The Z Pattern

Hi Yves,

Sorry for replying late I’m awfuly busy these days.
But to the setup, Yeah it was a Z Pattern! Your TP would have been real tight, none the less it played out and managed to push further down.

Well spotted Yves.

Cheers

Hi Mario,

Refering to Nzd/Usd 4hr z pattern on 11th oct’.

After breaking the low of the last candle of the pattern(which is the optimal Entry point) price managed to push lower and travelled half way through to your TP. That’s where if I had an open position , I would have gone Break Even(BE).

You see, protecting capital is VITAL in any strategy . Moreover I risk the same amount of my account on all the Z PAttern trades I take, be it 20 pips to SL or 100 pips. The ultimate goal is to trade the quality Z Patterns, in order to come out profitable.

I hope that helps.

Wish you the best of luck.

Cheers

EUR/USD 1hr z pattern

As it is visible on the above chart, the candle did not close at the channel line or in other words it did not touch. However it came very close to a quality Z Pattern which could turn the recent momentum. In situations like that I sit on my hands and let it pass.

The relevant Line chart(I numbered the 4 closing prices);

Cheers

USD/Chf 1hr z pattern

The last candle completed the z pattern.A quality z pattern on lower time frames is rare to occur but is the indication of a momentum reversal.
That is a live setup I’m currently playing and I placed my stops as visible on the chart above.

The relevant Line chart

Notice how the two tops are in complete proportion.

Cheers

USD/CHF 1hr TRADE RECAP

Once price broke through the low of the last candle of the pattern it managed to push down and come very close to our initial TP. During the Asian session Price Action was limited and the second push came with London market openings which hit initial Tp and far beyond.

The Z PAttern can be very useful on identifying momentum reversals and more often than not it can be utilized in confluence with regular analysis. In order to get the most out of your trades.

I hope every trader can benefit from it, wish you all the best.

Cheers

USD/JPY 1hr Z pattern

This is perfect example of the Z pattern and a live setup I’m currently playing.

Relevant Line chart.

I wish everyone the very best of luck.

Cheers

Oups, I am on the other side of this trade. There is room for both of us to profit. Hope that’s what will happen mate!

Trading the z pattern has little to do with the major trend or swing,that’s why it preforms poorly on the daily chart but impressively on lower TFs.
Of course bringing the pattern in confluence with major analysis puts the trader ultimately on the winning side.

Tp has been hit on the USD/jpy 1hr z pattern long trade.

I wish you the best.

Cheers

USD/Jpy 1hr Z pattern 18.OCT. '13 trade recap

Price triggered stops and climbed to hit TP with a pip to spare in the very first push. I took full profit on this trade with a R:R of 1/2.

The reason why I blur candles before the pattern and after the result is to emphasize only on the pattern and the move that leads to the outcome.
Regardless of a strong uptrend or downtrend, the Z pattern gives an opportunity to trade in between. Which with proper risk management yields just as much as if trading longer positions.Moreover if brought together with a swing trade anticipation, the Z can be very powerful to maximize traders success over time.

I wish all the best.

Cheers

USD/CHF 8hr

Price on that pair has moved into a level from where there is a high probablity to bounce. Keeping that in mind I was looking for a Z Pattern that could bring one to one together,ie; anticipation of a bounce and reversal signal.

As visible on the chart above Price came very close to mold a Z , but fell short to touch. Whilst there is the possibility that momentum turns, with an incomplete Z there is not a valid Entry point yet.

Relevant Line chart.

I occasionaly use the Z pattern to find an optimal Entry point from where I anticipate a move. However if anyone feels they haven’t grasped the concept yet, I suggest sticking to the Eur/Usd 4hr Z Pattern as they are very easy to find and to trade.

Cheers

EUR/USD 6hr ‘Z’ Live Setup

This is a live setup I’m currently playing. While I was anticipating a reversal on that pair a Z pattern on the 6hr chart has presented itself. While profit target is marked on the chart above, I will not hesitate to move my S/L to Break even if needed.

Relevant line chart.

Notice the 4 closing prices and how they perfectly touch the channel lines.

I wish all the best.

Cheers

A little late entry on Gold. Lets see how it goes.

EUR/USD 6hr ‘Z’ trade recap.

Unfortunately price snapped back up higher leaving me with no choice but to close half of my trade at around 1:1 profit and leaving the remainder to get stopped out.

I wish you all the best and successful trading.

Cheers

EUR/USD 1hr ‘Z’

This Z pattern has been formed after a massive rejection. It is a Live setup I’m playing. I’ll Enter upon break of the last candle’s low and will aim for the bottom of the pattern.

Relevant line chart

Cheers

Even though Price didn’t manage to fully reverse at that time,after a long noisy market it took it’s anticipated direction.

I have been trading a few but quality Z setups lately and hopefully will find the time to post them. Also I will try my best to post those setups that are still to come.

Please don’t hesitate to ask any questions regarding Z pattern trading.

I wish all the best.

Cheers

Aud/Jpy 4hr Z pattern

After several patterns got their high or low taken out and inevitably got canceled. Aud/jpy got triggered and managed to hit TP with two candles before dropping deep.

Relevant Line chart.

I wish all successful trading.

Cheers

Found this thread today and i read all posts in this thread. Interesting strategy, I am going to test it, please keep up the good work

Hello, very nice tread. Can i know if this will also work on the MT4 charting software? Thank you~

Hi,

Yes it works on mt4,mt5 and any other charting software that allows you to draw lines and flick between Line charts and candlestick charts.

Cheers

USD/CAD 8hr Z

On Friday price completed a very obvious Z Pattern on the U.S. dollar/Canadian dollar pair.
Price broke through our Entry and moved lower. Now price has rejected our initial TP by a few pips, while I will keep my trade open simultaniously I move my Stop Loss(SL) to Breakeven(BE).

Relevant line chart

The four closing points are in complete porportion thus presenting us with a perfect Z.

If anyone doesn’t have a 8hr chart than it is easily acquired through opening a demo account at any Broker that offers mt-5.

I wish all the best and success.

Cheers