The reality of making money in trading Forex

I trade FX fulltime, the difference is i can work my own hours. No peak hour commutes, no business expenses, no costs at all . The major benefit is i now have the time to do the things that i want, when i want, spend quality time with my kids.
I am no longer exchanging time for money or working the JOB ( just over broke ) . I don’t care what people think, or whether anyone understands what i do, I just know , when they are all at work on Monday morning, I’m at the beach, or out riding my motorcycle. FX is a level playing field, you have every opportunity to earn what ever you want with minimal financial input.
It depends on how “smart” you are. You mind is the limit. 90% of people don’t really know what the basic idea of trading is.

Calling a job, just over broke, is ridiculous. How do you think this economy even works?

By having many people working in just over broke positions to make a few very wealthy.

Just over broke annoys me, it implies at the end of the month you have spare cash from working, I have a JAB, just always broke

…and when other people are on the beach Sunday morning, then you are also in the beach:39:

MH135 is a sh1t talker.

Just a dreamer, he is 17 years old.

Jobs are needed. If they are just over broke, that is not a problem with their job that is a problem with their personal spending.

Jobs are required of any modern economy. We cannot all be self employed.

And being an employer doesn’t necessarily make you one of the wealthy. There are people with jobs that are wealthy all the same.

Agree with mastergunner. Nothing wrong with being employed in a 9-5. Some people are actually content with their jobs and probably get a lot of respect from peers/friend/family for doing that job. Trading could be classified easily as a selfish endeavor even if you donate to charities and make sure you family and friends are well looked after(most of us want this anyhow). Reality of forex trading is most people can’t push through that barrier that makes it a successful option for them to make a living.

Yes.

If they are lucky, this it is not always the case. Try living in London on even the average wage.

Correct.

Obviously.

I don’t recall saying there was.

Some people love the security of having a 9 to 5, the knowledge of having that fixed income coming in every month and budgeting accordingly. It gives them a sense of stability. While the Forexmarket is very attractive (fast money for less the work) it is also accompanied with a risk. If you are very knowledgeable perhaps the risk is a lower, but nevertheless its a risk.

If they are living in London and cannot afford the lifestyle in that region, they gave an option to move to an area that is more affordable.

By choosing to live beyond one’s means is not the fault of the employer or employment, but that of the employee.

Leave all their friends and family, move to an area where they know no-one and where possibly there are no jobs/ no jobs they can do/ no jobs they are qualified for.

But at least they will be living cheaply.

Not a great life plan.

But a reality for some in any balanced economy.

Trust me that’s a myth, it’s long hours, hard work and the money is anything but fast! :56:

Thats also why you should not just pack up and move to a place you know nothing about. Thats why you must do your homework as with anything in life. When I lived in Miami life was great but after the company I worked for closed its doors and I started for someone else I could not afford to stay there. So what did I do? I started looking for a beeter paying job which I did not find but what I did find was a lower paying job in an area where the cost of living was much less. Now I have been here for 7 years my pay increased and I can afford to live again.

Obviously. but unfortunately not everyone has the ability or opportunity.

It sounds like you got dealt a duff hand, made the best out of a bad situation and come out the other side, so congratulations on that.

You do what you have to do. Friends come and go. Family can always visit. And with the Internet everyone is still connected.

Those that seek to blame are those that suffer the most.

You either live a very blessed or blighted existance.

Certainly seperated from the reality of many peoples lives.

Don’t think waiting for lady luck to create opportunities is a great way to approach life.