Scalping (1m and 5m tf)

dobro, you did, see highlighted text in your post:)
of course only up to a point because you may want to experiment in any way you wish.:slight_smile:
I only posted what works for me.
fyer is right, you always trade on the lowest TF you choose and next higher up to watch. The BB 10 1 is the one you really watch for breakout upper or lower Bband and trade on any TF you chose (not to mix up with M1). While you could trade higher TF’s it really is a M1 system (I think), maximum M5, with M15 confirmation. yet I only did this a few times because you still need a lot of screen time, therefore I trade M1. Maybe I am just used to it.
It’s not a “set and walk away” system, also not on M5 entry M15 possible confirm, and on M15 entry M30 possible confirm.
M15/M30 combo was not working for me. Yet, it may work with some modification, or somebody can make it work.
I don’t bother at this point to modify anything since I got it to work for over a year, good enough for me.:slight_smile:
Regardless of TF, you should use BB 10 1, BB 20 2, EMA 50. EMA 8 is optional if you would like a easier view of the candles crossing over the EMA50.
Happy Trading and may the trading force be with you.

I thank both Oskar & Fyer for their responses. I hope it didn’t sound as though I was questioning the strategy or its time frames, I wouldn’t micro trade if i had doubts. I just wanted to get the “instructions” correct and you both posted excellent information. I am happy with 1M/5M although I may observe but not trade 5M/15M to see how it acts. Thanks again for the input, enjoy the holidays (if you enjoy light trading that is.) d

Oskar i would like to talk to you in privat. Is that somehow possible? Thanks and a nice xmas to all here.

agreed - usE the 1m TF to confirm entry fo larger TF !

Awesome,i also scalp the same TF ,but trade th 5m TF and us the 1m for confirmation, also use the larger TF for general direction, but manage to get some pips on the small pull backs wihin the general trend. I use the BB but only at 14-2 on Oanda
If i trade the 1m TF and the price is in a nice pattern, i use the BB when price breaks it on the up and vica versa
Nice post

Can u help me set up m1 timeframe indicator ? Thank sir

working this strategy on volatility 250 too?
PS: confirmation on 5M must be above 50 EMA for long position?