Simple 5 EMA High/Low scalping strategy

Check your profile page, I left a message for you.

10 pips a day is the goal ( with high lot size )

Today’s results= 10.8 life is good

1 Like

Congrats :wink:

Did you check my email?

1 Like

Someone once said "trading is 10% system, and 90% your mental state.

Well, overtrading plagued my day yesterday. -16 was the total after 12, yes 12 trades! What was I thinking. ( I wasn’t thinking, I was reacting. )
If you trade just to trade well, and not to make money, the secret is that the money will follow.
Good trades come together multiple times a day. I’m learning to wait to find the low hanging fruit. When I climb up into the tree after the fruit, I end up trying too hard and reaching too far and I fall out of the tree.

Friday’s result…emotions in check…system in place…2 trades of +6.3 and +3.9 = 10.2 I’m done trading, now I will just study and learn some more.

10 pips a day, I can do that.

1 Like

I usually trade in the morning, but I got up late this morning. Undaunted, I decided to trade tonight looking for 10 pips.
I hit +27 on Aud/Usd 5M short. Lovin life right now!

1 Like

You still trading this method with MACD right? And waiting for the MACD to cross the 0 line? Even if it crosses the 0 line 2-3 bars after a open outside the 5 EMA do you still take the trade? Or do you just take a trade if MACD crosses just after it has opened outside the 5 EMA?

I am still using MACD. I will enter the trade if it is a candle or two after the “signal” candle. Sometimes I jump ahead and enter on the signal candle if MACD is starting to angle toward the zero line. But that can get you burned on whipsaw market moves,too.
I will attach a screenshot of an example of cathing a nice uptrend. Of course, we wouldn’t be stressing about how far it will go because it moves well past the point of grabbing 10-20 pips. I would suggest moving the stop loss up every 10 pips to lock in profits if it seems like a good move up or down. I need to do that more often, but I chicken out that it will reverse and hit my first stoploss and end up a break even trade.
I still have a lot to learn.

1 Like

dont mind me, but i do realise this requires many patience, you kind of have to wait for a opening position below or above the ema, and when it happens, it will be gone in a flash.

how you guys manage to do that?

thanks for sharing, AmishBuggyFX!

i like this system. it’s fast and simple, perfect for someone impatient like me! haha!

BTW, you should submit your system to the best forex trading system of the month contest! it’s got my vote, for sure!

I started to use this at the end of last week. I like the simplicity of it also.

how did you guys do today on that EU up trend. ouch ! not the best day to counter trend.
I am looking at this strat. I have a few ideas to help with cutting out some of the bad trades and defining the entry point. I have done a similar thing with 2 period MAs on high and low on a daily chart.

Feel free to share your thoughts shr1k! :slight_smile:

Here’s another thing that might help us get a better entry.

Simply enter in the direction of the BB MACD. If it’s red (down trend) only sell. If it’s blue (up trend) only buy.
It does also seem like we could go for more than 5 pips with this!

Somehow I couldn’t upload the indicator as an attachment but you can download it HERE

Thanks Danny, i will try this out. What settings are you using on the BB MacD?

No problem indy! I’m currently using the default settings 38, 120, 20.

cheers,

So are you waiting for the signal candle to close and confirmed by the correct colour on the BB MacD before you enter?

Correct! :slight_smile:

I can see that this will filter out alot of trades, hopefully the bad ones!

How many trades per day would you expect using the BB MacD as a filter?

I am going to try using a trade mangement EA to see if i can set a BE and then jump the SL to lock in the pips, ill let you know how it goes.

Hmm… It’s hard to say how many trades per day. I usually just aim for 10 pips everyday I trade and with the BB MACD as filter I hopefully just need one trade to take down 10 pips.

It could also be smart to look at the 15 min time frame. If it’s going in the same direction as the 5 min it should be a pretty safe card.

Here’s another thought I got about more entrys, if we look at the 15 min and 5 min time frame and see that the BB MACD is going in the same direction we switch to the 1 min time frame and try to find an entry there, as the 5 min wont show as many entrys anymore, this could be another way to find more entrys, or what do you guys think of this?
I don’t have any time to make some backtesting right now so if anyone have time to backtest this it would be great!

here is a look at what I am testing. the PWR indicator is almost the same as ATR its an average of the range from high to low and close to open. I have it set to 1 period. its only looking at the previous bar. I like the idea of looking at very fast indicators and only trying to predict the next bar or the next few bars. I have not looked at SL TP yet with this but I am going to test moving stop to BE + 1 at 5 pips and TP at 10 pips. I will try to keep the trades about 1:1 RR. I have a good trade manager for mt4 I could set up a tight trail to happen at 10 pips profit. The problem is with most mt4 accounts you cant set the stop or TP less then 5 pips simple slipage often messes up any trade manager when its trying to modify an order less then 10 pips away from price. The trade in the pic is a loss but the 2 before were wins.

next trade of the night a win :D(these are on a demo account)