The physics behind trading and technical analysis

Do I detect a HA thrown into the mix there GP? :slight_smile:

You do. I like them better on the shorter time frames, not as many false signals

What an eagle eye!

Hi. I am Jutawan. I have few ideas to contribute concerning Price Action and technical trading. I have learned the hard way of trading few years back and did search for few guruā€™s in technical trading and fundamental trading. Iā€™ve decided to master technical trading more compared to fundamental, still knowing both proves to worthy of knowing. As JRC mentionedā€¦its not a pure science well, I will agree to that, because, for me the is no standardise trading technique can be applied with 99.999% perfection. What I have come out with is quite simple, 1st i must decide what sort of trader I wanna be, scalper or swinger. 2nd my equity strenght, how much can I afford to lose if the market really kick me out, 3rd- tools that works for me (so far, I am using MA and EMA plus standard indi like MACD, RSI for deviation before I trade).

It is a discipline which cost me hundred of hours exposure to multi charts, back-test and forward test my strategies, along the way, it nearly hampered me to nearly give up technical trading. By surprise, I didnā€™t need to search further than my MT4 terminal , where Moving Average (lagging) and MACD (lagging) plus RSI did make some sense of price directions. I also equiped my understanding with candle formation like engulfing, outside bar, doji and few tricks, on how to apply engulfing when others donā€™t see it happening, how to group candles during trending up or down and side ways, how to trade during does moments, and many more technique. Now day, I made it short and simple, just pick 3 to 4 MA setup, MACD, look for divergence(regular and hidden) and convergence, and control my MM as tight as possible but, at the same time giving space for flexible decission making if I see better opportunity. The most important trick I learn, well with expensive accounts blow out is, find a pair that works for me. Mine, is EU, and I choose to do BUY trade most of the time, if MACD does not giving any good signal, I just relax and wait, if I chase after the market it will definitely run away with my moneyā€¦just wait for the right setupā€¦either be it price action or my lagging indicators, I just need to waitā€¦and ā€¦I am very pleased with the result so farā€¦continue laterā€¦

I agree! No physics or engineering it in. The closest science topic would be psychology or statistics. Wilder (sp ?) was a mechanical engineer which did a lot of work to make mathematical analogies between mechanics and tech analysis. I havenā€™t read much of his work, but that might be a place for you (JRC) to start. He developed a lot of indicators, ADR, ATR are a couple I believe.

You said that you do not use indicators as part of your analyisis - rather, only to confirm your analysis. My question to this was ā€œif you donā€™t use indicators [B]as part of your analysis[/B], what do you use?ā€.

That sounds very interesting. Iā€™ll buy his book at some point