The 3 Duck's Trading System

Is there an updated alert for the system? the one on post 145 is not working.
Thanks for help.

Sounds like you’re knocking out the knowledge on your trading voyage Rindoan, well done Buddy!

[B]Andy
Captain Currency[/B]

Hi vanupips,

I managed to fix some the issues I had with this alert; I’m using it without problem. I believe the file in the previous post may have been developed for a previous version of MT4.

Please test and let me know.

Kind regards

Andy
Captain Currency

more up than down since the last post.

overall up 75.10% in the last 2 months and 20 days (2 trades per day and still only risking 2% per trade) :o

thanks , but it is not working (if you try the compiler you will see 13 errors)

Hi vanupips,

I have just tried the indicator on MT4 build 711 because of your comments, and I can confirm that it works perfectly on all chart timeframes.

When complied it had 0 error(s), 0 warning(s).

Trader9.

Greetings Duck Hunters,

Stick with the trend and the winners will come!

A quick market scan and it looks like our First Duck (H4) would favor:

selling set-ups on:
Gbp.Usd
Usd.Jpy
Eur.Jpy

buying set-ups on:
Usd.Cad
Eur.Gbp

Chat soon,

Andy
Captain Currency

These are not trade recommendations. The 3 Ducks Trading System is best used as a set of guidelines with discretion in addition with your own market analysis and trading ideas. I do not accept liability for any loss or damage, including without limitation to any loss of profit which may arise directly or indirectly from use or reliance on such information.

I’ve always used the 3Ducks for Medium Term trading, but today I was needing a bit of an adrenalin rush, so tried my hand at scalping with the 3 Ducks.

Guess what; 20.9 pips in 15 minutes: +26.3 pips USD/JPY, +6.6 pips EUR/GBP, -12.0 pips EUR/JPY.

Not a bad motivator for my first attempt at scalping with the 3 Ducks! Guess I will try it again sometime in the near future when I need some extra blood pumping through my veins.

Next time Carnino be sure to wear the appropriate clothing for scalping …

Chat soon,

Andy
Captain Currency

Thanks! I will keep that in mind!

What version of MT4 are you using?

Send a screenshot of the errors please, and I’ll try to help. I’m by no means a developer/coder, but will help where I can.

must be a mistake somewhere , see the image (it is not even attaching to chart) maybe you attached wrong one?

Why are you trying to compile the old outdated version when “huispan” has already provided you with the corrected version?

See post #1674 by “huispan”.

Hi Rindoan,

Are you using the 50 pip stop loss system or the 20/30 TP/SL rule (IE 30 pip top Loss)? Because your results seem incredibly good.

Thanks

Using 20 - 30 pip stops in general depending on the range of the pair in question.
I leave the profit target open and close them manually.

Usually I close my trades when I see the momentum has stalled around the daily average range of if it has gone a full fib extension of the previous move. Otherwise I tend to close it 24 hours later.

Thanks Rindoan

HI Carnino, seend from posts that you are experienced MT4 coder. what about to create a ea to optimize the best MA, time frame and median SL and TP for this strategy? If you make it based on close price I would say optimization can be done very fast for many options

Yes, I am an experienced EA coder! However, as you may have read here before, this strategy is a discretionary one and the author has also requested that it not be turned into an EA. Even thou I have made EA’s for countless other strategies, I have to agree with [I]Captain Currency[/I] (author of [I]3 Ducks[/I]), that this strategy is best traded manually.

There has already been several attempts by some traders here to make an EA for this, and have failed, due to the discretionary nature of this strategy. Although the strategy is simple, there are several nuances that require a “human touch” in order to guarantee its success. It would be difficult to properly emulate and capture the “intelligence” of such nuances in a standard EA.

Also, there is no need to change the timeframes or period for the moving average as those work well and need no alteration. As for the SL and TP, those are discretionary and depend on the type of trading you use. It could be a long term trade, a medium term or short term-one and even be a scalping trade, as I recently had a successful experience with. For all these cases [I]Stop-Loss[/I], [I]Trailing-Stop[/I], [I]Take-Profit[/I] or even to [I]Scale In or Out[/I], are all discretionary and dependent on the type of trading you wish to implement.

I can however say by experience so far, that I have had much better results with variable stop sizes instead of fixed ones, using such mechanisms as [I]High[/I] and [I]Lows[/I] of [I]Fractals[/I] or [I]Zig-Zag[/I] points as well as [I]Chandelier Exits[/I]. But I repeat, these are discretionary and based on my own personal way of trading.

Regards,
Carnino

Good post Carnino!

It’s a bit like the point in this video below:

[B]Andy
Captain Currency[/B]