Supply/Demand, VSA, Wyckoff with Petefader

tehmac,
It sounds like you’re fishing for an entry that isn’t there given your example. Basically a low volume push thru that was preceeded by a high volume push thru? Almost sounds like a sign of weakness. Best to sit back and let the entry come to you rather than make the entry fit the situation. I personally don’t like the setup you’re talking about, the price would be well off the low and most likely be entering in a reversal with that much supply you describe. Trying to visualize this would exceed any R:R that I would want to take on a trade.

No no. I’m talking about a high volume push through of the AR high, followed by a low volume push through of the high of the high volume push through candle. Make sense now?

Hey, how 'bout that e/u lol. I’ve just been thinking. I could go on forever answering questions in here, but at this point everything has been put out there. If people want to focus on anything at all outside of what I have taught, they are missing the point. It’s there already. Just do it, and make money. If you don’t get a setup…don’t try to invent one. Follow the path that’s proven.

What I’d like to see now is people taking what I’ve taught and filling the thread up with pictures of setups with a marked up chart. Continue to share and teach others. If anyone has a particular, CLEAR, question about what has been taught…please ask. There are helpful people here, and I’ll still help out.

Again. No experiments, no hypothetical setups that change what I have shown. Other people trade VSA differently from my personal tailored method, I understand that. If you take a trade that differs from my teaching…spare me. You can always start another thread. I’m going to trade 2012 just like I traded 2011. There is nothing to do but follow the method and make the money. I think this is best for everyone at this point.

I hope you all see the wisdom in this. Reading and understanding the market is hard enough, and this narrowed down, clearly defined method brings it within reach. Proceed. :slight_smile:

By the way, who says rock is dead…

It’s a bit commercial for my usual taste, but I likey.

Exactly, well put. After all, we are talking about actually reading the market…the supply and demand from the professionals. Sure there are short cuts to trading “profitably” everywhere you look, and that’s had an effect on people, thinking they can make money fast if they find the right system. Not so much at bp anymore, as people seem to be thinking more about professional activity and dropping the indicators.

Learning to read professional activity…it should be challenging if you think about it, but I have it narrowed down to a few key, high probability situations that present themselves almost daily. ND/NS, push through, and low volume test/shakeout. All in the right place/context of course. And only 2 TFs to watch, and mainly 1 pair. The simplification is necessary. VSA can take you to a place of over thinking…some participants here have proven that for us lol.

So, to use your driving analogy again lol…we don’t need all the tricks, just to know what actions to take at the right time to get from point A to point B, and factual information. That in it’s self takes time to learn, but then it’s all you need.

To follow up on why I didn’t take this short. That’s not why. There is nothing wrong there. Moving up on high volume, in the middle of the move, can be the start of the climax. Buyers “won” because they were climaxing…so that’s weakness.

The reason…the push through the demand level had high volume (and I had to leave after that). Understand. If the push through demand candle has very high volume, that means sellers had to get aggressive, and close it down in the face of buy pressure. THERE, is your battle. I don’t prefer to enter on battles. Better when one side surrenders lol. If the push is on low, medium volume, than buyers were simply not active enough to hold the range. Makes sense that it would be safer.

Also, just before the drop is that shakeout into the old range you could have marked.

btw, I understand that the newer entries I’ve shown might require some more explanation…don’t worry, I’m following through on that. I’ll talk about it more soon…keep posting marked up charts this week guys.

I just went short on confirmation of a ND. ND also seems to be low volume test of a previous demand zone. Hope it works out.

Gidday Huligan,

No offence but the background is not showing signs to go short. The 1 hr T/F is bullish and the 5min T/F is rangy at this time. The only thing I would be doing is watching at the moment.It`s in no mans land. Just my opinion.

Cool that makes more sense and much less complicated than my reason lol.

Yes I went for that, also taking into account he high volume on the 1Hr.

I waited for the entry, that higher volume mark up at 9:10 showed strength no? It was pretty far off the trendline as well.

Took BE+ on that, wait for something a lot better, until Jan 10th maybe!

We tend to stick to entries with a close below the low of the ND candle, and vice versa for NS.

No offence taken. The very reason I’m posting trades is to get feedback and see if I’m right or wrong. Anyway made some pips and happy with that:57: Cheers

here is my trade today E/U
market was absorbed by SM, with significant volume, then gradually lessen…, doji, start upmove, small selling pressure…confirmed by next candle and…action! (1.2995) I mean enter!..close after volume spike, at the close of the doji, knowing the volume decreased… (1.3025) :57:

Why did you took that trade ? The volumes are low, not much activity, there’s no stopping volume …

Please explain.

Price bounce after 50% fib, waiting for a No Supply to enter.

the power of a market is shown in a bearish candlestick, and vice versa, the weakness of a market is shown in a bullish candlestick…
see the bacgroung, the market has fallen…the best explanation in 5m TF. the longest down bar ended in the middle with huge volume at that time…meaning we saw SM activity, buying, absorbing the herd forced to sell…the next 2 down bars showed drcreasing volume, than as you see…the downtrend was ended no selling support from SM, then i looked for a confirmation to enter…

so far the market is going in narrow range of trading…60 pips top to bottom, i don’t expect for lot of pips to get…20-30 is OK. with less headlines, less important economy data released, it’s not easy for SM to drive the market the way they always do…

Honestly, I think you were simply trying to pick the bottom here and got lucky. The volume is far from ultra high. Also, the highest volume should be on the very bottom if it was a selling climax. Can’t we just stick to M5/H1 and try to spot the setups Pete served us on a silver dish? :slight_smile: Ideally, you should wait for push through supply after the “climax” you saw.
Take no offence please, I’m just trying to keep this simple and profitable :)…

I have to agree with SagiCZ here, I don’t quite see where this huge buying volume is shown? There has with no doubt been more volume at the tops today.