Take a Break

You nailed it, Manxx…

Your answer doesn’t take into account expectation, marketing and marketing’s effects on expectation both conscious and sub-conscious and also the low barrier to entry.

Example, 3 years of study then 4 years of demo in a structured environment before going live may be the absolute best way to become a trader. If some very successful traders that you know personally did it this way and they encourage you to do the same, you may well make that decision.

However, without knowing people who have gone that route and succeeded, who is going to take a route that guarantees no profit for 7 years, with no guarantee after that either for that matter?

It takes 15 mins to get an account up and running. You take a trade with no knowledge whatsoever and it’s a winner.

Of course with hindsight our opinions may or may not be very different than they were day 1, or year 1, or year 10 for that matter, depending on the ride so far.

In a post recently someone wrote, “where are all the Villa’s and shiny Range Rovers?”…

You see there is even an expectation on how traders will spend their earnings. Can’t a trader buy what he/she wants, does he/she have to live up to some out dated stereo type? More senseless marketing, but it has an effect on perception.

Some will win most will lose, that’s how it’s been ‘designed’. The industry is not complaining.

id shoot myself if id have to drive a land rover:58:

Be prepared for your trading credentials to be questioned then :smiley:

there are cars that are more expensive and that are not from england and ugly looking SUVs:59::59::59:

Indeed there are and any fool with a half decent credit rating and no money can buy one, the marketing boys have done a good job. Perception, trading…Range Rover, Lambo…yada, yada, yada

information not important/usefull for BPparticipantd

You are right! It doesn’t need to be waterproof until it starts raining and even then “too big to fail” haha

Indeed - [i]at least[/I] as boring and mundane and time consuming and committing as any other career, and a good deal more so than many, I would suggest. But still miles better than “going out to work (for someone else)”.

You are right Manxx, but as you noted yourself, the questions keep coming…

This post is to replace the missing ‘double like’ button!

Sushi [I]assembled[/I] in Sunderland from imported ingredients might not be, though … :33:

As Clarkson once said “Well, it’s a Lotus, so obviously it’s going to spend more time at a garage than actually on the road”. :o

lets just eat pizza and not think too much :wink:

I did not just see a pic of a Bentley in this thread…i did not!

you are overthinking it again :smiley: