RULES + Welcome to the Introduce Yourself forum

Hello Every one here at BabyPips.com

I’m Tim from the Renkometer software family. I’ve been trading for going to 10 years now and in the last 2 or so years, I’ve come to fall in love with Renko charts.That’s the chart type I concentrate on. I love it. It makes my decision making easier.

You may have heard many times that if you want to be a successful trader online, never stop to learn. Any new thing you learn about trading only helps to refine your trading . That is my view. And that is why when I read a few stuff on this website, I decided to join. It’s a nice place to grab some stuff and I salute the guys behind this good work which above all is allowed for FREE. Well done guys >>>>>:). Always nice to see how others view a particular topic.

My hope is to contribute back to this forum as well as learn from it. If you need some help with Renko charts, please feel free to hook up with me.

Speak Soon.
Tim

Hello Guys,

Babypips you rock…

My name is Madimetja Shogole. I am a South African, based in South Africa, Pretoria.

I realized my love for Forex Trading when I worked for one large insurance/investment company back in 2010 into 2012. From there, I somewhat forgot a bit about it. A dear friend of mine asked me to accompany him to a Forex Trading business presentation in Sandton. The presenters were from London.
They were very good and way convincing. Sadly, they charged around $2800.00 to get onto their course. Well, I did not have that kind of cash. And I was not prepared to make any loans.

Time went by, and around August 2015, there were media headlines in South Africa about SA youngest multimillionaire. Well, I love business – so I followed the news closely. I Googled the gentlemen – and yes – he is real. Very young age-wise, and he is really cracking the whip in Forex Trading. I attended his free seminar in Sandton still. This was on Saturday 10th.October.2015. We were over 1000 in the room. He runs these kinds of seminars 3 times a month, across SA major cities; Cape Town, Durban and Joburg. Boy, he is good. And to enter his course, he charged about $750.00. Truth be told, there and then I decided to join his course. Sadly, I did not have that kind of moola lying around. But I made a commitment to enroll by paying $20.00. We were allowed to pay in small portions, and settle the full price before entering the class.

I continued digging for some ways to really enter this field without paying so much for training. On Thursday the 15th.October.2015, I came across an article somehow linking this gentleman with babypips.com. I then went into babypips.com. Man, thanks to God that I have plenty of time to read while at my 08h00 to 17h00 job. I go sooo hooked up at this resource. My passion for Forex Trading got so ratified and I am going all the way to learning about this industry.

As a newbie, my goal is to learn enough, connect with the like-minded and eventually start to trade. Once I hit the ground running, I intent going all the way (applying all the lessons provided) to really make it a success. My intention is to work hard, smart and diligent enough and to really succeed. Eventually I should be able to offer Forex Trading lessons to the less privileged.

I am a proud father of 3 wonderful kids. I have a duty to provide them with a good life. I have a duty to really provide my wife with a better life as well. I have a duty to provide myself with the best life – which includes a bit of travelling and seeing the world with my lovely wife. I have a duty to make a difference in those less fortunate than me. And one day when I pass on (hopefully not soon), I must leave a good legacy to those I shall be leaving behind.

I am now 39 years. I am so aware that my current job alone, might not afford me all these. I am so convinced that allowing myself to learn about Forex Trading and do it the right way, I can achieve all these and more.

Thank you so much for starting this initiative. Many of us will indeed never be the same.

Regards,
MShogole

Hi all!

my name is amedeo and I live in Milan, Italy. Just a 24.year old guy, newly introduced in the world of finance. One year ago I started in a n equity sales team of a french InvBank; then, I moved to a more sophisticated job in a Structuring team, where I stayed until last Wednesday. On Thursday I joined a trading FX&Commodity team. Hope to find lots of interesting things on this site.

cheers,

Hi Guys, I’m Zaak, I’m in the UK on the south coast at the moment, I’m 59. I’m an artist and Wing Chun enthusiast and I can be a bit of a recluse. I’ve been preoccupied about how my life works and what happened to me, my journey, I’ve joined many dots. This leads me on to how does it all work, and what are the truths. I’ve never been focused on money and about a year ago I decided that I would now do just that, focus on making money. As a fundamental in the bigger picture it’s suits me now. I can be a bit of a study junky and avoider of the real world and I’m conscious of that. I’d I’ve been studying economics and the markets inc. BabyPips for 10 months now (thank you BabyPips you are really fantastic) and find great insights and explanations on all aspects of fundamentals, technicals and trading here. I’ve learned so much including about myself that my head has gone to mush and back to other mush, I know that’s how I learn. When I research and prepare a plan it works, I hope that continues. But my desire to learn more and dig is overwhelming, it’s endless. I need to focus on the job, making money and be confident in my decisions.

In case you missed that earlier --> thank you BabyPips you are really fantastic.

Hi my name is Piptonsix.

I am a South African and live in the province of Gauteng.

I have been interested in the foreign exchange market for some time now but have never committed myself to it as a result of other peoples opinions on the subject.

It would appear that many people are very sceptical about the market and it has been this negative response from others that has made me shy away from getting involved.

My wife is a teacher and she is her school’s tennis coordinator. I was chatting to one of her team members, a young man of 16, and he has been trading a practice account for some time. He has subsequently gone live and in his first trade profited to the tune of $500.00.

His advise to me was first complete the School of Pipsology and begin practice trading. Then learn as much as you can from all over and you can be a success. He told me that it is his plan to retire at the age of 30.

This young man has confirmed in my mind what I knew in my heart, that forex trading is not something to be feared but respected.

So, here I am to learn and ultimately succeed in the forex market.

hi everybody,

i’ve just signed up eager to learn more about forex trading. i’ve started trading a year ago and now moved my focus on cfd trading.
i’ve chosen forex because of the possibility to trade “24-7”, so it won’t collide with my job (inorganic phosphorus chemistry)
happy trading everybody!

• infected

My name is George, I do not know much about trades, but I want to be more independent, so few days ago I was talking to a guy who does this already for many years and I think it is a good resource to become an entrepreneur, I have an MBA in business, but it is very difficult tu reach the goals I want by working 8 hours a day for a company, I am from Tampa Florida, US Army veteran and I am pasiona for business… Sale and buy and vice vise verse, I hope to have fun by doing what you guys do… Forex Market !!! whoa

Hi I’m Carmen. I’m in Florida and am new to Forex Trading.

Hello… My Name is Travis87…

Im from Miami Florida… I just got into trading forex and one of my friends referred me to this community don’t really know much about trading but here to gain Knowledge… “i’m here to learn everything i need to Know” so Dr Pip Slow show me everything you got

Hello, My name is Alexander, and I’m from Russia, I develop trading platform megatrader, and I want to give an opportunity to get profit for all public.

Hello, My name is Ives and I’m from China XD.I have a-year experience of stock trading, but Chinese stock market is no very fair, so I want to gain knowledge of FOREX and be a FX-MAN

Hi my name is Tsepo, form South Africa i’m totally new a Forex trading. I was intially enticed by stock trading but my hopes fell short when i realized i’d need a large sum to start in order to make significant return least i traded penny stocks. But then a year or so later i stumbled across this site starting reading school of pipsology and was convinced of the potential Forex has over stocks. I’m glad i have come across this site it offers grate information. How to learn march more and grow my account.

Hello everyone, my name’s John but I’ll be going as RedInSuit!

I’ve been following the School of Pipology and I finished it this weekend. Currently I’m studying all the various methods from the School so I don’t have to go back everytime I’m analyzing a chart. :slight_smile:

I just want to give everyone a BIG BIG thank you!!! for creating not only this forum but also the blogs, school, etc. It’s such a tremendously great source of knowledge where I’m learning every day. My current goal sets are to study the various topics on the School of Pipology and by reading the blogs. Beginning of November I hope to set up a Demo account to trade till mid 2016. By then I hope to have sufficent knowledge and experience to start trading for reals.

Anyways! Thanks all :slight_smile: I look forward to the day where I am knowledgeable and experienced enough to contribute to Babypips so that others can learn from me. (and my mistakes, probably!)

I had an awesome thankyou picture planned here, but I don’t have the required 5 posts yet so that’ll come later!

Hey john, I just finished reading it this weekend as well! I got exact same plan as you, begin to trade Real mid 2016. Im starting to trade a in demo tomorrow! Cant wait to make some trades and see what happens :wink: keep me updated on your progress!

Sounds good! Likewise keep me updated on ur progress.

Hi everyone, my name is Charl. I have been in and out of the forex market over the last 8 years. I am a software developer with more that 15 years experience developing software for corporates so my natural inclination is to try and find a way to automate trading as well as simulate strategies etc. I love doing backtesting and testing various strategies to see their effectiveness. I have over the last year or so picked up my trading again and I am slowly but surely busy building a automated strategy. I think one of the game changers for my was someone by the name of OzFX who introduced a simple strategy that was extremely effective. I have build a system around his strategy and it has been doing ok over the long run (nope, can’t afford the yacht yet :). I have been following babypips for many years and learned a lot of valuable info here. This really is a MUST follow site for any new traders. I would like to add back to the community as well as collaborate on some ideas as have to try and get them more effective. Thanks Charl

Hi,
I am Kolniksace!
I’ve known Forex for like six years but have not taken it seriously enough to make money from this business. I sincerely hope that with my admission into this forum i can make a real headway. Looking forward to a mutually benefiting relationship with you all. Thanks!

Hows it going guys, my name is Conor.
I’m an Irish college student in my Junior Sophmore year in Computer Science and Business, currently i’m 20 years old. I am 3 months into trading now on paper and looking to start for real hopefully in January and looking forward to it :).

My reasons for starting trading was simply because it was fun and interesting. Later the thought of earning some money without being tied down to any place at anytime appealed to me as my days are unstructured from week to week and I’m also in and out the of country a bit. This makes it hard to find part-time work and trading would allow me to have some inflow of cash while not undermining my studies.
Now I’m nearly thinking when I finish college to not go into Software Development but instead take trading more seriously or maybe even go halfway and build software to facilitate my newly found interest for trading,
the possibilities are to good to miss out on and look forward to trading being a big part of what I do.

Best of luck to everyone here and happy trading :slight_smile:

hello all,

and thank you for this great site. I am studying the site like crazy and will soon be opening my first demo account. i will practice for two months as recommended, and then i’m gonna take it to the top! i do not have the background, but have studied a bit in my time and have all kinds of work experience and i am hoping that this will convert into sensible reads of the market condition. to the rest of the newbies, good luck, see you on the flip side!

Well, I’ve been reading several other Newbie threads before introducing myself…
Karyn checking in from South Carolina. It’s comforting to read about others starting on this journey also! Very exciting too!

I’m a total baby newbie to Babypips & forex. So far I feel like I’m still trying to figure out how to suck my thumb!! I’ve been going through the school (and thanks for the school!) to learn as well as learning from the friends that introduced me. I’m still feeling overwhelmed but hopefully will begin to gain traction soon with demo accounts to practice with until I feel prepared to go “all in” with investment.

I hope to reduce the learning curve from all of you.

Cheers!