Seriously does anyone make a living off this?

This is exactly the reason why expressing success with no relativity is a failure.

I MADE 2000% this month!!!

I risked 10000% to get it though.

i wish i could say i do, but i don’t, lol.

I strongly believe there are people making a living off forex trading.

I remember someone post a News video featuring a Japanese Guy making record earning from Forex alone.

Tried to look for the video again on Youtube but failed to find it. If not, I can share with you.

If any other members remember that video, can show it here to give some motivation for other members.

Yes, there are traders who make a living from FX. That said, I don’t think there are very many traders making a “huge” living.

Every new trader has the idea that FX will make you a millionaire and for a very select few thats possible.

Just be realistic, if it was that easy everyone you know would trade.

Personally, I wouldn’t want to just trade for a living. That would be a pretty isolated life if you think about it. I have a career which I enjoy and it also allows me to trade as I wish (most times) and I use that to provide the extras that just don’t fit into my regular salary.

Just remebmer it takes time and practise, I guess I’m in my 4th year of trading now and I can say I lost money the first year, broke even the 2nd, and from about the last quater of the 2nd year and going into the 3rd year onwards being making consitent green pips.

Just remebmer it takes time and practise, I guess I’m in my 4th year of trading now and I can say I lost money the first year, broke even the 2nd, and from about the last quater of the 2nd year and going into the 3rd year onwards being making consitent green pips.

It’s not common knowledge but I’ve heard that as being the goal/learning curve. I have found it a little faster but I have had a lot of help and time that some traders don’t have. 1st year loss, last 6months consistent pips with an occasional emotionally caused loss.
I like most underestimated the amount of time to learn.

Personally, I wouldn’t want to just trade for a living. That would be a pretty isolated life if you think about it. I have a career which I enjoy and it also allows me to trade as I wish (most times) and I use that to provide the extras that just don’t fit into my regular salary.

I on the other hand absolutely love that side of it. Perhaps the trading itself is a little isolated without forums/chatrooms but do you count being around work colleagues that you don;t really know as fulfilling? :slight_smile:
If you enjoy your career and can do both then that is the most stable you can get as the trading can be an extra bonus!

just would like to chip in here,
i dont make a living via forex,but i am an full time internet marketeer and i love my life,no day job nothing.
just whole day free to do whatever you like(my work is outsourced).
its a great life.
same can be acheived from trading.
just commenting on the lifestyle,not whether it can be done through forex or not.

At the end of the day just make sure you do your best, because thats all you can do. Dont be sitting here in many years thinking “could i have done any better?” If you cant do it, then you cant do it.

Anyone who takes on this job deserves credit wether they win or lose. Dont let anyone with no trading experience call you a fool, they dont know what they are talking about, you have put your hard earned cash on the line for the chance of a better life. So long as you tried your best you can hold your head up high!

I was just saying my perspective on it, and of course it suites some people better than others… lol just not me… haha

At the end of the day, you have to do what makes you happy, thats all that really counts

after 2 solid years under my belt, i am slowly getting there. but i do see in order to make a living off forex if you dont have a big bankroll you do need to go the route of managing accounts and this is not always the easiest thing to do. but keep trading, keep building your track record and the small accounts will add up and turn the heads of the bigger potential clients. all in all trading is the easiest part of developing this business. the hard part is building trust in your business. anything build over night will dissappear, but slow steady progress, built on solid foundation.

I’m living off my trading right now, I’m not making millions but I’m doing pretty well and slowly building my account.

Yes you can make a very good living trading but don’t expect to do it overnight… it takes a lot of practise and a robust strat, to say nothing of your psycology and MM skills.

You don’t need a big bank roll… this is a misconception. You can start small and part time and with the above build this small stake by compounding into much larger figures within a few years where upon you can start drawing off a percentage to live on. As your balance grows so does the percentage draw off. :wink:

Turned all yank have you :wink:

Guys I really do appreciate all these replies and perhaps im judging this poorly but I cant help but notice that only one of you claims to be earning even a reasonable amount. It seems to me like it might be a bit like vegas in the end

I am not living off of my earnings yet because that is not the plan at the moment…

I still have a good full time job until October when I will be switching to trading full time. Just last month I made a little more than I make at my job which was my goal before going full time. I just have 3 months left of proving my plan until it goes into effect. This is proof to me that it is possible and very soon it will be a reality for me. Mentally I have made the transition to seeing Forex as my primary job and my “real” job as something that I do on the side for the time being. It can be done, just one day at a time.

Nope… just can’t spell! :smiley: I see Spain did it… SanMiguel’s all round then. :smiley:

I thought it was a good match but see that a few people are complaining about it :slight_smile:
The Dutch had their chance and choked…oh well :0

1- you will find that most traders on forums are not living off trading, I have seen professional traders leave forums, as forums add yet another layer of “noise” so to speek, to the markets. If you are short eur/usd and you read a post that lays out in detail why they are going to go long, for most people at least it will cause them to question their trade or niggle in the back of their mind if not. Therefore i would say alot of top of the tier traders do not use forums.

2- most traders are under capitalised (ME!), its the reason a lot of people start trading in the first place, to try and make money! You will also find most traders are not lawers and doctors or astronaughts ect. Most are just ordinary people looking for a better life, ie- builders, plumbers, road workers, shop assistants, secetarys, and farm workers (ME!).

3- most people on forums have not been trading long,(less than 6 months). Most wannabe traders give up after a short time, therefore a lot of people on forums have not yet had the time to be successful.

I am not making a living from trading, my goal at the moment is to prove consistancy, since Christmas last year ive only had 1 losing month, and 1 at break even-ish. The rest have all shown profit. (43% for year so far)

My goal is to be in a position by 2011 to be able to trade with 3-5 mini lots instead of 1 or less! If this means i have to cut peoples lawns over the summer for extra cash for my account so be it haha!

Hi Traders

Hope that you enjoy on your job on the Forex market…yes it’s possible to living and make good income on the forex market but before then you become successful forex trader you have to invest time spme fund and ready to learning , if you possess this three point then you have a great change to living and make wealth on the bigest market on the world…

have a successful trading day…

I don’t disagree, that was a general post based on the concensus that 2% is doing well for a monthly ROI.

I am not claiming that 2% is the right or wrong number, just the number I’ve seen thrown around on alot of different sites as how to judge your success or lack there of.

The numbers are merely meant to add a sense of realism to expectation.

If you need to make $3000 a month to make ends meet(replacing your current income) and your only starting with $500.00, well thats probably not going to happen.

Not for a year or two. :smiley:

But consider this… $1000 account and 1% of bal trade for just 20 pips a day. In a little over a year your annual income would be well over $1,000,000. Thats the power of compounding.

Now I’m not suggesting trading 1% of balance on a single trade. How you trade… TF, time of the day and strat will all have a bearing on lot size. But compounding is the way to build a sizeable account then think about a percentage of that figure on which to live and live well at that. :wink: