Scalping with HEAT

[I][I][I]

[/I][/I][/I]

Where can I find “heatbars” indicator :slight_smile: or similar on netdania or Metatrader4?

Hello The RumpledOne

I just downloaded the thread someone saved at RapidShare and must I admit…I feel pretty lost.
Tons of valuable information but I still can not find an EA which runs
under MT4 to get more ‘first-hand’ data after running a few tests.

I really would appreciate if you could help out and post a download link here.

Thanks and best regards

Andreas

Good. I am interested in it. Have not had a chance to study it or DEMO it very well.
I am very new to Forex, so I may not “see” as clearly as some people-

If you would be so kind TRO, would you give a little more explanation about it and how to properly read the indicator? Also, generally, what do you feel is the best strategy to use with it? Just go for quick 5 pips then out and wait for another signal? Fewer pips? More pips?

You said Green after Red and Red after Green…I guess you mean only the BRIGHTEST Red and BRIGHTEST Green? Because there are some dark red/green colors.

If you don’t want to retype something you have already gone over in detail in another forum, could you post a link here or PM it to me?

By the look of some of the other posts here over the last day, I am glad to see I am not the only one that needs some help.

Help us Obi Wan TRO…you’re our only hope. Help us Obi Wan…lol

Don’t want to get banned so I don’t post links.

I don’t code EAs.

LOL…

Just FEEL THE FORCE!

TRO

thanks for coming back:)
It’s a bit like a hide-and-seek game isn’t it?:confused:

I still can not find a place where to download indicators which runs on MT4.

Please help,

Thanks

Andreas

What are the name of the mt4 indicators and can you post your template? Thanks.

TRO this may be a dumb question but is heat the same as heat map??? thanks

so your saying that it never takes a loss

I wouldn’t say that. And I don’t think TRO thinks that either. Everyone here accepts the fact that Forex is a cruel mistress. Heat Scalping, IMO, really takes an expert touch, and an experienced understanding of when to pull the trigger and when not to. I do not have the skills for it yet. On DEMO this system kills me. Maybe in time…:smiley:

You are on the internet, if you google search, you will find it.

HINT: “therumpledone free indicators”

No, it’s not a dumb question.

The HeatMap compares the strength of one currency with another.

The TRO HEAT INDICATOR looks at the current price and compares it to the previous bar.

For example, if price is dropping and is below the previous bar’s low, the HEAT is bright red. As price reverses, the color changes and when price is above previous bar’s high, it becomes green.

If you want to go long, just wait for green. Not too smart to go long on red.

I am not sure what you are asking.

Indicators don’t lose, TRADER’S LOSE.

Either the trade is there or it isn’t. Indicators are no substitute for smart trading. In fact, I usually rely on indicators to tell me what NOT to do.

HEAT tells me NOT TO GO LONG when red and NOT TO GO SHORT when green.

On a reversal, just wait for the previous bar’s low or high to be breached by the current bar. If that happens and holds, the reversal is in progress.

Not sure what you mean by “kills me”.

Post a chart and tells us how you got killed.

Sorry TRO, I did not know you replied here. Just found out right now.

What confuses me is this (and I have checked some forums and not found the answers).

Do you just take ANY shade of green after ANY shade of red for a LONG and any shade of red after any shade of green for a short and try to grab 3 or 4 pips?

Or are there specific shades you are trading?

Right now I am only have a 50/50 success rate.

I don’t want to complicate this but clearly there are 2 shades of green and 2 of red. It seems to me that DARK RED after DARK green is a more successful trade and vice versa. Am I right or is it my imagination and just go with any shade after any shade?

Sorry if it seems obvious but I do think it is easier to comprehend when you designed the indicator. lol

If you make more when you win than when you lose 50/50 ain’t bad!

No, I don’t look for any other shades.

What chart period are you trading? That makes a difference. The H1 will give you more pips per trade than the M1.

Hi Avery,
Well this was scalping so I have been using a 5 minute chart for the top 3 or 4 major currencies and only when there is a lot of price range/volatility. Not when things are quiet. Though I have been thinking of using the Eur/CHF because yes, it is a bit quieter but the moves are steadier.

If you are recommending the H1 time frame I will take a look at that, the 30 minute and the 15 minute as well just for the sake of learning.

My profit target is 3 to 5 pips but I would just like to try to get into a time frame that will be a strong probability of getting 5 pips. Any recommendations? Probably 15 minutes or higher right?

OK…so to clarify…

You are only doing a trade if it is DARK GREEN after DARK RED or a DARK RED after a DARK GREEN?

By the way, thanks for responding. It means a lot and will certainly help others and prevent duplicates.

Brian

PS - I assume you wait for the candle to close to confirm it’s final color? Because as the market pips away (nice pun huh) it changes color. I have been waiting for the close to make my move.

i downloaded what I think is the right indicator, but i seem to be missing the bottom indicator window with the heat bars on it and have another window showing multiple currencies instead. have i downloaded the wrong one?

The 2 HEAT indicators that you downloaded are the ones that are posted on the net.

The one with the bars at the bottom was sent, as a THANK YOU, to people who donated to my PayPal account.