Supply/Demand, VSA, Wyckoff with Petefader

I though about closing half of this last 1/3 on that last dip, but decided to chance it. Got a phone call and now look…Looks like supply coming in as I type this so gonna wait a little longer. Might have been the right call, but as for good trading I think I should have banked some there.

edit: Holy shnikees was it ever the right call lol…Wow wtf happened.

Ah hahahahaa!!

Closed up the rest +38

Oh man!! IBFX cut the feed…I hate when they do that. Was considering closing.

edit: luckily it was only for a few seconds. Just closed at 3410 for +63 pips :slight_smile:

Yeah, I heard the boing…these moves, nice as they are, can easily reverse…plus the ibfx cutting out…who knows what is going on. Too bad I had only one position to play with, but anyway…happy with the outcome today.

Well what can I say… 2 pips away from joining the ride… :rolleyes:

For the record…the other ND entry, that I did point out here in real time, was the right place to get in. 80 pip move so far with no draw down.

…Leading up to and shortly after news release, there are slightly different principles at play. Signals are less trust worthy, but once the news move has been established, it’s valid to analyze that…and put more weight on the fact that the news move can easily reverse, especially if it was counter background.(up on news during weakness)

Pretty sick… I seriously think that putting BE too early kill my longer trades about 60% of the time. I don’t know how many times my BE have been hit before it really start to shoot. I kinda feel like one in the herd when that happens lol :p. To be honest, the only times I’ve had negative trades (or BE hit) is when my SL is too tight, It has never been hit when I stick to my inital entry or if I would have been sticking too it. I hope I don’t sound too frustrated here Haha!

Can you interpret what this test is showing please? I understand how to look for successful tests for supply right before an up move, but as for how they form/what they look like at the top of an up move, I’m slightly unsure. Is it both those final 2 bars, or just the final bar? Many thanks.

I hear you. You can never be sure what a trade is going to do…you see my attempt to play both sides. Walk away from a rangy day with pips…or a moving day with more pips. If you think giving the setups more room will do you good, by all means…tweek your personal method. By now you know the principles to work from.

i nw regret closin my trade and goin 2 bed. @pete pls wen do u normaly close ur chart 4 day? time shud b in gmt pls…am nt happy missin dis more dan 80pips.

Normally I would end at 16gmt but not these days. US session has moves later now…more often than I’ve seen in a long time.
It’s best to be flexible and aware of the latest conditions.

tnks may God bless u pete.

im in no way as experienced as pete. but really the only way to be prepared for something like this is to find a news site and see when news is planned to hit. Even then you wouldnt wanna trade it. I was extremely lucky. I had no idea news was due this time of day, and was actually contemplating closing my trade, but a phone call distracted me. Then BAM!..it came outta nowhere.

News this time of day is rare and dont feel at all bad about missing it. You will catch a lucky break at some point as well if you stay after it.

The only way I ever “trade” the news is if I was already given a signal and I am in profit and locked at BE. Otherwise conserve your capital, especially at 1:40 est in the afternoon. There was no way to know which way the news would take it.

edit: actually just read what pete wrote above, after rereading your post i see this is mildly related to what you wrote lol

That’s true, I have to tweek it to what fits my style. But don’t you feel the same sometimes?

Yeah, but you can find your self chasing your tail on this issue. There have been plenty of times when grabbing that small partial TP and locking BE gave me winning days, or even a week, that would have otherwise been LOSS. I think I’ve found a happy medium.

I’m not sure what I can say that hasn’t already been said…and in the videos where it’s better explained. Today was so simple if you watch the videos.

Closed all out here.

Late evening trade. Test. Demo.

Accumulation with stopping volume and no supply candles. TP set with risk:reward 1:2 below critical Fibonacci area.

Me too.

Although there appears to be quite a bit of resistance.

Part of me thinks there may be more supply to come …