The Cowabunga System

Dear BP

I would like to know how do you calculate R-multiple of your system.
In my opinion the total R-multiple of your system is about 0,44
It means you earn 44 cents on each risked dollar
I calculated it by: (4940-5519)/(108*19).

Please let me know if am I right.

If not then what means the number: 51,02?

Thank you for your reply.

Could someone please explain to me exactly what the Cowabunga system is and how it works?

So Youā€™ve Finished The School Of Pipsologyā€¦Now What? - Pip My System - Beginnerā€™s Guide to Forex Trading, Free Forex Education, Learn to Trade Forex, Forex Training - BabyPips.com

you may also want to look at the FAQ. You can find the link for that on the left hand side of the page.

today on the 4hr gbp/usd, the 5-10 ema crossed indicating a trend change. the cowabunga setup on the 15 minute chart was a go. Now does this mean as long as the trend on the 4hr is up do we continue to look to go long on the 15 min chart with the cowabunga setup?

Hi guys, Iā€™m using ybop01ā€™s cowabunga indicator, and everythiing on there is fine, I adjusted the settings on mt4/tools/options/email, ran a test and it sent a msg to my email, but when the long/short signal came in I didnā€™t recieve an e-mail notification. Can anyone advise me on this? Thanks in advance

Hi guys.

With regards the MT4 Cowabunga indicator posted on this thread; is there any way of changing it to produce a loud beep from oneā€™s computer every time a signal arises (rather than the email)?

That way I can go off and paint my toenails / knit etc without having to be constantly in front of the screen.

Donā€™t want much, do I. :stuck_out_tongue:

T

Trenton,

I donā€™t know about a loud beep but, someone on this thread posted a link that will send an alert via text message to your cell phone. This will get you away from the screen but not the action. It works pretty good and you can set your own parameters. The link is alert!fxā„¢ - foreign exchange (forex) alerts. and itā€™s free. Also look back in this thread fro additional info. This should allow some toe time. Just a suggestion.

HELLO EVERYBODY,
I JUST SIGN UP FOR THIS FORUM.
I WOULD LIKE TO SHARE ONE INDICATOR WILL HELP COWABUNGA SYSTEM.
ALTHOUGH IN COWABUNGA THERE HAS NO SIGNAL,YOU CAN USE THIS SIGNAL TO TRADE.
YOU CAN TEST WITH YOUR DEMO ACCOUNT.
PLEASE TELL ME KNOW HOW CAN THIS INDICATOR HELP YOU OR NOT?

YOU CAN CHANGE COLOR AS YOU LIKE IN COLOR TAB. BLUE COLOR MEANS TO BUY(LONG) AND RED COLOR MEANS TO SELL(SHORT).

GOOD LUCK

can someone help me on getting the email alert setting for the cowabunga indicator?really need to use it.Iā€™ve searched through this forum and used every method to get it done but still failed.Iā€™m using MT4 trading platform.

Thanks.

Does anyone know why the cowbunga system has not been updated for a couple of weeks now by Pipsufer. I was away on vacation. Cheers.

Maybe the surfer is on vacation, or something else more important in his life happened. Maybe weā€™re going to see another change of identities with who keeps updating the cowabunga system trades?

It just happen 2 days ago i read (enter) baby pip school ā€¦ and just for today i try the COWABUNGA ā€œso easy hard to believeā€ system ā€¦ enter market 4 times (with those simple signal) ā€¦ and all hits ā€¦ wow ā€¦

i guess iā€™ll report again after a week ā€¦

ā€œtry focus guysā€

ā€¦

Can someone please educate me as to what cowabunga is. Iā€™m a newbie and still learning every aspect of forex. Thank you.

Anyone has used the original method posted in ā€œschoolā€ doing swing trading in daily chart? :rolleyes:

A look at the very first post of this thread should answer your question.

I have a quick question. For the Stochastics in the cowabunga system. I know it is set to 10,3,3 but do you use the Stochastics fast or the slow. Could someone let me know.

thanks,

Iā€™m pretty sure itā€™s slow stochs

Hi all,
I have finished the school and want to implement what I have learned so I want to learn thwe cowabunga system.I understand the system but what software packages do you guys use?I have installed about 15 and I canā€™t get all of the following in 1 package;4 hr chart and enough historical data on the 15min chart.Does anyone know of a free charting package that allows me to create 4hr and 15min charts which start from april or may so I can learn the system properly by looking at old posts??Otherwise I will use FXCM for the 15min chart and use metatrader for the 4hr chart!
Thanks for any responses:)

Hi,
I am just wondering if it would be possible to use the 1 HR chart to determine the main trend directionā€¦IS there anybody who tried that? What do you think? Would it give too many false signals? And what about if we also lower our profit target?
Thanks!
All the best, xrbor.

Hi Xrbor !

I have tried it with 1 Hr Chart and u will definetly get many changes in trend.Probably 2 hr is the next bet.

As far as the question of lower profits is concerned it wonā€™t justify the risk reward ratio and u will find that many times it is as low as 1:1 with stop loss.lowering it further might give u 2-3 profits but one bad trade will equals the previous 2-3 good trades.
My thoughts !