Sunday Breakout Strategy

This week’s trades are:

Long: 1.6452
Short: 1.6381

This weeks trades have a stoploss of 61 pips and a profit target of 259 pips.

Good luck! Let’s hope we all pull a “Lavaman” and get a winner this week! :smiley:

Haha, I got my orders in place! :smiley:

Thanks, now a quick question on my charts the hi matches yours but the low is off by 2 pips. My low was 1.6393.

So should I go according to what my brokers shows or the numbers you posted

2 pips difference between brokers is common. You can go with yours or mine, it doesn’t matter. Either way is just as likely to win/lose.

I’m not telling you one way or the other because if I do and you end up getting stopped out by one pip I’ll feel guilty. :slight_smile:

What software are you using? I know in Metatrader 4 and in Oanda you can set up the SL and TP in the pending order, but I’m not sure about other platforms.

My pending orders do it all. I have it set up where I don’t have to do anything else, besides move the stoploss to breakeven once they get to 122 pips profit.

How did you guys find the indicator?
I let it email to me~

Candle High : 1.6442
Candle Low : 1.6391
ATR : 518

OSP Buy : 1.6452
OSP Buy SL : 1.6391
OSP Buy TP : 1.6711

OSP Sell : 1.6381
OSP Sell SL : 1.6442
OSP Sell TP : 1.6122

Stop Loss (pips) 61
Target Profit (pips) : 259
Reward to Risk : 4.2

I’m using the same broker I use for options and stocks. They have there own platform. I guess I can use a OCO order

It worked great! :slight_smile:

I went ahead and figured everything manually just to make sure it was right, and it was spot on with my calculations.

Next week I’m going to trust it and not bother doing the math myself. :smiley:

The only real improvement I’d like to see is it drawing the lines on the screen. If you can do that then it would be perfect.

I’m ready for the week and have orders in place…Cant wait to see what happens now!!!
Thanks

Where can I get the indicator? I might switch brokers to one that uses metatrader

that should be easy, I saw one of the indicators writing up a code for it, I think I just have to copy and paste,

What lines do you want? All 6 lines? And what color too? Green for buys and red for sells?

OSP Buy : 1.6452
OSP Buy SL : 1.6391
OSP Buy TP : 1.6711

OSP Sell : 1.6381
OSP Sell SL : 1.6442
OSP Sell TP : 1.6122

http://forums.babypips.com/free-forex-trading-systems/23601-sunday-breakout-strategy-11.html#post111132

Do you want to post this link below in your first post?
http://forums.babypips.com/111132-post104.html

So that they could get this indicator, and I will always update this post with any updates?

Oh, and it needs to leave the data on the screen for longer than 5 seconds. :smiley:

I still got the numbers from the email, but I’d rather have had them on the screen.

It’s still showing up in my screen. I opened at 1 min to 00:00 GMT and after an hour later (now), it still shows that.

Unless you have some other indicator which overwrites “comment”? Or you have reopen the program?

Currently, it will only do its calculation when it passed 00:00:00 til 04:00:00. It does not work if u open it after this period.

Good idea, I edited the first post with a link to yours.

And your right, my candletime indicator was writing a blank comment over it. Not sure why… I commented out that code on the other indicator and all is well now.

I draw all 6 lines on my chart, plus a line at the 2x breakeven point. Now that I think about it, how about an alarm at the breakeven point? I set them up manually on the MT4 alerts tab now, and to have them go off automatically would be great. :slight_smile:

You could have an option for people to turn them on/off in case other people don’t want alarms.

My sell just triggered. Let see where it goes from here.

P.S. What brokers do you guys use? Looking at the reviews none of them look reputable.

I need to add the spread to the stop loss as well right? For the short it should be 65 with a 4 pip spread right?

I think there’s too much stuffs in the comments, I think I will remove the comments, and draw it on screen?

Done!

[B]Version 2 - 2009.06.15[/B]

• option to email and sound alert (for the move SL to BE when profit = twice of SL)
  • to draw the 8 lines on screen
  • remove displaying of the values on screen (too messy)
  • added “move SL to BE when profit = twice of SL”

http://forums.babypips.com/111132-post104.html

Awesome!!

This is a tremendous help, you’ve done a great job on this!!