Saying goodbye - why it's not worth being here

I’m going to do the socially ‘incorrect’ thing and agree that you should leave.

I’ve seen you threatening to leave for quite some time, now. You are clearly feeling fed up with what you perceive are the wrongs being done to you. So leave.

It doesn’t have to be forever, of course, but there is a season to all things and sometimes we just need a break. I think that’s pretty normal.

At the end of the day, Martin, you need to get something out of this too, and right now it does not seem that you are getting it. If you are running into the same problem over and over again, perhaps a change of some kind is in order.

hehe
that’s cool mate, i understand what you mean.

however…

No i haven’t .

i would probably agree with this.

well that’s right
and when i came here i was getting something out of it… Newbies were appreciating the help
and … to a point, they still are
but then there is the other side of it as well… hehe what can you say huh.

so i understand and agree with a lot of what you were saying, but i have not really felt like leaving until now ,
i haven’t really threatened and i would think if you could provide proof (i’m not asking you to , i’m just saying) if you could, it would likely have been a misunderstanding, because i have not felt that way at all until now

sometimes you sit there and scratch you heard and be like “how can people be this dumb” but i never really felt like leaving.

but anyway
manx had a chat to me
he said maybe do it in spurts and be selective about what i comment on, maybe he has a point, i’ll think about it
because honestly there are benefits to staying and to leaving.

i’ll consider it
be cool mate

:neutral_face: umm, TL;DR.
I’m a noob to this forum, and the first few paragraphs clearly shows this as a rant post. Moving on…

I didn’t have to read the entire post to understand what this is about. My question is… is this the very first forum you’ve ever been apart of?

Expect the same FAQ, it’s the same everywhere. Instead of ranting and creating a helpless thread for the “newbies”, accept it as it is; it won’t change.

If you feel hurt by any backlash, my advice to you is not take it personal. Smirk and move on. :v:

[quote=“Martin_K, post:9, topic:135086”]
and the repetition is not the part that bothers me
it’s the total an utter laziness [/quote]
Laziness such as “can someone give me a system that is guaranteed to work” or “where can I get trading signals that I can rely on”, etc. But it is not just the laziness, it is also the näivity that is so prevalent.

But that is, as we know, because there is no screening or selection criteria for trading retail forex as there is for any other equivalent profession. The marketing and advertising in forex scoops in everyone, and in particular those with little understanding of what this is all about. In the main they are just lambs to the slaughter.

The other general cause is that there is no proper educational course for trading as a profession with established credentials and curriculum such as there is for lawyers, accountants, electricians, plumbers, musicians, writers, etc. What there is, is a haphazard mishmash of unregulated, non-rated, sales-based offerings of dubious content, mixed with a whole host of self-made You tubes on just about anything.

One glaring example of this is the general assumption here that it takes at least 5-15 years to become profitable! During my years in the dealing room, I was also involved in the training/induction of new traders and they were up and running with basic stuff and a personal limit within a few months. Of course, institutional forex is about a lot more than just a bunch of guys trading their own whims…

The point being that the door here is wide open and anyone can walk in and say what they like about trading whether the know what they are talking about or not - providing they observe the site rules - and we have to live with that.

BP is a primarily a business and the quality of education on the forum is not a prime objective relative to volume. But, having said that, I do feel that the owners here are actually keen that the site does have its value and well as just the number of posts.

2 Likes

Sorry to read that you are leaving. What you have said here can be true but you have to understand one fact that it is one of the largest forex forums and many new babies are getting help from this forum. I wish you will again think of decision and you won’t leave the forum.

3 Likes

Threaten:

• to give signs or warnings of; portend
  • to announce as intended or possible

A quick search of your post history for the keyword ‘leave’ turns up these results. There are, of course, many ways to threaten an exit without the use of this keyword.

In general, there seems to be a disconnect between what you believe you have said in your posts and what other people understand you to have said in your posts. Since you can’t change the rest of the world, do consider a more careful, calculated and precise use of language. It is, after all, a communication tool, and any tool is only as good as the craftsman that wields it. I suspect that such an approach would cause many of your current problems to disappear.

Punctuation, attention to spelling, and an appropriate use of capital letters would be helpful, too.

3 Likes

yes … hehe that type of laziness
and yes Naivety is a part of it and i don’t discriminate in that respect
however Laziness regardless of age when it comes to WANTING TO GET AHEAD, this is something i don’t understand
they WANT TO BE RICH
yet they don’t WANT to work for it
this is laziness and lack of committment, which , Naivety or not , will lead them to failure.

they are indeed and we are the visitors to the slaughterhouse that are just passing through.

well… there are Uni Courses in Economics, but i suppose if one was to do that , they wouldn’t be here to begin with.

Interesting…
but i would imagine that the training would be much much different and more structured and correct, because if they traded incorrectly they would lose money for the company. so… yeah… not exactly the same thing as the education tab here :stuck_out_tongue:

i agree it’s not high level
but it’s a good place to start
i have literally referred EVERY SINGLE STUDENT that i have trained to this place
and in a way, THIS WAS A FILTER for me

i would tell them to go through the entirety of the School tab (at that time) and if they found it too long or boring… Good bye… next student… thank you have a nice day

it was a filter for me to see if they had patience with boredom
and most did find it boring and didn’t proceed

and i would purposely give a longwinded explanation of basic things, just to drill them through it and see if they had the patience, some stuck with it , most didn’t
the ones that did are doing ok now, one guy is engaged to be married and paying off a house from forex (i’m proud to say that and i’m glad to have been the one to have show him how to save 30 years of financial hell) it’s a cool feeling. hehe.

but yes this site has its own agenda of course, but it is a good site regardless

mate, i guess it comes down to … IS THE PERSON SERIOUS ABOUT TRADING OR NOT ?
this is all that matters in my opinion.

@Nathaniel_Imas
i am rethinking it mate
Give me a day or two to have a think
i’m still also waiting to hear back from the mods, i’m sure that will take a few days, they usually have a lot on their plate, so i’ll wait for that before i make a final call on anything.

@talkun
hehe… a TLDR guy… huh

OK, let me put a new perspective on this for you

you start your reply by saying TLDR which is basically like giving a person the middle finger.
and yet you expect me to listen to your advice… after that… is that about right ?

You’ve been to you tube… right
you’ve heard the saying “why did you even bother replying if it’s too long” Need i say more ?

ok, fair enough, now let’s move to the next point…

so… if you understand what it’s about WHY DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION ? hmmmm
this is why you’re a newbie

Oh… I have, what makes you think i have not.
your mistake though is… this is not useless or helpless to Newbies.

did you think that i just came here to create a post to whinge and let my feelings out LMFAO

Mate, … READ THIS CAREFULLY OK

I DID IT FOR PEOPLE LIKE YOU, SO YOU KNOW WHAT YOU’RE WALKING INTO
now…if you consider it useless… LEARN THE HARD WAY… i don’t care.
you can’t say i didn’t try to warn you

LMFAO :stuck_out_tongue: oH…MY… GOD…
YOU’RE GIVING ME ADVICE… Are you hehe
wow… thanks mate
without you i would never have known to stay calm and not take it personally

I mean…

• I’m 45 years old

• I’ve ONLY been calm since the age of 16 (maybe before you were born)

• I’ve been trading for 7 years and successfully

and… WAIT FOR IT… hehe… You’re giving me advice… O…K…

all i will say is…
DULY NOTED :stuck_out_tongue:

Now… Just so there are no hard feelings, Please understand mate that i am miles ahead of you .
the fact you started with TLDR PROVES you could not teach me anything ok

go away an learn what i’m talking about.
i wish you well in your trading
perhaps one day you will understand what i’m talking about here.

Hopefully you will not have blown your account in the meantime

be cool
(let me guess TLDR) right ?

mate people like you deserve to be given a book like this

i would have tried to give you the respect of a GOLDEN BOOK
like this

but i know it has too many words

Now… if you think i’m being rude
I’M NOT
because a comment like TOO LONG DIDN’T READ means you are expecting 1 sentence or thereabouts
well that’s what that small book with thick pages has

Mate, your TLDR generation is lost because you have no attention span and you won’t succeed at forex because of that TLDR habit

tha’ts genuine friendly advice ok
take it or leave it

1 Like

:cry: :cry: :cry:

I didn’t know you wanted to leave @anon81929759. Or that that was how you were feeling. :frowning:

For a newbie like me, you have been extremely helpful. Somehow, you have helped me become more comfortable in these Forums. :confounded: I know you have a different approach in answering questions and maybe, it just takes a little getting used to for the new ones here! I know you mean well. :slight_smile:

I would say please don’t leave because we really do appreciate all your help! :smile: But, I know that’s plain selfish. I hope you do what makes you happy . And at the end of the day, the decision’s up to you. :frowning:

You’d definitely miss my emojis though. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

:joy: that was good bud and very creative @anon81929759 Thanks.

And yes, I have a short attention span, so unless I start reading something of value to me, I normally just speed read/scan through the posts if it peaks my interests. Unfortunately, a rant post is never effective, and I felt the need to give a little advice.

I’m sorry if I offended you.

@ria_rose
hehe
well now… 9 Emoji’s :stuck_out_tongue:
my decision just became harder hehe.

Mate i know you do appreciate it and it’s people like you that i like helping (sorry… FYI, i’m being serious for a moment now).
mate, You went through the entire babypips course. several times ,
if all newbies were like you , we wouldn’t be having this issue
but they are not

I’m not leaving just yet, i still want to see what the mods have to say, Fair’s Fair and i’ll let everyone have their word in.
and i’m not 100% on leaving yet, it’s more like 95%

and maybe what Manx said is not a bad idea also which i will also consider.
but if i leave, i won’t do so without saying good bye
I will expect at least 10 Emoji’s from you hehe
and know that i always enjoy talking to you and you always put a smile on my face which is good.

but, we’ll see… ok

as for this

well… yes it is
but… there’s a catch
Everyone is selfish .
i’m selfish for leaving (maybe) , Everyone is selfish, but SELFISHNESS is not necessarily a bad thing. even though it is commonly taken to be a bad thing

No No NO… make no mistake
it’s ok to be selfish if YOUR INTENTIONS ARE GOOD
and Yours are
so it’s ok. I understand

by the way… you didn’t put up an emoji for SELFISH hehe
mate, cmon… Not again… hehe

Don’t leave. I respect your honest opinions and so what if other get sensitive. Some of us on here still want your advice and help

1 Like

I kinda got teary-eyed there, @anon81929759 :cry:

Of course! Don’t dare leave without at least saying goodbye! :angry: You’ve been somewhat like a guide to me here so I would be really upset. :confounded: I really enjoy talking to you too and I appreciate the patience you have for my silly questions sometimes. :slight_smile:

It would be weird not seeing your walls of text lol But yeah. Really think about it! :slight_smile: And given that you really put in your time and efforts in making decisions like this, I’m sure whichever route you choose to take, it would be the right one for you. :smiley:

Ahhh, K you worry too much. I got flagged for saying “unicorn farts”, the mod thought it was funny, but someone objected, so flag O Licious. It is what it is, none of us are the be all or end all, if _bob had 10k for every time he was flagged he could buy another Island in the pacific, and pretend to be Gauguin, without the Syphilis of course.

Some will like what you say others will not, thats just the way it is, and I am sure you know this. no doubt you have some interesting observations, but you tend to be verbose, sometimes I just can’t read through everything, it is the same problem I have with holding a position over night, not enough patience.

But, this is not a knock on either one of us, your style appeals to some, and is offensive/tedious/whiny to others. To me, we are all on an anonymous internet board, all we can hope for is that we are not trolled or stalked, and if someone disagrees with us they clearly, and succinctly lay out their objection, and explain, with hard provable facts, why we are wrong.

Other than this, we can’t expect much.

So anyway whether you stay or go, trade on braugh trade on.

The Ever From The “Neutral Planet” VIPER

1 Like

1 Like

thanks mate, i appreciate that.

hehe
yeah, it’d be like the site is empty… right ? like something is missing .
sort of like when you have 3000 emails in your in box and you DELETE ALL and then 1 new email comes in… Kinda seems empty :stuck_out_tongue:

yeah but uincorn farts are pleasant things hehe

yes… and we do not forgive and we do not forget… EXPECT A WALL OF TEXT hehe

OK HERE IS WHAT I HAVE DECIDED

@pipstradamus has responded.
the long and short of it is
he was respectful towards me

i also want to say about that AUSTRALIAN COMMENT, his intention was not malicious nor racial, but it just came out the wrong way
he has apolgized and all is good

now. he has expressed that the OVERALL TONE but not necessarily the words IS A CAR BLUE was the issue

ok… so this is where we get into the subject of Special Little Snowflakes (and… i’m not staring anything here, i’m just saying)
NEWBIES NEED TO UNDERSTAND THAT YOU CANNOT BE OVERLY SENSITIVE OR TOO LAZY when trading

oh and that’s apparently another issue
the word LAZY is apparently offensive

GUYS… A LOT OF PEOPLE HERE NEED TO GROW UP … ok
it’s not fair that others should suffer because certain people can’t get past STICK AND STONES

WHAT I HAVE DECIDED TO DO IS THIS

I WON’T LEAVE
@ria_rose you will be happy to hear this , and your emoji’s were a large deciding factor
@anon46773462 a lot of what you said resonated mate, thank you

what i am going to do is hang back a little
i’ll still be here
i’ll be selected in what i respond to

simply stated, AND THIS GOES AGAINST MY CHARACTER in a way as i like to help
but, if i think a person is a bloody idiot and lazy, instead of helping you to rectify this… i’m not going to respond or care (and to me that feels weird) but i have to so i don’t get moderated

so that’s it then

i’ll work on shortening my posts
i’ll respond to intelligent comments
i’ll respond to people who put in effort and show that they are not lazy

SO… I’M NOT LEAVING THEN, but i will lessen my presence

BE COOL GUYS

i HOPE THIS POST WAS VERY VERY INFORMATIVE TO NEWBIES THAT READ IT .
have a good day guys

1 Like