Slippage question

Yes; it tends to be true of many “brokers” occasionally, and especially around times of anticipated high volatility (such as economic/fundamental announcements/news).

Again, be aware, also, that Oanda [B]isn’t[/B], strictly speaking, a “broker”: it’s a counterparty market-maker: you’re trading directly against them, and [I]it’s inevitably going to produce the occasional problem when your counterparty also holds your funds and makes up and interprets the rules governing the transactions[/I].

Brilliant reply.

Before we throw stones at a broker,

we.need to be sure of the facts and take a contextual view of what happened.

When FXCM cut me short of an order, ages ago, they refunded what was due… It was a system error, and they subsequently wrote to all clients.

Happy trading.

note that my open position to my stop loss was around 100+pips, this was taken into account of the technical and fundamental reasons, so now my choice was hit due to 6 pips difference. and i never expect it to turn out this way due to their spread. i just started trading with them for about 5 months. i dumped my previous broker cos’ i deemed them to be charging wide spreads. i have been around trading for 3 years and this is my first time encountering this.

You will learn many new things every day in forex. As your career progresses you will find many things that will amaze you, distract you, disappoint you but you have to overcome all of such difficulties to become a good trader.

Hi everyone. After latest FOMC announcement and high volatility on market I’d like to discuss annoying issue -
slippages. How do everyone trying to reduce it influence on one’s trading?

I have seen a lot of statistics from different brokers in percentages, but haven’t seen any statistics in points (USD).

Does anyone calculate such statistics for own trading?