SMTP server for MT4, Java Applet loading Q

Please, can anyone using an iphone to trade forex tell me…

I’m about to buy an iphone for my fx trading because it will be more portable than a laptop PC. Can I use EXPERT ADVISOR on iphone? Is the trading experience just exactly like trading on a computer… Or are there differences?

I need a small device with EXACT trading experience like that of a PC (like moving chart, same way of placing trades, same MT4 interface etc) so I don’t have to start learning something new there… Thanks.

I really dont think theres anything out there like that yet, a mobile MT4. Maybe you can get a small laptop. There are apps for basic charts and stuff like that but nothing I know of that will allow indicators and such. If you want to keep an EA running just use your desktop PC for trading and leave MT4 open.

There’s MT4 for Windows Mobile but I would think that EAs are a little complex for that kind of platform. I have tried a couple of iPhone trading apps and they only do the basics of charts and managing trades although they do that quite well.

And how did this question get into a thread about SMTP? Weird.

I know there’s an app for Android that allows you to interact with an EA running on a machine somewhere, but I don’t think there’s an iphone version. Basically you have to run this EA on your machine at home (or wherever) and the app on your phone interacts with that machine to make trades or to allow you to get a current status of whatever bot you may have running.

Thanks everyone,
@Romad7, I looked for where else I could ask my question… found none. I saw "…applet…"
I needed just the “apple”.

Apple, applet, its all the same right?

Just joking though, I’ll take a good question in the wrong thread over a BS question in its own thread anyday.:smiley:

Good luck