The Trader on The Moon

[QUOTE=“jadd806;651175”] Well I had you on my ignore list, so I’m not sure why I can still see your rubbish. Feel free to not read my posts, and then not comment on them. Clearly I have struck a nerve, which is likely your own inability to get-rich-quick in the Forex market. Whatever happened to that thread where you were going to turn $50 into a small fortune? Clearly you can’t trade either, and that $50 account you blew up several times would have been far better put to use on grammar lessons. I don’t particularly care if I’m not going to be successful in the Forex market. I will find success in other ways. I am graduating at the top of my class with one of the highest paying Bachelor’s degrees available. I have the option of attending one of the most prestigious medical schools in the country next year. Forex was mainly a way for me to pass the time at a boring internship for required assistantship hours. If I figured it out great; if not then oh well. So tell me, what are you doing with your life? Or is your only exit plan a pipe dream about using the Forex market as a get-rich-quick scheme?[/QUOTE]

You ignored me yet you still feel the need to randomly inbox me this msg jadd806]I wondered when you’d pop back up. Still a fat, poor **losing money in Forex? , common dude don’t make your self look more stupid just stop with the technical crap grow up get a job move on man ,
Forex is not for you you stated it your self many times , yet you still lurk around trolling .

Oh I get it. You’re the nerdy science student who gets hurt when others are succeeding where you can’t. Your avatar picture with your sister shows that you are also insecure about girls. Now it all makes sense!

I am pretty sure Libertysilver is doing well for himself. As for me, I am a student and I make 60k a year in my internship. You are still at least 5 years away from earning that much, so cheer up buddy and stop being the nerdy forum troll. Cue: ask me for a screenshot of my paystub since you don’t believe anyone can do better than you.

[QUOTE=“jadd806;651175”] Well I had you on my ignore list, so I’m not sure why I can still see your rubbish. Feel free to not read my posts, and then not comment on them. Clearly I have struck a nerve, which is likely your own inability to get-rich-quick in the Forex market. Whatever happened to that thread where you were going to turn $50 into a small fortune? Clearly you can’t trade either, and that $50 account you blew up several times would have been far better put to use on grammar lessons. I don’t particularly care if I’m not going to be successful in the Forex market. I will find success in other ways. I am graduating at the top of my class with one of the highest paying Bachelor’s degrees available. I have the option of attending one of the most prestigious medical schools in the country next year. Forex was mainly a way for me to pass the time at a boring internship for required assistantship hours. If I figured it out great; if not then oh well. So tell me, what are you doing with your life? Or is your only exit plan a pipe dream about using the Forex market as a get-rich-quick scheme?[/QUOTE]

P.S my account that $50 dollar account is now $473 equity I suppose your gunna start demanding to see my fxbook right … I’m happy I know I’m making money could careless I don’t trade forex for babypips , nether do I trade forex for you , I trade for myself iv already proven success to my self many times , explain why I brag or prove anything to anybody , I don’t know you from Adam or Eve mate ,

Gr8 b8 m8s.

See ya later, this is my last post here.

For such a skeptic I’ve always wondered why you never pursued to find the lack of edge yourself and always quoted other people. Perhaps you have and have just not shown it. I’m not on this forum too often these days so I’ve never actually heard any of these actual studies, although I am curious. Personally, I think there’s a huge wealth of information that states that the markets are not random. Easy and predictable? No. Tradeable? Not always. But certainly not completely random. Anytime a conversation like this occurs, it’s important to define what is random and not random. If we assume that markets are as random as coin flipping, I think it can be concluded that the market is not random.(I think only an idiot would argue that the market is COMPLETELY random. Price does not jump between two price points randomly. )

The below are a tiny subset of things that are not random.
The chance that:
-An opening gap is filled during the week
-Time that a daily high/low is created
-Open/close value (up or down) of the week based on movements of past days
-structure of the a day

The last one particularly has it’s own set of non-random foot prints. For example it’s pretty safe to say that any daily bar will have wicks. Therefore in theory, you can short or long any day and you have a good chance to win at some point. The chance that a daily bar has no wick is NOT 50%. Easy to trade? No.

I think at the very least we can agree that the market is not random, but that there’s a (large) difference between random and a profitable tactic/strategy/system. I think there’s a large disconnect to compare coin flipping to anything that offers hindsight reading that cannot be ignored. That is to say, most people can find a reason to trade long after a long move has completed. I don’t think many people can seriously find a reason to guess heads or tails after it lands as such (debateable, but I think it’s a bit of a silly arguement).

As for successful traders, this forum seems to lack them but goldenmember had an fxbook that was open and was consistently profitable over a long period of time. On other forums, I think it’s a bit of a stretch to say no one has figured out a good way to trade the market. I’ve seen someone make 130% in a week with 41/41 winning trades and an average trade duration of 3 hours. We can argue the technicalities of martingale(I can’t remember any trade lasting over 24hr, and only traded 1 pair) or the fact that it was demo but I’d challenge anyone to replicate those results. It’s harder than you’d imagine.

Regardless, I have enjoyed (to an extent) the anti-fx-is-profitable attitude over the months because it does push people to be a bit more critical of the material presented. Most of the systems presented on these forums are just plain bad and should be avoided. In fact, they almost all have the same flaw in them that makes them untrade-able in my opinion. It’s pushed as “study it and it’ll be easy” but it’s not. It’s really not. To me, it’s not to say that because none of the thousands of systems here are profitable are, none exists, but each person draws their own conclusion.

I think it’s only a matter of time before someone shows up and proves profitabiliy, either in a real/demo fxbook, trade calls, or passed knowledge that most people accept. Maybe it’ll be a year or five or ten, but I think it’ll happen. Or never. That’s always possible as well =p

[QUOTE=“LiquidGenius;651199”] For such a skeptic I’ve always wondered why you never pursued to find the lack of edge yourself and always quoted other people. Perhaps you have and have just not shown it. I’m not on this forum too often these days so I’ve never actually heard any of these actual studies, although I am curious. Personally, I think there’s a huge wealth of information that states that the markets are not random. Easy and predictable? No. Tradeable? Not always. But certainly not completely random. Anytime a conversation like this occurs, it’s important to define what is random and not random. If we assume that markets are as random as coin flipping, I think it can be concluded that the market is not random.(I think only an idiot would argue that the market is COMPLETELY random. Price does not jump between two price points randomly. ) The below are a tiny subset of things that are not random. The chance that: -An opening gap is filled during the week -Time that a daily high/low is created -Open/close value (up or down) of the week based on movements of past days -structure of the a day The last one particularly has it’s own set of non-random foot prints. For example it’s pretty safe to say that any daily bar will have wicks. Therefore in theory, you can short or long any day and you have a good chance to win at some point. The chance that a daily bar has no wick is NOT 50%. Easy to trade? No. I think at the very least we can agree that the market is not random, but that there’s a (large) difference between random and a profitable tactic/strategy/system. I think there’s a large disconnect to compare coin flipping to anything that offers hindsight reading that cannot be ignored. That is to say, most people can find a reason to trade long after a long move has completed. I don’t think many people can seriously find a reason to guess heads or tails after it lands as such (debateable, but I think it’s a bit of a silly arguement). As for successful traders, this forum seems to lack them but goldenmember had an fxbook that was open and was consistently profitable over a long period of time. On other forums, I think it’s a bit of a stretch to say no one has figured out a good way to trade the market. I’ve seen someone make 130% in a week with 41/41 winning trades and an average trade duration of 3 hours. We can argue the technicalities of martingale(I can’t remember any trade lasting over 24hr, and only traded 1 pair) or the fact that it was demo but I’d challenge anyone to replicate those results. It’s harder than you’d imagine. Regardless, I have enjoyed (to an extent) the anti-fx-is-profitable attitude over the months because it does push people to be a bit more critical of the material presented. Most of the systems presented on these forums are just plain bad and should be avoided. In fact, they almost all have the same flaw in them that makes them untrade-able in my opinion. It’s pushed as “study it and it’ll be easy” but it’s not. It’s really not. To me, it’s not to say that because none of the thousands of systems here are profitable are, none exists, but each person draws their own conclusion. I think it’s only a matter of time before someone shows up and proves profitabiliy, either in a real/demo fxbook, trade calls, or passed knowledge that most people accept. Maybe it’ll be a year or five or ten, but I think it’ll happen. Or never. That’s always possible as well =p[/QUOTE]

You my friend are LiquidGenius , couldn’t have said it better lol

When jadd806 says “[B]last post here[/B]” I hope he means the [B]whole bp forum [/B]and not just this thread. :smiley:

I nominate this for most surprising thread ever! Trader on the moon

[QUOTE=“d-pip;651203”] When jadd806 says “last post here” I hope he means the whole bp forum and not just this thread. :D[/QUOTE]

He will be back , he usually dose this after being proven wrong , he’s a child .