Sunday Breakout Strategy

Good good, waiting for the Monday breakout pending orders of GBPUSD and EURJPY

Are we entering a new order for EURJPY or continue with the previous weeks order, if it is stil there ? (I have closed mine on Wednesday for a little profit)ā€¦

letā€™s wait for philp838

Opening a new one. You should (and did) close it out for profit by the end of the week if it doesnā€™t hit the TP.

could someone post figures for GBPUSD + EURJPY?

thanks,

GBP/USD

Long: 1.6689
Short: 1.6643

TP is 168 pips and SL is 36.

EUR/JPY

Long: 132.05
Short: 131.39

TP is 189 and SL is 66.

hmmmm, I am thinking of writing an EA to place orders when I am in office, itā€™s 10am here, or should I just use the code itā€™s available?

my broker is in gmt2 timezone, and have 2x 1 hour candlesticks when itā€™s GMT 0000

hmmmmm,

my EA would be like to enter the values manually into the ext variable, and once detected, they would be placed?

I donā€™t think I want to use my brokerā€™s 2 hour candlestick + philip838 sunday breakout, hmmmmm, still considering,

Thatā€™s what I would do in your situation.

That, or change brokers. :slight_smile:

Or you could backtest the system with the data your broker has. The system will probably still work, but I wouldnā€™t just assume it does.

I canā€™t change brokers, thereā€™s only 2 Australia brokers that use MT4,

• halifax; applied like 1 month ago, and only got the webbased login, mt4 login has not arrived
  • go market; very efficient, startup like a year ago?

how do i backtest the data my broker has? I thought EA only downloads data from mt4 central server?

do u mean manually? hmmm,

Yeah, manually. :slight_smile:

And if you got MT4 from your broker then it gets itā€™s data from your broker, not MetaQuotes. EAs use the same data thatā€™s shown on your charts.

Why do you have to use an Australian broker? Most US and EU brokers accept Australian clients, donā€™t they?

OMG!!!

I thought u have to go to history centre (f2), and download the figures? and use it from there?

but they donā€™t do AUD base currencyā€¦

Wow! the TP only 168 now. I need to update my %.

First time going live on this and I stuffed up. I placed two buy orders instead of a buy and sell. Costly mistake.

Most of the time my range agrees with the posts on this forum but this morning it was:

Long 16696 (including 10 buffer and 3 spread)
Short 16646 (incl 10 buffer)

Regarding the ATR, do you wait for the reading off the 13/9/09 weekly bar or do you use last weeks bar. Last weeks ATR was 414 and this week it is 359.

I use IBFX

Regards
Sean

Hello,

Iā€™m new to this thread. I want to know how do we calculate the ATR?

ATR is average true range. Your broker should have this indicator as part of the charting software

BE on short trade.

BE on short trade on GBPUSD?!?! what happen?
back from meeting, itā€™s moving down even further,

BE when 1.6571, right? now iā€™m moving to BE

Hi Sean,

Iā€™m not sure whatā€™s going on with your numbers. Iā€™m using IBFX as well and I just double checked my numbers. The ones I posted earlier are the right ones on my chart.

Iā€™ve recently switched from an IBFX demo to a live account. Live and demo could be a few pips different. Maybe thatā€™s itā€¦

Can anybody else on IBFX post their numbers so we can figure out whatā€™s wrong?

I read the ATR as it is at midnight GMT. Thereā€™s an indicator in the zip file on the first post that shows an up-to-the-minute ATR.

Iā€™m not sure whatā€™s causing it, but I like it. :slight_smile:

Yeah, BE is 1.6571.

I got pretty much seanā€™s numbers. im on IGmarkets