The 3 Duck's Trading System

I feel your pain. I got stopped out on GBP/USD and CAD/JPY. kinda sucks that today was my first day live trading with the system lol. Thats just the market for you; 3 steps forward 2 steps back.

Ohā€¦ I had in my mind, that not only the price is relevant, but also the order of the MAs.
Meaning for Long: M5-SMA > H1-SMA > H4-SMA and vice versa for short. But Iā€™ve checked it up and there isnā€™t such a rule. My fault.

But I wouldnā€™t have entered there, because you enter after the break of the H4-SMA, but the entry point should be a break of the M5-SMA.
In my opinion, the order should be:

1. H4-SMA
  2. confirming H1-SMA
  3. Break of the M5-SMA + the last high

In your trade, you have step 3 as the first step. With this, you are risking to buy at the top of the swing.

@4hourtrader:
I dont feel pain. Everything is ok and in good order. I have risked some money and lost it. If you feel pain by risking a certain amount and loosing it something went wrong.

@exterior:
I dont see that the smaĀ“s need to be in the right order. It would show a stronger trend but you will miss a part of the potential move. There is always the risk to buy at the top. Thats the game you will never know it. I entered to be part of a potential move early. If it does not work - no problem. You cannot avoid losses but can (must) control the amount you loose.

I think the 3ducks give nice entry signals and make it easier to make an entry decision. But in my opinion the entry is not that important at all. It is only there to apply a system that can be repeated in order to judge if the system works or not. I need a clear plan how to trade. Much more important is the exit. The exit (also the stop as exit) and the money management decide about how much you win or loose.

By the way: JPY/USD now stopped out with 1R loss. AUD, EUR, and GBP/USD take profit after re-entry with 2R. :slight_smile:

Hi I have been watching NZD/USD for a potential short entry, in line with the method what are your thoughts?

Hello guys. My 1st post on this forum, so plz be understanding :slight_smile:
Where i can download thit ebook u have been talking about ?:smiley:

read post #2132

Hello everyone!

Iā€™m new to this system and I am giving it a try on demo at the moment.
I would like your opinion on this, Iā€™m looking to go long on AUD/USD as the 3 ducks are aligned but for the entry when it mention enter on the break of a high, in that case there is no high for days. How would you treat this situation ?

Thanks for your help!

Royce

I just wanted to jump in and mention my first ever DEMO Forex trade was a success using this simple system.

I read about it Saturday, scanned some charts, saw the 3 Ducks were lined up on the USD/CHF and shorted it Sunday at .9325

Closed position moments ago at .9160

Went long AUD/USD at .7973

Seems like a dangerous level to go long at if you look left and see the strong resistance level right above on the 1h chart.

I personally have pending orders out tonight on AUD.NZD and GBP.AUD but if I were to trade AUD.USD I would put my trade on as follows:

This way I only get entered into the trade on a break of the resistance level and targetting the previous high where I would take profit.

I appreciate the input. Critiques/suggestions are welcome in this paper-trading learning stage.

I do agree it is close to near-term resistance. I put on the trade when the 3rd duck, the 5 minute chart, had just closed above the 60 sma.

@Strat Marshall Guy

Can you post an image of your entry point?

Donā€™t forget [B]Non Farm Payrolls[/B] later today, mind your pips!

Have a great weekend Duck Hunters,

[B]Andy
Captain Currency[/B]

So far so good - up 140 pips on the AUD/USD trade.

2 for 2 with the 3 Ducks. Iā€™m beginning to think buying Chris Capreā€™s course just before stumbling on to this system might have been a waste of money. Seriously.

USD/JPY short just broke the 60 on the 5 minute

isnā€™t the 4hr sma pointing up?

It appears quite choppy at the moment on that timeframe too.
This week pairs such as AUD/JPY, AUD/NZD & GBP/USD have been moving much more cleanly & offering smoother entries.

Iā€™m quickly discovering one of the key elements of trading this type of approach is the quality of the filtering process.
It makes life a little easier if you skip the lower probability 4 hour set ups in favour of those pairs displaying stronger & smoother trending behaviour on that timeframe first.

The pullbacks & breakouts require less management & tend to follow through with higher degrees of success.

Iā€™m thinking the usd/cad is a pretty example - from 4hr down to 5 minute x of sma and break earlier today. I am entering late on the most recent pull back on 5 mint charts.

edited - adding eury/jpy too - it is currently pull back a bit on 5 min charts again 4hr and 1hr seem fairly clean.

It also set up a nice clear pullback hook entry yesterday at the London open on the sub hourly charts :wink:

Caught EUR/JPY and CHF/JPY all before 7 am. Thanks Capt.