Supply/Demand, VSA, Wyckoff with Petefader

That would not be enough volume imo. You have to look at the whole picture and look at the volume that started and causes the move to continue. Compare to that and you’ll see that this volume is probably not enough to stop the markdown.

I would not bet on a long trade here until I see volume that really catch my eye :slight_smile:

Don’t catch the falling knife and take trade against the trend on every high volume candle on 5m. Such down-trend is supported by big money, remember. Traders have bad habit as we always want to catch the absolute top or bottom, which’s not good for the health :stuck_out_tongue:

No volume suggested trend change yet and I expect downwards to continue :smiley:

I would never took that trade. Maybe we miss a few pips but we’ll better off it for the long run. You could see that the up move surge is almost reversed now.

There are no exact science to look around 9 bars or 27 bars, it’s rather an art, it’s rather common sense from a lot of trading hours, we see an absolutely high volume and we watch following price action and then we would conclude whether the opposite force is really stepped in :smiley:

Luiz! oh thank God lol. Represent, young Jedi.

A little something to note…you see that sneaky buying during Aisa off the low? Normally very low vol that time of day but a bit of demand came in…look at 5 min compared to the usual Asia 5 min.

If I short today, it will be up higher…not near that bottom. I can also see how a fake break below that Asia low could bring the big stopping volume we need to start accum and long entries.

Hi Pete

Hope things all well. Petefader is the best out there you could have :32:

1.3435 is showing nice demand/accumulation…no more shorts. :wink:

Have been watching that to Pete. Like you said the 1hr showed some Demand coming in (Blue Rectangle )

Waited for No Supply on the 5min T/F and then entered the trade for a long when it broke through that resistance at the 1.34954 area

That is actually an up candle so it can’t be a NS…and the major news of the session is coming out in 14 mins. Ideally I would like to see a down move on news and buy as low as possible.

Locked in BE after hitting resistance at 1.35010

[QUOTE=petefader;294156]That is actually an up candle so it can’t be a NS…and the major news of the session is coming out in 14 mins. Ideally I would like to see a down move on news and buy as low as possible.[/QUOTE

Is that because the wick on the up side of the candle stick that I marked as No Supply is slightly higher than the previous candle stick.Thanks Pete

Nice move locking in that BE Steveleg. My GoMarkets showed it as a bearish candle, but IBFX showed a bullish candle, so was a bit strange. My thoughts with it are… The BE would have been a fairly big one in my opinion. Last support 60 pips or so away, and the other one is the news out shortly. Best keeping away from Med and Hi impact news as SM can influence it in the direction they want to trap some of the herd. Could stop us out too if we’re not careful. The only trade I have taken this week was before news (mistake) but moved the stop to 2% loss instead of the 1.5 initially planned and it turned just before the stop just after the news and went on its merry way to my TP (while I was sleeping).
I have attached that picture. The ND doesn’t show too well, but did show up on IBFX which I was looking at on my laptop. I saved this picture from the desktop PC :slight_smile:

Oh, the two S/L levels were the 50 fib level (initial) and 61.8 fib level (revised).

I think it was seen as a bearish candle, but I think the no supply candle should be closing very close to its low, and yours had a rather large wick at the bottom of it. I could be very wrong though :slight_smile:

[quote=“Tassiefx,post:174,topic:40818”]

Yep! I look at it now and at the time I new it was rather long. Bad case of forcing the trade. Lucky I broke even. It is interesting what you said about the difference between the Go Markets and IBFX. You`ve obviously got both up to be able to compare the two. Thanks Kyle

I always thought that you can’t tell that a candle is an NS until it’s at least broken to the downside?

You tell me ppf, your more experienced then me. The more I look at it Im just going to confuse myself. Interesting debate, Im all ears mate.

Now we are looking at longs from NS on 5m chart

something that looks a bit like this.

But at levels, previous Support or Fibs.

Hope some more example analysis helps, I can’t vouch for it’s correctness, but should be good for illustrating/debating, but most of all learning.

Note again the first NS at support with lowest volume, these trades are the best, if you are a bit overwhelmed by VSA, look out for these and trade these only to start with, you will earn from these while you get the full grasp of VSA, IMHO.

I see that I really need to make that video on ND/NS to clarify things…at least how I do it. Will do asap.

Hi, I’ve posted the MT4 template for the chart I’ve done above, so if anyone would like to offer their version, that would be cool, or if you could be so kind pete, offer your expert view and we can take that as de facto.

http://www.purplepatchforex.co.uk/bp/vsaanalysis.tpl

or just take the image and comment on it.