The 3 Duck's Trading System

I am looking at setting some pending orders on AUDJPY and USDNOK tonight if everything lines up.

Pending sell GBP/Aud at .8148 s/l above recent swing high on the 5m chart at .8192

What is your thought process for going long gbpaud?

Triggered. Will check on it in 24 hrs

Iā€™m short, not long :slight_smile:

Rational for the trade was all three ducks lined up, on the 5m chart there was very little reaction to .8200 level. Price quickly dove below that level and made lower highs and lower lows.

Ha Ha - I was just being light-hearted! Just to take a little sting out of the thread.

Nothing to see here folks - move along!

Reason I was asking is the sma on the 4 hour chart is pointing mainly sideways with the end slightly upwards.
The first duck is to find a pair where the 4h sma is pointing preferably up or down (the steeper the better).

For example take a look at the 4h sma on any of the Yen pairs compared to GBPAUD.

Thanks, all the tips are appreciated.

Hi Rindoan,

When you compare the commissions on your FXCM account to the commissions of another broker, itā€™s worth considering that FXCM charges a flat commission per lot regardless of whether youā€™re trading USD/JPY or GBP/USD. By contrast, most other brokers will charge you about 60% more in commissions for the GBP/USD trade because pounds are worth about 60% more than dollars.

Another factor to consider is that high volume traders can qualify for lower commissions through FXCM. Since you already have an account with us, I would be happy to explore this option further with you. If that interests you, please send me a private message with the email address we have on file for your account.

Thanks,
Jason

I just had an idea since this is happening to me alsoā€¦ Perhaps just switch any ā€œbuysā€ into ā€œsellsā€ and vice versaā€¦ Problem solved!:o

Totally agree - strong trends are what to look for. SMA cross-overs wonā€™t cut it.

Hi Rooster,

I couldnā€™t seem to catch a break with set and forget either. I tend to line up the first 2 ducks then actively wait for an opportunity on the 5 min (not all the time though; I have a life!) and seem to be doing a little better.

Good luck

Exit abt 150 pips

Update on this - with my 4 pairs I have managed to sqeeze 400 points out of the market this week.

Granted, the trends were strong, but the key was holding on for the ride - I normally try to cash in my gains before I lose them again - but I held strong.

Next time Iā€™m in Dublin, Iā€™ll be buying the Captain a beer (as long as he doenā€™t come to the bar in his tights!)

Thanks everybody and have a great weekend.

I am trying to come up with my trading plan by using this system. I understand the 3 duck system and I like using S/R to help with entries and exits. My question is when I am scanning through my charts I want to be looking for only strong trending charts and not range bound charts. Examples below
Strong trending

Range bound

We want to look for the strong trending only and skip over the range bound charts. Right? Or can we play the range bound but keep in mind where price will likely to turn around.

Thanks
Jason

I would trade both pairs in your screenshots if they show the 4h chart (cant see if they do), no need to complicate things.

Just look for the slope of the 60 sma and then go down on the 1h and 5min charts to find your trades.

Ok thank you

Drinks are on you Pipity,

Good trading to you all for the week ahead,

Andy
Captain Currency

I am in a similar situation to you in that i am on the west coast of Canada and so am at a disadvantage as all the action happens mostly while im asleep. Last night i set four pending orders. Buy EURGBP at .80500, Sell EURCHF at 1.19978 & Sell GBPUSD at 1.55798, Buy AUDJPY at 102.444 However, none of these got triggered. Did something similar happen to you also?