Supply/Demand, VSA, Wyckoff with Petefader

Yes, that makes sense to me, hopefully I will be able to think it through and come to such conclusion in the near future,

The best plan is probably to wait 'till after 3, when all the news has been done, I bet there will be a much clearer picture then, and the news is too close together to get any more scalps in I think.

So why weā€™re not trading fancy telling us about why increasing volume doesnā€™t support a move with Tick Volume, I had a look at the charts and I can see it doesnā€™t, but decreasing volume does indeed indicate a lack of support right?

Right, with tick volume we donā€™t need high volume to ā€œsupportā€ a move and tell us there is big money in it. Itā€™s the positioning before hand that shows us the SM behind it.

And yes, low volume in the right place DOES show a lack of involvement by SMā€¦as well as the heard in the case of ND/NS.

Having said what I did in my analysis post, Iā€™m ok with missing an up move from here if that happens. With all the supply, I donā€™t think longs are safe, yet.

But, there is a good chance in these cases for the ā€œgolden setupā€ as I call it. Simply the first 50/618 retrace after a markup has begun. A very high probability and fast moving setup.

Actually, wonā€™t this be somewhat the case with actual traded volume, Iā€™m just going from what I read in MTM and what I know, I know that actual traded volume is not released for 15mins after the trade, and that might well be in slots of 15 mins so it could be up to an hour, and also exceptionally large transaction are delayed longer,so if this is the case, you would certainly want to know the positioning to the left. And that might possibly indicate that there is an advantage in using tick volume over actual traded volume.

(geeā€™s that made my brain hurt a bit)

Thanks for that, Iā€™ve been reading too much into that side of it.

I was going through the thread last night and saw an earlier post about it, where you said you wanted to mention more about it, and while I was going through the thread I bookmarked a few pages - i.e. the threads highlights to use as a reference.

Here they are:-

Shakeout

Bearish Reversal

Push and test Entry Video

Truth about price action Video

Selling into up moves

No Demand Screenshot 1

No Demand Screenshot 2

No Demand Screenshot 3

Testing
A ā€œtestā€ is a very general term so it depends where itā€™s testing. In the case of a buy climax, you may have a range that sets up to follow it. The bottom of that range would show remaining demand stopping the down move, so logically a ND test (low volume) would be ideal there to shortā€¦which is a common setup. Break/low volume test/continuation.
You could also call a shakeout a testā€¦on that we want to see high volume.

Weakness

Wekness and Shakeout

No Supply

No Supply No Demand video

Mark Down

Range

Buying Climax

High volume of the day just stopped the move off the Daily R1. The shorts are still out there.

Petefader, I think you are exactly right. Retrace and boom.

A no demand here, wait till after the news, see what the first close is, risky, but I might just be tempted if the caps fit, and get down to that fake breakout to the downside, mmmmm, just an idea!

I was thinking the same, but a little scared to pull that trigger.

Using your NS/ND indicator btw, works great!

Ding ding just confirmed your ND :slight_smile:

Edit: How do I find a good source that gives me a timeline of these major news events? I saw someone had one on a screenshot at one time as an indicator.

I always use forexfactory, theres one here on BP, and I think Dailfx

hereā€™s the indicator, I actually donā€™t use it any more, Iā€™m in the habit of checking the website often enough, and in the interests of keeping a nice clean chart.

FFCal7.mq4.zip (12.8 KB)

So Pete, what do you think of a short right now, are you thinking, Oh bloody Heck donā€™t they bloody listen to me?
or
I suppose maybe, a bit aggressive?
or
Right idea, but look at these learner drivers getting all excited?
or
OMG, what headless chickens have we here?
or
Something else?

Upon further examination, the 15m seems disagree with going short. Lots of buyers stepping in every down move.

I was thinking same as you. Iā€™ve also used the term ā€œfailed markupā€ and thatā€™s what it looks like here. Am I short? no.
The first ND that showed up WAS INTO THE PIN RANGE AT THE TOP. Iā€™ve talked about that before. I donā€™t like NDs in the grey box pin area at the top. It could show a lack of SELLING up thereā€¦not good.

Iā€™m just waitingā€¦itā€™s an iffy situation, and Iā€™ve had a good week already. Weā€™ll see.

No Demand on the 15m now too, looks good will be BE at worst, the NS that turn up on the 5m was just in the wrong place, it looked like a fish out of water.

It cannot get better than this !!! :stuck_out_tongue:

took a long on UCAD based on the following analysisā€¦

any comments , critics much appreciated :slight_smile:

I think the answers for this large move or ā€œgolden setupā€ are sitting in the 15m chart today. The most recent 15 candle is showing buy pressure to hold that 61.8 fib.

Looks like this could be the big reversal candle if it closes with higher volume.

Right idea, but I donā€™t see where you get the High Volume on the 1Hr. I donā€™t think youā€™re 100% clear on everything yet, I think you need a little more pinpointing, the 1Hr chart looks like itā€™s rolling over (Page 33 mtmV3.pdf).

Just my opinion mind you, but on the whole you are definitely going in the right direction.

Right 4 oā€™clock, that wont go much further, set TP or close, shut up shop so one is refreshed in the morning! (and remember, do as I say not as I do!)

Volume looks kinda low no?

Yepā€¦ itā€™s getting late in the day, but doesnā€™t look like the perfect entry.

But its quite obvious that there is a good bit of buying pressure at that 61.8. The time of day throws everything out, IMO, but if it were to continue, Iā€™d look for a double bottom and then the longs.

It bounced off a previous area of demand from this morning.