The Cowabunga System

a pip total is irrelevant in the estimation of profitability. This has been discussed at various points around the site

Irrelevant:confused:
When the amount of monetary losses could be exceeding the profits gained, I don’t see how that could be viewed as irrelevant :slight_smile:

I think you have a fair bit to learn regarding the fallacy of pips as an indicator of profitability. Suggest you search the forum and educate yourself

I’m not talking about pips, I’m talking about cold hard cash. If your losing more then you are making when you win, that does not make any system profitable. No matter what the win-loss record may show. :eek:

yes you were, see your own post. For cold hard cash as you put it you multiply R by whatever % risk you choose

In case there is a language barrier “monetary” means cash in this situation, I don’t know why you are being hostile and rude, in what has been a friendly forum :confused: Perhaps, you missed the whole point I was making.

Craigfx

You�ve just got to love the warm and welcoming way Tonymand shares his knowledge and experience with newbies asking questions! Craigfx don�t pay too much attention to what Tonymand says, read more of his posts and you�ll start to understand what he�s all about…

And take the title �FX-Men Honorary Member� with a grain of salt, it means they�re good at throwing up a whole bunch of posts, it doesn’t mean they’re good traders!

good luck!

PS And even if I really did think a few of the �FX-Men Honorary Member� were $hitty traders, I would feel uncomfortable posting that kind of comment on a public forum.

Thanks, even thou i have a newbie title, I’ve been on this forum longer then him, he should respect his elders lol :slight_smile:

Dear Friends,
Greettings to all from a newbie in India.
I just stumbled up on this thread and read few pages. I am using MT4 and i downloaded the indicator in the first page posted by ybop01. My MT4 shows only envelopes of red and blues. I went back time and found there were no arrows at all indicating long and short trades. My understanding is after posting the indicator on 15 min cable, it will show the 4 hr trend as well (which is not showing). I am setting up EMA 5 10 RSI and stocs. While setting up ema can i use the one listed in indicators and set it up as exponential and apply to close ?
Is there a place where i can follow video of this trade.

Please help.
Muthu.

Hi Muthu, sounds like your are setting it up correctly. Try using the indicator on post #368 page 37 of “cowabunga system MT4 indicator” forum. It’s posted earlier then that but not sure where off hand. Good Luck :slight_smile:

Hello Craigfx,

That was a timely help. Thank you so much; i am able to see the arrows now. I wonder where to direct my questions regarding the working of this indicator. Is it in this thread or the other one where i found the indicator ?. I wanted to know what is the setting for RSI. Is it 9 or 14 ? Stocs I am using stocs (10 3 3 ) . Macd i wanted to know what settings are required. Lastly, If a arrow appears; should i wait for that candle to close and enter the next candle ? Is it ok if 2 of the three indicators match for entry ? Looks like there are a number of fakey signals i wonder how to filter them out. (I went past time on the chart to check it). Any help will be humbly appreciated.

Regards,
Muthu.

Hi Muthu, if you have not already done so, check out the “pip my system” blog for cowabunga Cowabunga System Daily Update: Tuesday, 08/11/09 | Forex Blog: Pip My System “So You’ve Finished The School Of Pipsology…Now What?” Check out the “If this is your first time visiting this blog, read this first!” and “Read the most frequently asked questions about the Cowabunga System” that should answer alot of your questions. And review some of the videos there also, they will help alot. Have fun, CraigFX

Has anyone on this thread been using the Cowabunga system for a while and is making money wth it?

I’ve been using it for a while; not the only system I use but I have overall made money with it. This past week has not been very good for it though; for instance EUR/USD has been very range bound and the GBP/USD has been too choppy. Cowabunga works better when there’s a clearer trend slowing up in the 4HR chart than what we’ve been seeing.

I really appreciate the way people are using the forum to communicate and help each other.Thanks to the person who give this idea to the world and made the world title in a single knot. But I don’t think any body would like to you as they have to use that.But hope for the Best.

Thank you.

yup, the system is good, but you need to be pretty much full time by your pc. remember brokers can easily screw you as this is a short TF system, by widening the spreads (and they do try to).

I have trouble with this too pirateboy as I trade whilst I am at my 9 - 5 job :slight_smile: Sometimes though my boss asks me to do work for him!! Some people eh? :smiley:

I was wondering if it would be any use to others to set up a little group on msn, skype etc. To let everyone know if we see a valid entry and discuss when to get out?

I mean we could post to the thread but most people can get some kinda messenger to a mobile device these days.

this system works, and i’m willing to pay to build an EA for this actually.

Sorry pirateboy, EA ?? very new to this terminology :slight_smile:

There you go… and I won’t even charge you! :smiley:

A disclaimer though… I didn’t write it and I’ve never used it, so I can’t make any claims to how well it works. I just remembered seeing it before and tracked it down for you.

cowabunga system ea.zip (22.6 KB)