The best way to stay consistent!

Hi Shiyin

I use Weekly, Daily and H4 charts to find significant levels of S/R off highs & Lows.

This AUD/JPY I am currently LONG in was executed because of 3 major DAILY highs which will hold as Support. Look at the zone highlighted to see the 3 highs.

Also travelling well.

Hope this helps

The GBP/JPY finally came alive. My target is 129.25.
Thanks SR Player. I’m working on sr levels and have looked into the web site you suggested. So far it looks good.

Yes Greg Both the GBP/JPY and the AUD/JPY I longed also moved well…Im glad you took them, well done!

Trading it | Learn to Trade on the Foreign Exchange | Free Forex Training Courses | Free Forex Signals | Forex Trading Tutorial | Learning Forex | Learn to Trade on Forex | What is Forex Trading you mean? Yes they offer fantastic services all FREE! Their Forex course is great and I watch their live trading room all the time, they have gots some really good pro traders in there trading everyday in there. I also use their support and resistance indicator as well which highlights the zones quite similarly. If you need anything custom built an EA or Indicator these guys do it all free, got to open an account with their broker for most of the services but who cares, doesn’t cost me anything. I must say they are the best in terms of education and trading tools, best part its all FREE!

hi sr

1. how much % u risk per trade?
  2. which pairs do u trade?
  3. do u enter trade using 15mins or 30 mins? or at the tf u see e sr?

SR Player could you tell me a little more about the support and resistance indicator at the site? Does it set itself per each timeframe or is it something you draw in. I’m working hard to locate and utilize the sr levels you have pointed out and search for them myself.
Thanks,
GJ

Hi steo

I risk 5%
I trade eur/usd, eur/jpy, gbp/usd, gbp/jpy, aud/usd, aud/jpy, cad/jpy, aud,nzd, usd/chf, chf/jpy
I enter according to the price sr level not per timeframe, if a support and resistance level is drawn from the Daily then I will mark the zone accordingly, I will only go down to smaller timeframes to view the action as its happening.

Hope this make sense.

Greg, its set on a Daily zone level, so the sr levels are based off previous highs & lows off the DAILY.

The non shaded zones mean that price needs to break above the non shaded green zone then when it comes back the FIRST time to re-test the same zone it will shade the box in green, it shows you where the zone finishes as this is the time when the first re-test occurred.

The red non shaded zone means that price must break below the zone then come back into the zone then activate the zone into a red shaded boxed zone.

I have attached an example for you in my new current short on EUR/JPY

Very interesting concept. I like it! Is this what helps make you a sucessful trader?

Greg there are many elements that help constitute what makes a successful trader, bottom line is we all doing this to make money, the magic secret is to do it consistently, this is what this thread is all about. Proving to yourself and being honest is a big part, you need to show that consistency in order to make money in the long run. This is not an overnight process, it takes time to see and believe in your system and yourself, once you are able to trade regardless if your overall decision making is based on technical or fundamental analysis, managing yourself is the hardest part to becoming successful.

Granted you need a great trading system, a good risk reward management, good structure, planning and great discipline. These are the factors that make the difference in the in a traders life.

Like anything you need to undergo as an apprentice first to learn your skill then apply what you have learnt in time.

If you get it right its the best job in the world!

hope this helps!

I picked up the eur/jpy short at 106. How do you set stops and targets.
mine are
stop 106.33
target 105.7
target II 105.60

Targets are placed at the obstacle you will face, in other words if you are long look at getting out at a significant low when the trade goes in your favor, when short look at previous significant highs as support obstacle.

Stops are generally tight just above a previous swing high/low of entry.

I usually try and aim for a 1:3 ratio, in other words if I am risking 50 pips then I will aim at 150 pips as my target according to where the next main support/resistance levels are located.

SR Player, The web site you referred to in you messages does not allow users from the United States of America.

interesting :slight_smile: got a few more questions if you dont mind. thanks in advance :slight_smile:

1. if 2 valid trades turn up at the same time do u take both? if so, do u split your risk into 2.5% each or remain at 5% for each trade?
  2. what has been your win/loss ratio for the 7 years u have been trading this system?

SR Player, this is my long current trade. The first chart is 4 hr and second is one hour. I let it drop below suport/resistance and enter just above the sr level. What do you think? First target hit, second contract at b/e with target of 84.45.

thenx for the link i see one needs to open an account with 200$ to access their s/r strategy or any strategy?

Hi SR player would i be right to see that the more the significant highs the bettter the zone like in ur a/j trade can one put a rule to atleats get 3 significant highs or lows to consider a retest of the zone?thenx for the great thread

Hi SR Player, many thanks for sharing this wonderful strategy!!!

I hv gone to Trading It to try to download the SR Levels Zone indicator but it seems like they have have duplicated the “Trading It” indicator in the box for downloading the S&R Levels Zone indicator. So can I trouble you to post the indicator here?

Many thks!!

cwk

It could be that SR is not going to be available very often. I read her message carefully, they are very good. As a USA resident I’m unable to use the website that she recommended. I have been using the SR strategy and I like it. It would be great if we could download the indicator, but I think it is a custom indicator for MT4 used by the web site SR Player uses.

I would be interested in sharing charts. So far I really like the aud/jpy.

GJ

you do not need to subscribe to anything… just google “supdem indicator”

Yunny1

Thank You, Thank You!!!