The Cowabunga System

I just hit 35 pips this morning from my trigger going off for this system. Yesterday i got around 50 pips. Loving the cowabunga

Hi, all!
Iā€™m new to this forum.
Dealing with Forex in about a year.
Iā€™m interesting to try the Cowabung Indicator in MT4.
But have some problem ā€¦

After adding mql file to my experts/indicator folder on the comp,
restarting MT4 and adding Cowabunga indicator to the USD/JPY chart -
all what i can see - just blue and red lines which is tell me nothing.

Any help will be very appreciate ā€¦
Where is the trend? Where is the arrows?
What I did wrong?

Itā€™s me again.
Decided to attach an image of my mt4 picture.

ā€¦ I canā€™t beleive Iā€™m SO idiot.

Iā€™m new to mt4 ā€¦ may be I didnā€™t install the indicator properly?

Can anybody post me a right picture with the Cowabunga Indicator?

:confused: :confused: :confused:

I am as new as it gets so dont feel alone. The indicator is actually better suited for GBPUSD, as so far for me, it has been pretty flawless.

Be viewing a 15 minute chart- the indicator is made for that kind of a chart. You should have blue dotted lines runnings along top when it is an uptrend, and red lines on the bottom in a downtrend - arrows get painted on the screen telling you to either buy or sell. The blue arrows mean buy and red arrows mean sell. Once you attach it to a chart, scroll back in time and you can see that anytime you see an arrow the upcoming movement of the price was pretty much in the direction of that arrow.

I have not loss on this system yet. I only started using it last week and so far i am 10 for 10 on my trades.

Thanks for you reply.
But, please, see the attached picture.
Just blue and red lines. No any arrows :frowning:

i dont know how to insert a picture, but i see the stuff you see, but that is only when i am on a chart other then M15. I looked at your picture, and it does look like you are on m15 but mine is not like that. If i change to any chart other then m15 i get what you get, but if i put it on M15, it works fine.

Also i have changed my colors to do away with that black background and stuff like that. Change your chart to GBP USD and apply cowabunga indicator to that and look at an M15 chart

here is my pic. I also have a fibonanci indicator which i put on there that draws my pivot and support/resistance lines - those are not part of the cowabunga indicator, but they help me to view the support or resistance.

Look at the arrows i will pull a picture of some history as well so you can see the red arrows.

Here is an example where it was wrong. I didnt make the trade, but this is where it was wrong. The system is not perfect, but i trust it so far. If you look to the far right, you can see that big red bar where it just shot down, it might change and go up as the arrow indicates, but it looks like this one will be wrong.

here is an example of it going down. The red arrows shows entry going short, and if you follow it through - the price indeed does drop. I am ok with it not being perfect as nothing probably is. But this will help teach me how to read charts a little better and keeps my profits in the green section.

Let try to trade ā€œclassicā€ cowabunga.
With MACD and other staff.
Hope I will report about my profits :slight_smile:

did you ever get your arrows to show up?

Hi all,

I was reading ā€œthe Cowabungaā€ system yesterday and set up my charts etc.

I donā€™t have an alerting platform so when I had a look this morning I think I see an opportunity was available at 05:00

MACD had a crossover and was beginning to go up, both stochastics and RSI were heading up too.

It looked ok to me with possibly 40 pips. Was only looking to go long as the 4 hour charts show it trending up and there was no news on the calendar.

Can a ā€œreal cowabunga traderā€ comment please. If its not a particularly good opportunity Iā€™d like to know what I missed.

I made another 35 pips this morning. Loving the cowabunga

Dirk, what were your entry and exits points and time of trade ā€“

Here is what i did, I got in last night around 7:30 PM CST, and I set my profit take at where the picture shows. I went to sleep, woke up this morning and I had my profit.

Edit - Also realize, i am very new to forex. I have been learning for about a month and am playing with a demo account. Dont take a lot of advice from me, my ā€œluckā€ has been that, although i am getting pretty good with reading the charts and spotting rises or reversals.

Optimal signals usually come after 1am ET

What time would that be regarding that i`m in a GMT+2 Timezone?
Thankies!

GMT is 5 hours ahead of Eastern so probably at around 8:00am.

OKay, thank for the time zone explanation!:wink:
Anoher thingā€¦theres just to much of info. needed in the e-mail alert settenings! take a look at the attach. All i can enter is the "TO:" form But whats up with all the SMTP`s?:slight_smile:
Thanks!

I run my metrader at work, where I have an email server so i have plugged that info, it helps that I am a network engineer, but if you are at home, you would use your local email settings in that box. If you use a home based DSL or Cable then just go to your outlook express or outlook, and hit tools options - email accounts. Hit properties of the account and you will see the server info, it will be something like cox.east.net or something of that nature, but look for the one for SMTP, they may be different as the other one is for pop email and it might not work here, also, put the name, such as cox.east.net:25 - make sure to add the colon and the port number of 25. Then plug in your email address you want to send the message to and hit test, if it failed you will get an error.

How come we get different results? I notice on the blog for cowabunga, that he was down a -78 pips for the last week.

I traded the system based on the metatrader indicator and tuesday - friday, i made 120 pips, with not one losing trade.

Now on Friday, on another computer i also had the indicator, but not my normal account, i made a buy friday afternoon around 3:00 cst which is 2 hours till market close and i came into work today to notice i am up 83 pips.

Why the different results? although based on the arrows that give me entry signals, if i would have taken all of them, i would have lost, but what constitutes the right entry signal? i am guessing the metrader indicator might not be exact to cowabunga standards but it has netted me 200 pips inside a week.