Supply/Demand, VSA, Wyckoff with Petefader

Fakeout?

How will you guys be using VSA to pre-determine an outlook for the NFP release? Or do you look at totally avoiding it?

We’ll, I haven’t worked with Justin Beiber yet, but I’m doing my thing lol. I wrote/played/recorded all the music on this track for an indie EP…coming spring 2012. It’s not the final mix yet… Rise Up premaster.mp3 - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download
There is a built in player, no need to download…unless you want to.

I don’t trade until after the release.

Hahaha funny! :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s not the final mix yet… Rise Up premaster.mp3 - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download
There is a built in player, no need to download…unless you want to.

I usually don’t listen to that type of music but this was actually really good! :slight_smile: Is it more like a hobby or do you make money off it?

If you look at the chart now, that will also answer your question!!!

Thanks. Yes, I own a pro studio and do paid projects there, as well as my own. I had always imagined producing music would be my full time job after paying my dues, but the music industry…ah, don’t get me started lol. I’ve been on tour, signed autographs and all that (I’m not telling you the bands name lol). I actually don’t want any part of it anyway, indie music is where it’s at…pays less but totally satisfying, and you don’t feel like a wh***. :slight_smile:

Plus, I probably wouldn’t have found the freedom trading I had “made it”. With the free time and a decent financial situation, I now doing exactly what I want. F#$@ the man! That’s rock and roll baby, lol.

Sound good Pete. Had a listen to it, and in my mind, it has a bit of a Faith No More overtone in the instrumentals (Ashes to Ashes), but hey, I like Faith No More anyways :slight_smile: It s great to have the side interest. Mine is photography, and with such a beautiful state as the one I live in, there is an endless array of subject matter here, nature, wilderness, scenery, urban, and of course the beautiful models :slight_smile:

From your christmas sentiments posted earlier, hope everyone has a great christmas, including an enjoyable break from trading. My year has been one of discovery, and after the last few turbulent years, am finding that I am coming through finally. I realise the “Holy Grail” most people look for does not exist, however my own personal holy grail, I believe, has been found with assistance from VSA. No get rich quick, but slowly build the bank until it is of a level to start replacing my own wage and step back a bit from work. That will allow me to “smell the roses” once in a while and devote much more time to my 4 year old son, who, since separating a few years ago, I don’t get too much time with.

After my setbacks from the last 3 years, I am back, stronger and harder to get rid of. In for the long term and trading will be one of the tools to help me create a better life for myself and my son. Also look forward to having a brain full of useful knowledge so I can be helpful for other traders out there one day :slight_smile:
That’s enough for my musings tonight. Not trading on NFP Friday, so I will try to get an earlier night (0125am here).

Good luck to everyone and see you next week :slight_smile:

Sounds cool! :slight_smile: So you’re a former rockstar sitting here teaching VSA? Just kidding :smiley:

Did you trade for a living when you first started the 1500 pips thread? Just tell me if it gets too much off topic here :stuck_out_tongue:

This was somewhat intriguing to read. I just want to say Good luck to you and your son. Have a great weekend! :slight_smile:

By then I was living off trading mainly, yes. Nah, the band never made it big but we toured with successful bands opening up for them. Anyone catch that ND short? Caught it with a 20 SL and TP, but left a small peice on to run at BE.

…weakness in the background, look to sell after up moves, it’s distribution as I’ve been saying. 1hr gave reverse upthrust, and that is really a proper one because it touched new high ground for the week. We know those fake breaks often mark the end of distribution into markdown, hence my holding of a small piece with no tp.

No I didn’t take that trade because the volume was decreasing on the privious candles aswell. I thought it would be better to stay out, maybe I was wrong… I usually don’t like to put my SL right above the ND either, as it has been hit a few times when I did put it there, I feel much more comfortable putting it above the top.

Faith No More is one of my favorite bands. That song was actually inspired by a Mr. Bungle riff…so you were REALLY close lol. (it’s the singer’s other band).

…and yeah man, you obviously have the dedication. I look forward to seeing you get there.

I hear what you’re saying, especially about SL…but I’ve been hoping for a pop above weds high to short. Maybe some experience came into play. Price didn’t “belong” up there in the first place…it’s was manipulated, rather than a healthy up move with a reasonable cause behind it. It looks very similar the example to start off video 3 in the “truth” series…just exaggerated.

I was also thinking of the ‘rule’ “weekness is seen on upbars” is it not applied here? Because the previous up candle didn’t have much volume at all. Or maybe this is what you’re saying “experience came into play”.

True, the 1hr didn’t do the up bar/weakness thing, but I took it as weakness due to the pin on top, huge volume and most importantly the reaction. I also looked at the 1min chart to see the news action…that is an up bar. It’s really typical of SM to do what they did today…and even more obvious to do it on news. Just like I was talking about yesterday. I don’t want this trade to confuse people so…really just know experience played a part.

…my trail was just hit at 52 pips. I put it there because price is at yesterdays low…and I don’t want to sit though a reversal or hold over the weekend.

Understand why this rule exists. When SM sells high (distribution) they do it in a way that doesn’t mark down price yet…intentionally to hide their actions and continue to get higher prices from those going with the trend. Allowing candles to close bullish while they sell is typical. Plus, most indicators calculate by using the close of a candle…so it’s sure to be misread.

Today’s situation marked the end of Distribution with a fake breakout…a reverse up thrust news trap (reverse cause it closed bearish). I shorted on the assumption that the waiting for those higher prices was over for SM and that this was “it”. Again, it’s experience coming into play. After a while you not only have clear definitions of what to look for and do, but you know why you are looking for that…and if things deviate, you can get a read on things. For most people reading this, you’re not there yet but you will be.

Closed to soon eh? ok, I don’t cry over missed pips…usually lol.

Aah I see :). I saw obviously weakness on the 5 min due to the huge upthrust + high vol, but when the 1hr closed in the middle & bearish, I was more thinking “Maybe it’ll go up there one more time before the mark down begins”.

Anyway good catch and congrats to a nice friday bonus! :slight_smile:

So far it’s a 110 pip move with no draw down, off a no demand, after a news fake break up during distribution. You gotta love VSA…thanks Tom and Richard. :wink:

I have an alternative strategy in the November competition if anyone is interested in reading/voting.

Don’t shoot me down but it is not VSA … lol

SHI channel strategy.

Didn’t see the reversal coming this afternoon… I have a way to go before I get VSA sussed. Ah well next week is another week - only trading this on demo at present anyways… Back to the books and Pete’s video’s look interesting too - will have a look at those tonight

Regards

Froggy

“I have an alternative strategy in the November competition if anyone is interested in reading/voting.”

No thanks.

“Don’t shoot me down but it is not VSA … lol”

Bang, bang.

“SHI channel strategy.”

uggh.

“Didn’t see the reversal coming this afternoon…”

Obviously lol.

“I have a way to go before I get VSA sussed. Ah well next week is another week - only trading this on demo at present anyways… Back to the books and Pete’s video’s look interesting too - will have a look at those tonight”

I’m just having fun with you man, good luck. :13: