The Sproule System

Last trade of the week on my real account closed with a TP of 100pips profit!!!

:35:

Hi,

Iā€™ve build an EA using your rules but the results are completely different. I couldnā€™t test it with real data because the markets are closed but could it be due to the modeling quality of the historical data?

If your comparing your results with the MyFXBook I have on this thread, the results will be different as the myfxbook is using an EA based on this strategy.

could you tell me what the heck EA is?

EA stands for Expert Advisor. It is a program that runs on Metatrader, developed based of peopleā€™s trading strategies and automatically trades on your behalf. Itā€™s then put on a computer running 24/7 which means the program will trading 24 hours a day while the markets are open so no need to sit in front of a computer to trade. Depending on the EA you can enter your lot size, TP and SL or let the EA do it for you based on what percentage of risk you are willing to take. Every EA varies, the best place to have a look for info on EAs, go this BabyPip thread -Expert Advisors and Automated Trading

soā€¦how can i run this programme in MT4? where can i get this stuff?

Yes, iā€™m comparing the results with the MyFXBook but my EA is also based on the strategy you posted here and that is why i donā€™t understand why the results are so different. Iā€™m going to let it run during the week and see if my luck dhangesā€¦

The EA is based on this strategy, not exactly the same as the EA uses multiple timeframes so it still will be different.

Dear aidysproule
Here i have a lil question for you, i just toying with your system i found a situation at where i need your suggestion, so please look at the pic i uploaded and tell me what to do as per your system - when situation like that comes again?
here the pic :

here the direct link of the pic http://i42.tinypic.com/35kqs5u.gif

and one more thing u told in ur first post 'bout the Entry Conditions of this system as

BUY
Enter a buy position when the current price is above the 100EMA and the previous low is above the 100EMA.
SELL
Enter a sell position when the current price is below the 100EMA and the previous high is below the 100EMA.

So my question is what u wanna say by previous low / high ? did u mean to say just previous candleā€™s low / high or in over all chart picture the last located chart patternā€™s low / high ?

Thanks and not only aidysproule, any kind soul are welcome to solve this questions
thanks once again
cda08

very good question ā€¦ i will be waiting to see the answer :slight_smile:

Sitting in the airport at the moment. I will be home and able to reply fully in 6-7hrs.

No problem, take your time, i ainā€™t no hurry
i just testing and seeing the system from different angle and its the first set of expression - my previous asking i mean to say - so time i spend on it i will ask u more whenever i will find sometin askable
Thanks at upfront and waittin for your next full reply

Hi cda08,

In the situation that you have shown, I would look at a larger timeframe to see the trend, then I would wait until the at least 3-4bars on the H1 chart have moved in that direction, keeping an eye on the candlesticks to make sure that none are showing a reversal.

and i asked another question also, ans plz, here i repeting that once again,

and one more thing u told in ur first post 'bout the Entry Conditions of this system as

BUY
Enter a buy position when the current price is above the 100EMA and the previous low is above the 100EMA.
SELL
Enter a sell position when the current price is below the 100EMA and the previous high is below the 100EMA.

So my question is what u wanna say by previous low / high ? did u mean to say just previous candleā€™s low / high or in over all chart picture the last located chart patternā€™s low / high ?

Sorry, remember reading your question but forgot to answer.

Yes, the previous high\low refers to the previous candle.

Hi Aidy,

Iā€™m new to forex trading, so I apologise in advance if the answer to my question is obvious ā€¦ I really love the simplicity of this system, but wish to query the definition of the ā€œBUYā€ and ā€œSELLā€ criteria listed above, as I think I may be missing something. I used your hi-res image to look specifically at the entry points of each trade and where the previous high / low is relative to the sell / buy respectively.

For example, your ā€œSELLā€ states current price must be below 100EMA AND previous high is below EMA too.

If you refer to Entry 1 (a Sell) - whilst the price is below the 100EMA, quite clearly the previous high is not (so this shouldnā€™t have triggered a trade?). I would estimate the previous high is around 9550 - i.e. way ABOVE the 100EMA. Am I missing something? Iā€™d be grateful of a reply, because as a beginner to forex, I ought to get the proper rules of the system straight in my head.

Thanks in advance,

tradertuck

Hi Aidy - Iā€™ve just seen your response to a previous (similar) question. I understand low/high refers to the previous candle, so thatā€™s great. :slight_smile:

Hi sproule gr8 system thanks 4 sharing may I know exact pairs you trade?

eurusd at 1.3116 now 16:42 GMT+1. It moved under the 100EMA line and formed a new candle below the line. So we short and set the SL at 1.3138 (the 100EMA). Right?

Oh and set TakeProfit at 1.3016. Note that 1 hour ago eurusd was at 1.3066.

Sorry so glaring on post #1, my thoughts are sure the system as it is can work on H4 without amendments?