The 3 Duck's Trading System

Somehow I missed the fact that all the banks in Japan are closed today. FXStreet’s Economic calendar doesn’t have any red, orange, or yellow exclamation marks. It has 3 white ones. Forex Factory also doesn’t have a red, orange, or yellow flag, it has a white one. Unless I am mistaken, this should mean that the JPY pairs will not move much for the next 24 hours. I don’t understand why these sites don’t mention this more prominently.

Has not the last 12 hours been a go for the USD/JPY as the price has been above all three SMAs? The pair has moved over 100 pips upward.

You are right. I was thinking of today’s trades that will be active for the next 24 hours, which will be Wednesday. Wednesday trading in Japan starts at 7pm Tuesday EST, so I consider Tuesday night to be Wednesday in Japan. If I understand this correctly, then the JPY should have low volume from 7PM Tuesday night EST, until 7PM Wednesday night EST. Of course low volume does not mean no movement, but I would not put much faith in any trends that develop.

Greetings Duck Hunters,

A quick video …

[B]Andy
Captain Currency[/B]

Caught a great move on GBPJPY, got in @ 182.169, currently 89 pips profit locked in and letting it run with a 50 pip SL

So you use this trading stratagey you only need to use a 60 sma, and can you only do this on the h4 h1 and m5 charts or can they be substituted for other time frames?

Would it not benefit to use other indicators as well to maybe spot a reversal for example like the parabolic sar or rsi to see if it has been over bought/sold?

Im a begginer to this system so may be a stupid question!

Finally had my SL hit but made 129 pips.

Using this stratagey you only use a 60 sma, would it not benifit you to use some other indicators like the parabolic sar or rsi to determine weather the trend is about to reverse?

Also can you only do this on h4 h1 and m5 time frames or can they be substituted for other charts?

You’re rather missing the point.
The objective is to engage a pair when a directional bias has been established (which is evidenced via the 2 hourly charts), not in attempting to identify if or when a trend is reversing.

If you wish to experiment with additional indicators and/or timeframes then feel free to do so, just please refrain from posting such additions on [B]this[/B] thread as it simply detracts from the original format & unnecessarily fragments the topic.

Just so you completely understand, first this thread is anal about the 3 ducks system. So if you use the 3 time frames and the 60 SMA but need more to help you in your decision making process, do so over on the newbie island section of the site, For example I use both the 3 time frames and the 60 sma, and I would answer your question in the newbie section just not here.

No-one is anal about the thread at all.

It’s simply thread regulars get fed up to the back teeth with folks meandering onto the thread seeking to add, fiddle with or radically alter the structure having clearly not first read, digested or even barely forward tested the set up under its original format. Had they done so they wouldn’t feel the need to ask such questions in the first place.

Do you see any of the long standing, established contributors fiddling with the original format?

The rules & framework are clearly indicated & highlighted on the 1st post of page 1.
Andy & the hard core of said established contributors have diligently & consistently updated the thread from its inception with posts & videos highlighting the benefits of maintaining the logical simplicity annotated in the original set up. Set ups (in their original format) which have more than stood the test of time across very differing volatility impacts & extreme changes of market participation.

There is no additional decision making to be added other than how aggressive the participant chooses to be with their entry & trade management profile & which objectives they prefer to engage.

:60: Not to carry this any further but, do yourself a favor and look up the word anal. In this case it’s not meant to disrespect anyone, it was meant to help a new person post their question where it should have been. So take your meds and calm down
Gp

Then perhaps next time you might consider choosing more appropriate phrasing to make your point becuase I also interpreted it in the same way Saul did.
And lose the dismissive haughty attitude mate, it doesn’t do you any favours.

My apologies to those offended. Again no disrespect intended, just trying to help out someone new

Lol, you couldn’t make it up if you tried:)

Read the thread. In fact the first post tells you everything you need to know. Read that, then read the entire thread and stop asking questions that have been answered a thousand times before.

I put a limit sell order in for AUD/USD at .7704, and it was filled at .7700. I had a stop loss about 20 pips above it (.7722). In one move, the price went through my limit order at .7704 and triggered the stop up at .7722. So I took an instant 20 pip loss. I see what you did Oanda

Anybody else watching USD/JPY? If anyone is trading that, I’d like to know how you got in and out. That is a good 140 pips if you caught it.

I was going to trade it, but I saw that all the Japanese Banks were closed, so I just watched it. The banks being closed didn’t seem to have much of an affect on it. I expected it to be flat for 24 hours.

Got in at 120.208 got out 120.401, got back in at 120.127 still open looking for 120.420 ish

I had a pretty simular one on EUR/JPY this morning… the 3 Ducks was lined up and I entered long at 136.194 and went to the shower… came back 30 minutes later and it was stopped out… a quick look on the 4 hour chart showed a pretty bearish engulfing candle 2 bars earlier… right out of the book!

smashing forehead into keyboard …stupid stupid stupid… IT was RIGHT there!!

And that’s my morning… I’ll have some pity to myself with an extra MUG of coffee until lunch break :stuck_out_tongue:

Have a great one all :smiley: