I’m hoping to learn a lot from this community. I will be trading on ETX Capital and I’ll be starting with a low deposit and I’ll see how I go.

1 Like

Hi Steve

i’ve been trading for several years

i can tell you what’s going to happen hehe

1. You’re new to forex so obviously no experience
  2. With a Low Deposit, YOU WILL LOSE IT (no question about it)

do yourself a favour
For the next 6 months - 1 year

Learn from Babypips education tab
also
Open yourself a Demo account with a minimum balance of $2,000 if not $5,000 and trade that

now… Keeping in mind that you should not start with less than $2,000 but $3,000 is recommended .

You should open a demo that has an equal balance to that that you plan to start with

You should do whatever you know how to do to trade successfully

but…
BEFORE YOU GO LIVE
You need to show that you can trade profitably for at least 6 months
You need to show consistant profits and Daily trading
and the amount that you are trading has to follow some sort of growth pattern, it can’t be random lots chosen based
on your gut feeling

if you do that, you’ll be much better off and you most likely will not lose your initial investment
if you don’t listen to this
Chances are (Like everyone else) YOU WILL LOSE IT

also when you say Low Balance
what does that mean ?

Mate, as a general rule , if you have less than $500 to start with ,
forget it
Better put it aside than throw it away

Your other option is
call the broker
ask them for their address
go up to them and just hand them the $500
because if you are not going to save it and put it aside for now

you may as well hand it to the broker right now
doing this, you avoid the stress of ongoing loss, little by little

pull the band aid off quickly if you must pull it off hehe

trust me… ok
save your money for now
Trade Demo
Learn
don’t get itchy

Be Cool

Lady trader here also. I have never traded Forex. I thought maybe I would learn something about crypto here, but also I want to learn about Forex and become more diversified in my skills and portfolio. It sounds like we may have a similar approach and goals, as I’m also not looking to become a millionaie. :relaxed: I also really like Rayner and Trading 212, as well as Jerremy Newsome of Real Life Trading. Best wishes.

1 Like

Welcome to the BP forum! :slight_smile:
Hope we get to learn a lot from each other

Hi Everyone

I am an Ex-Banker and I had the opportunity to work in Credit & Risk Management and Treasury Division of a Bank. I worked in every section of Equity, Money Market and Forex Departments of Treasury Division.

I have also traded stocks at my local Equity Market for many years. Now, I am interested to participate in Forex Market. So I am trying to equip myself with the relevant education/courses.

I will keep in touch with all of the Babypips.com community in near future.

Best of luck to all of you.

1 Like

Hi SufShiken! :smiley:

You’re very much welcome to the community! There are a lot of newbies like us here. Likewise, there are also lots of pros who are very kind and willing to share some of their expertise.

I hope we could learn and grow together! :blush: Have you finished the School of Pipsology btw?

Thanks Ria for your welcome message.

Yeah … I have already completed the School of Pipsology entire course.

1 Like

That’s great. :smiley: Where do you go to learn new stuff now?

I’m still going through it myself. :sweat: Haha.

Usually, I try to learn new stuff from various sources e.g., different YouTube channels, Webinar as well as various websites.

1 Like

@ria_rose
@anon58863749

You’re not supposed to learn new stuff after the course
You’re supposed to get a DEMO and put what you have learned into pratice

and only when it doesn’t work for you to you learn new stuff and research other theories

but because you will basing what you are doing from THE COURSE, Your research will therefore be more specific and catered to a SPECIFIC SUBJECT so that you can rectify as small problem

if you are done with the course
start on demo and work out your trading style , then perfect it

1 Like

@anon81929759

Thanks Martin for your advice.

I have started working on Demo account to practice what I learned from Babypips.com course.

@anon58863749
Excellent, keep up the good work mate

1 Like

Thanks @anon81929759! :slight_smile: I will.

I’ve also started setting up my demo account and I’ve been going through it, trying to place orders, learning the tools etc. :smiley:

that’s awesome

you use you tube to get familiar with MT-4

things like
How do i backup MT-4
where does MT-4 Save my Data Files / Indicators/ Experts etc
How do i Save Profiles in MT-4
How do i Save Templates In MT-4
How do i customize charts in MT-4
how do i use Terminal in MT-4
How do i use Market Watch in MT-4
and what all the buttons mean at the top

how do i draw lines in MT-4
How do i draw Fibonacci level in MT-4
how do i draw shapes in MT-4
How do i insert text on an MT-4 Chart

as far as indicators are concerned
USE ONE AT A TIME and see if they are giving you the results you want
if not - Bin them
if they are - make a note of them and consider applying them to your strategy

also i would advice that you formulate some sort of trading flow chart that you follow religiously
now… OVER TIME, if you find flaws in the flow chart,… UPDATE THE CHART and make corrections

sooner or later you will come to a point where you can’t fault it anymore
this will give you a well defined routine for trading

hope that helps

Wow. Thank you so much for being so willing to share with us Martin! :blush:

I’d take note of all of these. :slight_smile: Also, this might be a silly question but do all demo accounts have MT-4?

hehe
No Not a silly question, but definitely A FUNNY QUESTION

it’s like asking
Do all Tyres have cars
hehe

it doesn’t work like that
I mean… YOUR ANSWER (simply stated ) is YES

but, then again, some forum members would shoot me for saying that.
so… THE CORRECT ANSWER IS THIS…

MT-4 is a software platform
it doesn’t care if your account is live, Demo… Oompa Loomp… Tiger or Giraffe or Razor or whatever
it simply doesn’t care

MT-4 just cares about this

That it has a stable internet connection to a service provider
That it can transmit and receive a data feed to an from the service provider

without a service provider (A BROKER) MT-4 is useless to you

Your question is like asking
"do all brokers have demo accounts"

and the answer is … NO, NOT ALL OF THEM
then… does YOUR BROKER offer a demo account ANSWER : (i don’t know , you need to check with them whoever they are) but they likely do

Now, you should be able to login to a central client area on their site and create a demo account
you will then be given Server details for the demo and the account number and password

Upon creating it, you will be asked to choose a balance and a leverage and a local currency

when you have all these details
YOU GO TO MT-4 and get MT-4 to logon to your account

so… the account is with the broker (Not MT-4)

Now, you can create accounts within MT-4
but, REALLY… MT-4 IS ONLY REALLY SENDING A SIGNAL TO YOUR BROKER TO CREATE AN ACCOUNT

MT-4 doesn’t actually create the account
IT SENDS A REQUEST TO THE BROKER

Hope that clears is up

Huhuhu. Sorry for being such a noob. The only positive side here is that I got to entertain you. (At least, I hope?) Haha. :sweat_smile:

Anyway, thank you for clearing it up Martin! All these technical stuff is really still confusing to me so I’m gonna research more about this so that I’d figure out how to properly use this.