The WinPsych Experiment

Oh about closing the trade late… Forgot to address that. I trade the daily. I have a trade recovery option which is very nice but I often just take a loss instead. I get a signal each night, so in the event I am wrong and do not get stopped out, if I get the same reoccurring signal for the second 24 hour candle, I have the option to stay in and let the trade potentially recover some loss and or potentially become a profitable trade. The beauty of this system is there are several different reoccurring patterns in the output (we trade off the output), with a team of determined individuals we could trade all these patterns (creating more trading opportunities) and enter different setups that still have the same exit, but get in at the best possible entry. So far I have traded two patterns successfully, but I only trade 1 right now. I’m trying to fully map out one pattern and trade it successfully before I move into the other potential trading patterns. It takes a lot of work to study these patterns and correctly identify them. Which is also another reason I just stick to one right now. Also, this system is not pair discriminate, it works on every pair I have looked at (over 10+). And it works in all market conditions. Thus making itself very well rounded.
Anyways. Hit me up after you check it out.

Account size isn’t irrelevant. Money in the real world has an absolute value so there comes a point when trading an account size that regardless of the percentage point the absolute cost of failure is too high. Big position traders sometimes mention an account being to big to make money and reducing an account size. (not that i have ever been lucky enough to have that issue YET)

Have had a brief look at your thread, i will look into it in depth perhaps when i have a proper grasp of what we are dealing with you can talk me through it.

[QUOTE=“WinPsych;618580”] Account size isn’t irrelevant. Money in the real world has an absolute value so there comes a point when trading an account size that regardless of the percentage point the absolute cost of failure is too high. Big position traders sometimes mention an account being to big to make money and reducing an account size. (not that i have ever been lucky enough to have that issue YET) Have had a brief look at your thread, i will look into it in depth perhaps when i have a proper grasp of what we are dealing with you can talk me through it.[/QUOTE]

Sounds good. In short, future prediction is evident in price extremes, rather than common “open to close” I believe. Do you have a Skype?

Also if the account starts getting to big, we can just withdrawal some money xD. Can’t hurt to spend some at some point lol.

Never invest what your not willing to lose… Making withdrawals is cutting yourself short. We are taking High value trades, you need that margin to make the money… *shruggs, just sayin…

Unless you looking to live off it, you have to think a tad differently, No?

[QUOTE=“MoneyNVRSleeps;618589”] Never invest what your not willing to lose… Making withdrawals is cutting yourself short. We are taking High value trades, you need that margin to make the money… *shruggs, just sayin… Unless you looking to live off it, you have to think a tad differently, No?[/QUOTE]

Would love to live off it once I hit a mill. Until then I would like to grow it enough (50-100k) so I can trade it full time to a mill (my trading wouldn’t really change I just don’t want to work for anyone but myself when possible). I don’t spend much money even if I have it. I’m content with getting on these forums and doing free stuff till I make enough to do some of the expensive sports I would like to do.

WinPsych,

[B]Why do most folks that attempt to trade FX fail?[/B] I think the simple and obvious answer is they do not have the [B]adequate capital,[/B] period!

Psychology, strategy, back testing, blah, blah, blah, sure they’re real issues but secondary to having adequate capital.

Trading is a business, just as a start-up delivery pizza business needs to have the capital to purchase a properly sized pizza oven.

Or a plumber starting his/her own business needs to purchase supplies, tools, a van or station wagon, etc, a trader needs to have an appropriate amount of capital to trade with.

I would rate any trader that can consistently earned 5% per month, with a min draw down, to be “very successful”.

So at 5% per month with capital of 20K to 50K our “very successful” trader is earning an amount that’s worth talking about. An amount worth staying in the game for the long haul.

The same “very successful” 5% per month trader with capital of only 1K to 3K is hardly covering his/her monthly Starbucks bill. The few extra dollars hardly seems worth the time and effort, probably could make more selling their no-longer-used crap on ebay.

So what do the un-capitalized “very successful” 5% per month traders do? They seem to get crazy, attempting to double, triple, quadruple, their capital. And bang, a trader that can consistently earn a very respectable 5% per month blows their account.

Adequate capital is to a successful trader as a well equipped toolbox is to a craftsman. :wink:

Umm, well, you could start by just fixing sink, if all you have is a monkey wrench… Name it, " Just Sinks", … Landscaping? Humm, Harbor frieght, $15 trimmers, name it, " Just Shrubbs", … Pizza, Buy a cheap oven, " Pizza under an Hour", BWHAHAHA…

Hey, capital does help, if your a 5% monthly trader/Traditional forex investor/

[QUOTE=“MoneyNVRSleeps;618599”]Umm, well, you could start by just fixing sink, if all you have is a monkey wrench… Name it, " Just Sinks", … Landscaping? Humm, Harbor frieght, $15 trimmers, name it, " Just Shrubbs", … Pizza, Buy a cheap oven, " Pizza under an Hour", BWHAHAHA… Hey, capital does help, if your a 5% monthly trader/Traditional forex investor/[/QUOTE]

Lol. Then comes my argument to the poster above. “If you can’t trade a dollar, you can’t trade 100 grand.” Forex is scalable my dude despite contrary belief. Trade macro successfully (for several months straight!) then deposit your desired 20k or 50k.

d-pip is a good dude, i was just messin,

[QUOTE=“MoneyNVRSleeps;618608”]d-pip is a good dude, i was just messin,[/QUOTE]

D pip hates me. He did answer a question I had in another thread, and again I thank him. But treating me like a “2nd” grader was not appreciated. D pip has a different approach no big deal. Like money said there are lots of different approaches to trading. None are wrong… But not all are profitable long or short term.

[B]That’s the million dollar question?[/B]

I would say [B]no[/B]. If it were that easy then this would be the way hedge funds would trade. But with any profitable strategy, it should inevitably make consistent profits. However, consistency has its rocky bumps which causes us as retail traders, to steer off course to try & rectify the problem. My take is the problem will always be there you just have to stay on course & learn to ride the bumps. No different to building an aircraft to withstand turbulence. It has to be proven before you go commercial. If it crashes you learn & make it better. You overcome the problem but certainly don’t avoid the turbulence thinking that is the answer.
Its not all doom & gloom. I think if you have a proven profitable strategy, you could just diversify this by trading three times frames. i.e. Day trading, swing trading & position trading. Treat each type of trade individually & not mix signals between them. This means sometimes you will loose on the day trading but make money in a position or swing. Maybe all three types of trades loose then all three may win, who knows but the [B]EDGE [/B]should take care of the long term profits.
My point is you trade each type (day, swing or position) as a separate strategy even though its the same strategy over different time periods.
This is my conclusion so far & may not necessarily be someone else’s.

Im sure we all can contribute something important to building a better strategy which fits all markets & time frames.

Let us all reveal what has worked for us individually no matter how small & maybe we can put our heads together & build a more solid strategy which all of us can trade individual accounts but together as a thread. This way the same analysis conclusions would be draw on every trade. No discretion just rules. We can make it as simple or complex as we like. I can back test all though this takes time & effort so any help would be nice. Some one may volunteer to forward test a small live account. What ever helps…

Lets just think about this for a second. If a plumber, pizza biz or any business is opened with all the tools equipment & plenty of capital behind you, you still have to know your craft/trade etc. You can have all the money in the world but if you have not got the right skills or business model then you’re going to loose over time.

We are all trading the same markets as the professionals. Price goes in the same directions. Read the “market wizards” books by Jack Schwager. Nearly all had to start small. They only made it big by luck at the beginning or opening there own funds for the rich to invest. They made there money off other rich folk. Not saying this is the only way but statistically this is common.

[B]I agree 100%[/B]

[B]In my opinion…Yes[/B]

No no no…Diversify that money into long term wealth. Put is safely into an ISA account etc.

Again…I agree.

[QUOTE=“Tyrone Archer;618677”] Again…I agree.[/QUOTE]

You the man. Hope your trading is going great!

Tyrone Archer,

:slight_smile: What you say about having the right skills is very true. Psychology, strategy, craft/trade, etc are [B]real issues[/B], but still secondary to having adequate capital.

You could be an incredibly brilliant and talented trader, but without some sort of adequate capital you’ll be lucky to earn a few extra bucks for coffee or maybe a nice night out on the town.

I understand this. You have made a valid point but I don’t think this is secondary at all. Once you have a profitable strategy, you just keep adding to your trading account with confidence (like a long term savings plan). This is how I trade my savings. Once I’ve built up a few years profitable portfolio then I can apply for work as a trader. It would be far nicer to trade for a bank, hedge fund or money manager & take a percentage & a wage each year. This would also be saved over the years to eventually trade my own even larger trading account. You need money to make money but we got to start somewhere. That’s the theory.