Simple & almost naked. The dream date or the dream system?

The EA doesn’t seem to work with my 5 digit broker, this one seems ok:

TrendMeLeaveMe - MQL4 Code Base

thanks

finally I was able to properly use this strategy
using the indicator + the EA with bars set to 3 to draw the lines on the 1m tf for the eu
got about 12 clean pips today :slight_smile:

Your strategy is great! :slight_smile: But, what are the rules of your system? You finish positive every day? How much % is possible to do weekly with this method?
Best!

I have to say Blizard, your strategy is the best !!

Even for a total noob like me :slight_smile: I can make a few pips a day. If only i didn’t have this damn day job lol :wink:

Using the eurusd 1minute time frame 3 Bars
I had 4 losses and 3 wins (6-8 pips)
are those results normal?
and using the eurusd 5minute time frame 3 Bars
only had 1 trade this whole day, and it was a win with 12 pips
how can i improve? should i always wait for a retrace?
i really want this system to work so i can add it to the other system im using

Hi Sandy, thats great to hear, i was really hoping stockneon could modify the EA for the new rules.

thanks

I was hoping too, but i guess he is busy, is anyone else here willing to amend the original EA?

Also Blizard, i have found for me, that is on the 5min chart, with minibars at 4, i am happy to scalp even just 1 or 2 pips per trade. I know i can go higher like you guys, but im just trying to nail being consistent at trading :slight_smile:

Your strategy really has helped !!

I can say though i have been running this strategy on 10 pairs and the results are all the same, pretty successful. I think the important thing is as long as there is plenty of movement in the pair then we will have enough room for a good level of profit in the range of 10-20 pips.

Seems odd to say but i dont think the pair which is being traded matters. I think this strategy would work well during the Tokyo market hours providing we have a good pair which is being traded during that time.

Anyone know any i can try? Im just curious to see if my theory holds true?

Thanks.

thanks again Sandybeach, ill take a look.

Hi blizard, is it any fibs level that you will avoid a trade when trendline breaks near the fibs or just the 100 and 67 level? or are you using pivots exclusively instead for now?

Hey Sandybeach, maybe AUDJPY, as both sessions overlap? :slight_smile:
Can i ask out of the 10 pairs; what do you think is the second best pair next to eurusd?
Thanks Sandybeach

Hi Nigelng, im currently using the trendlines EA to enter trades and drawing trend-lines manually on higher time frames like 1hr. I woke up this morning up 150 pips in 3 different pairs on the 1 hour time frame while sleeping. If you notice in the 1st and 3rd trade i missed the proper entry dot last night as the price had moved passed it so i just drew the trendline at the obvious next support level. If I had drawn these lines maybe a few hours before, i would have been up more than 200 pips. Honestly I like using the EA to enter the trades and on a 1 hour time frame, i can check in on the trades much less frequently and they are much more profitable.

Im not using any pivots or fib levels on this 1hr time frame as the candles do most of the talking and the true support levels are clear.

You can use the EA i posted above but you will need to move your stopp loss manually . Im currently giving iDraw 1.4 a try as it has a cool trailing stop loss feature that uses ATR and SAR so once the trade is entered, it trails the stop loss automatically.

thanks

Interesting question Christinaa. Just a recap this is what i am watching at the moment:

EURUSD
GBPUSD
AUDUSD
USDJPY
USDCHF
USDCAD
EURGBP
EURJPY
GBPJPY
AUDJPY

I find that the GBPUSD and AUDUSD to be quite reliable, they will be similar to EURUSD in movement and direction, but you will get entries at different times hence following them. I find anything with JPY to be more prone to loss trades, but the most stable i find are:

EURUSD
GBPUSD
AUDUSD
USDCAD
EURGBP

But for me the 2nd best is GBPUSD. But i think the JPY ones are the most risky, possibly due to the turmoil with the Japanese economy, but then we can say the same about the EUR, possibly just as Tokyo sleeps when London is open.

I have been shortlisting another 5 or so currency pairs to watch, i am trying to find a set of pairs where this strategy does not work, but i can’t. To be fair the more i scrutinise this strategy the more i like it :slight_smile:

But as a note the way i am trading Blizard’s strategy is to only take trades in the direction of the daily trend. It does mean fewer trades for me, but it does mean almost no losses.

I do believe that if you combine this with the pivots and fibs rules and are a skilled trader the win to loss ratio with this strategy would be very low!

I am simply following so many pairs just so i can learn as much about forex and this strategy as possible.

What i would recommend is follow a few pairs, the more movement a pair has the better chance for entry points. This is why i only trade between 0900 - 1600 UK times, so i only look for entries after the London market has started at 0800 and the main trend should be started by about 0830 if there is one, so bty 0900 things should be nice for me, and i stop at 1600, so that i dont get caught out at 1700 when London closes by lack of movement.

Most of the losses i have seen with this system is trading in the London evenning or early hours during the dead zone. This only proves the more movement going on the better for this strategy, so i think this can work in a ranging and trending market providing we get lots of movement :slight_smile:

What do you guys think? Possibly this being an alrounder strategy?

Blizard how do you find trading this strategy on the 1 Hour chart? I guess bigger profits, but what about losses, i have noticed that with this strategy the higher the timeframe the less chance there is for error, does that seem the case?

Hi Sandybeach, yes the higher the time frame the more valid and accurate the signals and trend-lines are. Eventually I want to maybe check the charts 2X daily so the 1HR time frame lets me do this. The system work on all time frames, even the 1 minute as other members have illustrated. The only question is how many pips do you want, and how much time do you want to stare at the charts. I was thinking this morning, on the 1 or 5 minute time frame, how long it would take me to scalp the 150 pips i automatically woke upto this morning on the 1hr time frame.

The second issue is the spread. If you are going for 10 pips on the 5 minute chart than you are paying a 20-30% commission (2-3) pips. On the 1 hour time frame, im going for 50-75+ pips so im paying 4-6% commission.

The only advantage to trading the lower time frames is you can trade a larger lot size because your SL maybe only be 10-15 pips away so you can make more money if you are carefull.

thanks

Blizard, what about say SL is as standard rules, TP is 50 pips (i know low, but just an example). If were trading the 1 hour chart? Im just thinking about setting it overnight.

My logic is i have been testing on a 100 euro demo account which is the same as my real account, your 5 min strategy works great for 1% risk, maybe 2% when im a better trading and gain confidence. On the hour charts i have been experimenting with between 0.2% - 0.5% for risk on breakout strategies, would this be sufficient?

Also Blizard are you using a different level of risk per trade on the 5min and 1 hour charts?

Also take a look at hotforex for a broker, if you setup an affiliate account first and then setup your main account through the affiliate, you get 60% of the spread back, which is one reason why i am happy with low scalps. With the spread, this is something i have found an issue. Some of the JPY pairs from 22:00 to 0600 UK time, can have high spreads in the range of 8 pips etc, so normally profitable trades can become breakeven, this is not true for all the pairs, but one reason to choose highly active pairs as best, but on the hourly charts, this is not a major issue. Trading the daily charts would prove interesting indeed.

You know with the new rules for the HH and LL trend lines, this could be a nice addition to scalping.

For example if im just scalping the 5min EURUSD during the day and have the 1 Hour EURUSD open as well, you could double your trades from both, providing you catch the 1 hour chart.

I’ll have to find some times to setup a new MT4 session with all the pairs i mentioned before but on the 1 hour charts. But going for a 50pip profit. You have me wondering now…

Blizard looking at EURUSD, 4 hours ago, could of got 50 pips in one hour from the breakout sell. Or about 120 pips at the current price.

This could be a nice addition to scalping and provide a good hedging approach, if we loose in one, the other might compensate? But i think anything above 1 hour is too big for me, just as i don’t have the patience and my pockets in my live account are not big enough to handle any drawdown which could happen.

I’ll try get my MT4 demo running for the 1hour from tonight onwards and let you guys know the outcome from all the pairs i got. But i have the feeling already, going for a basic 50 pips and then a 15 pips trailing stop onwards would be nice, well thats what i would do anyway.

Forgot to mention i will be using Stockneon’s EA for entry and exit, running it 24/7 on minibar 4.

AS A NOTE, DO NOT LEAVE THIS EA RUNNING WITHOUT WATCHING IT, I AM DOING THIS FOR TESTING SO IT CAN MARK ENTRY AND EXITS WHILE I AM ASLEEP AND AT WORK SO IT SAVES ME TIME, SO I CAN ANALYSE EVERYTHING AFTERWARDS.

I think the minibar 4, will give few entries but bigger dips. I’ll let you you know my initial results by the end of Friday. If this works well i’ll keep it running 24/7 next week, i am curious to see if the nights make any difference for the 1 hour charts.

Also Blizard, you know what might work well. If an EA was scalping 10 pips on the 15 or 30 min chart. You might get almost Zero fakeouts, across multiple pairs.

The more we test this strategy the more flexible it appears.

Also Blizard, do you trade say 30 mins before a major news release with this strategy? I don’t see it affecting trades negatively, just trying to decide if its worth not trading 30 mins before a major news release on the currency pair were trading?

Thanks

Hi Sandy, i use the new rules now for the HH and LL trend lines on all time frames even scalping. Now that we have the breakouts down, im working on a system to pinpoint exact tops and bottoms to really make things fun. This system also uses the swing ZZ but combines with bollinger bands and OSMA. here is the preview sir:

Rule #1 Swing ZZ dot must close outside BB line
Rule #2 Wait for OSMA color change and enter trade.
EXit when price crosses ATR stop Loss Line

really simple and great for scalping. Just working on a system to reduce the fake outs. Alteast the risk to reward with this setup is awsome.

How intriguing lol, just when i think your finished, BAM a new suprise, which i like :slight_smile:

Are these two new rules to be used with the existing rules for your system?

If these two new rules work, it might make a nice super scalping system, if were on the 1min chart and even grabbing 1 pip profit for example.

But im more thinking, will these two new rules help to rule out fake outs? If it does, it could maximise our pip profits and increase the success rate even closer to that holy grail of 100%.

You know i think you may have something. This may help our exits more than the entry, as i always close too early.

Will be watching this on the 5min EURUSD for the time being (4 minibar).

But this does look like a great addition.

Thanks Sandy, i will attach the new inidis. It would be nice to catch those breakouts much earlier and have an extremely tight SL. The SL is on the open price of the previous candle in most cases. The issue is you will get 1 or 2 fake out before you catch the actual tops and bottoms so you would need to double up for the next entry. Any other suggestions that would help to identify the true tops and bottoms would be great. I tried a couple of volume inids like the BW_MFI but they are not very clear. Any help would be appreciated.

thanks

120523012117-78383.zip (2.25 KB)

It would be nice to enter at the very top, am I asking too much?:60: